PDA

View Full Version : This is turning into Gunbroker

500MAG
10-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Nothing against anyone doing it but I kinda like the old way of putting an item up for sale for a price. This looks like it is turning into Gunbroker with all the auctions. I do understand auctions for a benefit but this is starting to get crazy.

mckenziedrums
10-05-2013, 10:26 AM
Just do what I do... ignore the "auction" listings. If you're not going to put a firm price on it I'm not going to deal with you. Too much hassle and I don't need anything that bad.

BrassMagnet
10-05-2013, 10:27 AM
I concur. I don't like auctions unless they are a site/member benefit.

jmort
10-05-2013, 10:31 AM
"I don't like auctions unless they are a site/member benefit"

Agree O/P and agree with BrassMagnet.

Ben
10-05-2013, 10:32 AM
I stand clear of " auctions ".
If you want me to be a buyer, describe it clearly , hopefully let me see it with a photo, put a reasonable price on it and I'm at least a candidate to buy.

The bid thing , NO ! !, too much like " Flea-Bay ".

GARD72977
10-05-2013, 10:34 AM
I agree. I really hate the "Best offer" . If people keep buying the auctions will continue.

theperfessor
10-05-2013, 10:46 AM
On the other hand, a lot of folks complain that things get put up for sale and sold before they can even see the listing. An auction stretches things out for enough time that everyone gets the chance to see what is offered before its gone. Makes little difference either way to me, if I'm interested I'm interested, if I'm not, I'm not; doesn't matter to me how it's sold.

kenjuudo
10-05-2013, 10:50 AM
I'll be the odd man out, for that discontinued mold, or equipment I need to get a new guy started, I'd much rather it be on the board for more than a few minutes.

jim

StratsMan
10-05-2013, 10:53 AM
I'll take the opposite tack also....

Ever see an item listed at a great price here, notice that it was listed 15 minutes ago, then click on it only to find that it sold in 5 minutes??? And while you're at it, you notice the buyer name, and see it's very familiar; a guy who must be spending LOTS of time watching these sales, judging by the amount of stuff purchased, and you wonder what that guy is doing with all that STUFF !!??!! (Or maybe you are that guy...)

I like auctions; I rarely get one, but at least I have a chance because I can't spend time during the work day watching for fixed-price sales. Let the marketplace set the price, as it should. Maybe I under-price my items when I sell here, but the last 3 or 4 items I've offered at fixed prices all sold within 15 minutes, and I had backup offers. There were hundreds of views on those sales; I like to believe that at least 10% of them would have bid, if the sale would have been an auction. Then they all would have had the chance to pay the amount they were willing....

Black Powder Bill
10-05-2013, 10:54 AM
My GB account everything is "buy now". I figure if a guy wants it he'll buy it then, not 2 weeks later.

Hamish
10-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Ain't capitalism cool?

RED333
10-05-2013, 11:06 AM
I am OK with the auction thing, I like to have a chance at something I need or want.

500MAG
10-05-2013, 11:07 AM
On the other hand, a lot of folks complain that things get put up for sale and sold before they can even see the listing. An auction stretches things out for enough time that everyone gets the chance to see what is offered before its gone. Makes little difference either way to me, if I'm interested I'm interested, if I'm not, I'm not; doesn't matter to me how it's sold.
I think all of us have had one taken before we can get to it. I also have been one of those takers. I don't complain about someone getting it before me, it just wasn't my time. I think the swapping section gets people on the site more often and they tend to post other stuff while they are here. It makes this site great. Maybe they should have an auction section with a part of the sale going to
Ken. Although, that may destroy the swapping section.

williamwaco
10-05-2013, 11:10 AM

I don't like the auctions either.

BUT.

I almost never get to buy anything here because I am always too late.
I have missed a few items that I would REALLY like to have had a shot at.

BUT.

I really don't want this turned into an auction site either.

AND

It is not fair to the owners to list and auction stuff here just to avoid the fees.

Love Life
10-05-2013, 11:16 AM
I could care less how a seller cares to sell. Their item, their rules, none of my business.

However; I would not be angered if they felt they should run all good deals through me first. This way I could tell them if their listing was going to offend anybody, and perhaps buy it right then to save them from being ridiculed. I would provide that service free of charge.

Guesser
10-05-2013, 11:16 AM
I am not a fan of the auction style listings. I don't stop to look at them. I want a price listed.

StratsMan
10-05-2013, 11:18 AM
It is not fair to the owners to list and auction stuff here just to avoid the fees.

I don't think our concept of "fair" is relevant here; rules are... If the owners of the site don't want to allow auctions, they can establish a rule for us to follow. If it was my site, I'd set the rules... And I will respect their rules for their site, which currently allow auctions. Nothing unfair about it...

Love Life
10-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Midway, Grafs, Natchez, etc have fixed prices...

StratsMan
10-05-2013, 11:21 AM
However; I would not be angered if they felt they should run all good deals through me first. This way I could tell them if their listing was going to offend anybody, and perhaps buy it right then to save them from being ridiculed. I would provide that service free of charge.

Hey Life... I may take you up on that offer! I have a Dillon 1050 that I plan to sell soon, and I don't want anyone to see a ridiculous price... I'll PM ya when I'm ready to sell... :grin:

Love Life
10-05-2013, 11:23 AM
I'm here to humbly serve.

Wait, you said 1050. Keep that thing away from me!

BrassMagnet
10-05-2013, 11:26 AM
(Or maybe you are that guy...)

I may resemble that remark!

Auctions are legal, just like on Fleabay. I buy on Fleabay, too. I am really offended when an auction goes to the last minute and then I get ambushed by someone who waited for the last 60 seconds to place their first bid. I would rather just pay the price now for something I want and not wait the week or so to see if I get ambushed.

waksupi
10-05-2013, 11:39 AM
This section was always meant to be open for auctions, from the very beginning.

HATCH
10-05-2013, 11:40 AM
Auctions benefit the seller.
They will get the most amount of money the members of this site want to pay.
What kills me is that I am looking for something and it shows up on here when I am sleeping.
It is bought up and then resold on Ebay or Gunbroker.
Auctions allow me to "bid" the max I want to pay for a item and if I get it then I get it.
It isn't so much being the guy who happened to see it first and snatched it up because the price was cheap.

atr
10-05-2013, 12:04 PM
I agree with the initial posting !
I also avoid the auction posts.
I think the site should be straight forward buy/sell only
atr

Love Life
10-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Maybe the site should start charging everybody to buy and sell like they do the vendor sponsors.

See, not every idea offered is a good one or palatable.

Live and let live. <---Polite way of saying mind your own business.

starmac
10-05-2013, 12:30 PM
I have bought quite a bit on here, and missed quite a bit too. I reckon a guy can do what he wants with his stiff, even throw it away without it being my business.

fatnhappy
10-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Ain't capitalism cool?

thank you, it is.
I typically steer clear of auctions but I recognize and support the owners right to dispose of his personal property in the manner he sees fit.

Catshooter
10-05-2013, 12:36 PM
And I'll take the other side and say, why is it that somebody feels the need to complain pretty regularly here? This is a great site. Perfect? Of course not.

But complainers chip away at a good thing that doesn't need chipping at!

Complaining is a way of life for most people. Set yourself on a higher plane, try not to so much.

Cat

Beagle333
10-05-2013, 12:38 PM
If you can sit here all day and keep hitting "refresh" and can nab a great deal, you hate auctions.
If you want the item and are willing to pay a fair price, but just couldn't find it.... you love auctions.

I have been lucky enough to nab a great deal in the 1st couple of minutes and have lost out many more times; while I have also won auctions at a crazy low bid..... I like both.

300savage
10-05-2013, 01:02 PM
personally i think this site should simply initiate a $1.00 fine for whining, their money issues would be instantly solved i assure you..

its the one thing there is no shortage of around here thats for darn sure.

if people want to auction something here thats their bizness, if you dont want to play i am sure you wont be missed.

dagunnut
10-05-2013, 01:18 PM
I try to avoid the auction type listings but that's my preference. There are two sides to the coin and some may not like either side. I would rather see it listed here and bring more items to these boards and away from evil-bay or gun-poker. If the seller uses the money they made to purchase and posts more stuff here that's great and helps everyone out. It really burns me when it becomes a routine however and nothing is returned to the site that made it all possible. They are getting top dollar for the items and not having to pay anything to do it. I have found great deals here and missed out on many, many more. I have also had others go out of their way to make a difference. Its the little things like tossing in some brass with a set of reloading dies, or adding some cast or jacketed bullets in with some brass. That's what makes things different here, for many its not about the dollar signs.

Mario
dagunnut

Bored1
10-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Doesn't matter to me if its an auction or a fixed price. To each his own. If I need it and can get it here for a good price doesn't matter. If it doesn't end up being a price I think is "good" then I will find it elsewhere for a "good" price. The same way with everything else I purchase or sell.

blackbike
10-05-2013, 01:23 PM
This section was always meant to be open for auctions, from the very beginning.

And what about threads like this one?
Looks like its burning up good realestate in S&S to me.
Just a thought, bb

jmort
10-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Agree. Once waksupi clarified it, the rest is academic and of no use, regardless of one's feelings.

500MAG
10-05-2013, 02:10 PM
And I'll take the other side and say, why is it that somebody feels the need to complain pretty regularly here? This is a great site. Perfect? Of course not.

But complainers chip away at a good thing that doesn't need chipping at!

Complaining is a way of life for most people. Set yourself on a higher plane, try not to so much.

Cat
Sounds like your complaining about complainers.:kidding:

Love Life
10-05-2013, 02:18 PM
We should post a complaint in the complaint department...

500MAG
10-05-2013, 02:22 PM
Maybe the site should start charging everybody to buy and sell like they do the vendor sponsors.

See, not every idea offered is a good one or palatable.

Live and let live. <---Polite way of saying mind your own business.
You guys are right. If there wasn't a desire or need for the item they wouldn't sell. They all seem to be selling and the buyer and the seller are happy.

dtknowles
10-05-2013, 02:30 PM
I think the dialog was useful, I don't have a preference auction or fixed price except when I am selling. I gladly sell inexpensive items for a fixed price here, I am not concerned about a couple bucks one way or the other. If I have a high dollar item I will probably put it on an auction site with more traffic.

Tim

PS Paul
10-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Meh. You win some, you lose some. Not crazy about the auctions, but the beauty part is the freedom of choice for the seller to do what he/she desires.

I have really ENJOYED some of the benefit auctions. and I've been the high bidder more than once.......

I too have been disappointed to lose by being too slow, but that's just life. That's all.

TXGunNut
10-05-2013, 02:41 PM
Auctions? We have auctions? Mebbe someday but that's not why I'm here. Have fun!

Rio Grande
10-05-2013, 02:59 PM
Sure, the auction allows more opportunities for more buyers, but the flip side is, only those with lots of money can buy. No more bargains. Sometimes I sell cheap for a reason.

starmac
10-05-2013, 03:08 PM
The only thing I have sold here was a site benefit auction. It did bring more than I would have ever ask for it, but I think that was mainly because of where the money was going. I have not noticed items selling for outrageous prices at the auctions members have posted. A deal is in the mind of the buyer. I don't see any comparisons to any auctions I have seen here and those on GB or fleabay, mainly I think for the most part the members here are more informed as to the actual value of the items.
I have no problems buying either way, and don't feel I have a say in how any individual wants to sell an item period.

shooter93
10-05-2013, 07:13 PM
Seems many people want a Free Market to be free their way.

Ed Barrett
10-05-2013, 07:25 PM
I like auctions.

Catshooter
10-05-2013, 08:10 PM
Sounds like your complaining about complainers.:kidding:

No, I'm whining. :)

Cat

WallyM3
10-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Auctions also serve a seller who hasn't any idea of the value of the item he's selling. It's happened to me on eBay.

Some times it has involved some serious coin (when I sorely needed it). I listed a three volume set of Lewis & Clark. Couldn't find a similar listing, no sales on-line, etc., couldn't even stab at a guess. $400, $500...?

Final price: $8,700.

No whining there.

Love Life
10-05-2013, 09:57 PM
^^holy smokes!!

WallyM3
10-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Yo!

(extra characters)

Alvarez Kelly
10-05-2013, 10:03 PM
I once bought a large lot of reloading stuff. In it was a Dillon press I still have. Also in it were some odd dies I didn't recognize and they had no markings except 7mm 08. To be honest, I almost threw them away. As I had to get the wife off my back for buying this stuff, I listed them on eBay. I got over $100 for the two dies. Turns out they were some custom bench rest dies. Who knew.

Auctions are just fine with me.

bangerjim
10-05-2013, 10:06 PM
Ban auctions in this forum.......except for the site and to benefit members!

FOR SALE only.

If you miss an item because you are not on here very often......"ya snooze, ya loose!"

bangerjim

Love Life
10-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Ban auctions in this forum.......except for the site and to benefit members!

FOR SALE only.

If you miss an item because you are not on here very often......"ya snooze, ya loose!"

bangerjim

Ban members who have joined since the gun control dust up and have advocated banning something.

TXGunNut
10-05-2013, 10:34 PM
I don't have a problem with auctions, it's the purest form of capitalism. The seller gets the best possible price and the buyer gets an item he wants at a price he is willing to pay. We have all gotten a little silly at auctions but we have only ourselves to blame. If we don't pay attention and miss something we want, again, we have only ourselves to blame.

Love Life
10-05-2013, 10:38 PM
I've paid through the nose at an auction before to win an item, but it was personal...

MTtimberline
10-05-2013, 10:56 PM
Auctions can be great. The only deal to be had is if you know the item and it's worth when nobody else does. The key is to have a set price and being able to walk away. When you get past that point...it's personal. Been there and done that. Paid a heavy price and would probably do it again.

Love Life
10-05-2013, 11:05 PM
^^Heck yeah!!!

D Crockett
10-05-2013, 11:13 PM
I have done a few auctions for the site and raised a good chunk of cash for the site. I have a add in S&S and to tell the truth the only reason I have it there is more for a safety reason than to make money. and the product I think is priced real low but that is the way I want it. I would rather see my casting brothers be safe than make the money. and as far as auctions go it does not matter to me one way or another D Crockett

TXGunNut
10-05-2013, 11:14 PM
I've paid through the nose at an auction before to win an item, but it was personal...

Me too, and that gun will be sold at my estate auction.

Love Life
10-05-2013, 11:27 PM
Sometimes you just have to bludgeon somebody with your wallet.

starmac
10-06-2013, 12:08 AM
I have been guilty of running the bid up way past what it is worth, then dropping it when it is someone I am getting even with. lol Ofcourse this has backfired a few times. lol

27judge
10-06-2013, 01:09 AM
To each his own. I buy I do not bid . I sell I do not auction. To each his own tks ken

Recluse
10-06-2013, 01:11 AM
Can't remember the last time I even clicked on the Selling & Swapping forum except to post a few signed and numbered books for sale as a benefit to a couple of fellow members--and that is completely separate from the regular S&S.

I quit visiting the forum when I noticed the proliferation of "seller-only" members appearing, making just enough posts, of questionable value, to qualify for peddling their estate sale finds in our forum.

However, I am tentatively planning an auction on the benefits section with the proceeds going to Ken.

:coffee:

starmac
10-06-2013, 01:14 AM
Can't remember the last time I even clicked on the Selling & Swapping forum except to post a few signed and numbered books for sale as a benefit to a couple of fellow members--and that is completely separate from the regular S&S.

I quit visiting the forum when I noticed the proliferation of "seller-only" members appearing, making just enough posts, of questionable value, to qualify for peddling their estate sale finds in our forum.

However, I am tentatively planning an auction on the benefits section with the proceeds going to Ken.

Glad to see your still kicking, I think the last post of yours (I personally saw) was when you were in the hospital.

Recluse
10-06-2013, 01:24 AM
Glad to see your still kicking, I think the last post of yours (I personally saw) was when you were in the hospital.

Getting ready to go back in Wednesday morning--more tests. They can't figure out why I'm having this severe, sometimes debilitating, pain just under my rib cage after just a few hours of normal exertion. They've checked the function of the gall bladder and liver and something else, and all is well.

Now they're going to look for cancer. Oh boy. :sad:

All I know is I'm getting tired of the medical world.

KYShooter73
10-06-2013, 04:48 AM
I think silent auctions would be pretty cool. Never been a seller on here yet though. Put your item up for sale, set a end date and time. Bids by pm only, one bid per user. No one minute left bid snipers. Nobody knows the top bid, so whoever wants it most gets it.

Beagle333
10-06-2013, 08:49 AM
I like silent auctions, if they're short. The hesitation for me is that if I bid on one, I don't like to be unable to bid on (or grab a new deal) on the same item for 2 weeks (if that's how long it is) while not knowing if I am still winning the first item.:veryconfu

rockrat
10-07-2013, 12:01 PM
Think we need a seperate S&S section for auctions

Recluse, hope they find out what is causing your pain, and that it is an easy cure!!

montana_charlie
10-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Ban members who have joined since the gun control dust up and have advocated banning something.
I'm with you.
Calls like his remind me of city people who move to the country, then impose 'their way' so that their new home becomes as rotten as their old home.

gsdelong
10-07-2013, 06:31 PM
:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost: :goodpost::goodpost:
As somebody that has that city folk moving to the country problem almost daily, I could not agree more.

WallyM3
10-07-2013, 06:43 PM
Ugh! Don't get me started!

felix
10-07-2013, 06:59 PM
I agree totally with silent bids. No prices stated anywhere. The buyer PMs his bid at his MAXIMUM price for the object(s) listed in the deal. I delivered a complete Dillon 550B with a multitude of dies and plates with a bid of more than twice the next highest bid. In other words, what you don't know won't hurt you! ... felix

I also sold my wife's dad's house the same way via a lawyer friend. Bids only. Price sold for 20 percent more than the price suggested by a real estate agent!!!! ... felix

500MAG
10-07-2013, 07:03 PM
I agree totally with silent bids. No prices stated anywhere. The buyer PMs his bid at his MAXIMUM price for the object(s) listed in the deal. I delivered a complete Dillon 550B with a multitude of dies and plates with a bid of more than twice the next highest bid. In other words, what you don't know won't hurt you! ... felix
This also allows the seller to counter a bid if it isn't quite enough.

montana_charlie
10-07-2013, 07:19 PM
This also allows the seller to counter a bid if it isn't quite enough.
If a seller held a silent auction without mentioning any 'value', and he "countered a bid" (whatever that means) because it wasn't quite enough ... not enough to meet the 'value' which was never mentioned ... exactly how would that work?

CM

Love Life
10-07-2013, 07:20 PM
If a seller held a silent auction without mentioning any 'value', and he "countered a bid" (whatever that means) because it wasn't quite enough ... not enough to meet the 'value' which was never mentioned ... exactly how would that work?

CM

Magic.

dragon813gt
10-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Think we need a seperate S&S section for auctions

I like this idea. This is the only forum I've ever been on that allows auctions. And the amount of money spent here is pennies compared to the other forums. Those sites knew what would happen if they allowed them so they never did. Their membership is also huge.

And to help the site, charge a fee to sell in the auction forum. You have to pay the fee anywhere else so why not have some money go to help the site keep running.

starmac
10-07-2013, 07:29 PM
This forum is different in several ways, than any of the HUGE forums that I have visited, That is the reason I joined this one. I doubt swapping and selling affects the member count here.

500MAG
10-07-2013, 07:47 PM

CM
Well, I had a guy recently asking people to PM him offers. I PM'd my offer and he countered. I guess your right, that's not actually a silent auction.

Love Life
10-07-2013, 08:58 PM
I like this idea. This is the only forum I've ever been on that allows auctions. And the amount of money spent here is pennies compared to the other forums. Those sites knew what would happen if they allowed them so they never did. Their membership is also huge.

And to help the site, charge a fee to sell in the auction forum. You have to pay the fee anywhere else so why not have some money go to help the site keep running.

Why would you want to make this forum suck like the other forums do? Next thing you know we'll be swearing at each other, posting nudie pics, and talking about the best 'rig' to wear when going to the mall.

Don't try to fix what isn't broken. If you don't like auctions then don't open the threads. Geez. Lets all be adults and allow all the other adults to make their own decisions without trying to change things. All this thread needs now is a "for the children" post and it'll be perfect. Oh, and a hitler reference.

Maybe everybody should pay to be able to sell. There. That's a good one!

Alvarez Kelly
10-07-2013, 09:12 PM
What ^^^ he said.

montana_charlie
10-07-2013, 10:14 PM
How about you have to pay a fee in order to log into the For Sale forum to buy stuff?
It would be no different that the entry fee you pay to get into the gunshow so you can look around and buy whatever you find.

At the gunshow your hand stamp is good for all three days (around here). So, you pay two bucks to get access to the For Sale forum for a seven day period. If nothing interesting pops up, that's like a gun show where you didn't find what you were hoping for.

I mean ... if we are going to suggest dumb ideas, why not get really dumb?

CM

dragon813gt
10-07-2013, 10:26 PM
Why would you want to make this forum suck like the other forums do? Next thing you know we'll be swearing at each other, posting nudie pics, and talking about the best 'rig' to wear when going to the mall.

Maybe you should realize I'm not in anyway referring to other firearm sites. People here have such thin skin when it comes to ideas that differ from their own. This is readily apparent in a few recent threads including this one.

It's been stated before that auctions are here to stay. And as you can see there are people that both like and dislike them. Personally I don't open any auction thread. But there has been a lot of them recently. I see nothing wrong w/ suggesting you charge a fee to run one. That's what sites like eBay and GunBroker do. And this is a commercial site from my understanding.

If you don't like my idea, fine. But I really don't know what's up w/ how people have been responding to ideas that differ from their own. This place really isn't as friendly as it presents itself.

Love Life
10-07-2013, 10:34 PM
The ideas are not good ones. If we praised them, they would never stop coming. If we point out that they are bad ideas, then they will stop coming.

The site is fine. Everything is fine. No need to push for banning this charging for that, secret masonic codes for this, etc.

I do not say this to avoid having to pay to sell. I already paid to sell. Did you? Did the others wanting to change things? From the posters status on here the overwhelming answer is no.

The reason I am so adamant against the idea is because it is a poor idea to get rid of auctions, charge for them, create a new forum for them, etc.

Even if I thought it was a good idea, it is really up to ken.

Maybe we should be like the hide and charge all new members with less than 100 relevant posts $20.00 to be able to sell their goods before reaching the post minimum. We can also ban them for posting too many times in one day to increase their post count.

Maybe we should be like GBO where we have to tread lightly for fear of being banned for life for asking a question or proving a mod wrong.

Maybe we should be like THR where we can post all the wrong info we want without repercussion.

Maybe we should be like AR15 and we can talk about the best way to secure malls and food courts.

Maybe....NO!!!

We are Cast Boolits. Nothing more, nothing less. This site is dang near the same as it was when I first got here and it is still fantastic as is.

Only since the beginning of the year have the calls to change this, ban that, fix this, blah, blah, blah come out. It is getting old.

dragon813gt
10-07-2013, 10:41 PM
You don't speak for everyone. So just because you think it's a bad idea doesn't make it so. It also doesn't matter what either one of us thinks because we don't run the site. I don't think that they will ever charge to sell here. But there is also nothing wrong with suggesting it. Same with a separate forum. That would be quick and easy to do. But like I said. It's not my site so it doesn't matter what I think.

Love Life
10-07-2013, 10:46 PM
That would be quick and easy to do. But like I said. It's not my site so it doesn't matter what I think.

Correct, thank you, and now I'm off to read about the new cast bullet cartridge.

MT Gianni
10-07-2013, 11:04 PM
The owner of the site is happy with fixed price and auction sales. I am not happy to see some folks live in the sales area and buy things I think are for resale. He has only one rule, Things for sale here are only for sale here. The exception would be a vender sponser selling lots of brass, with x# for sale here and another or similar quantity listed elsewhere provided he has 2x quantity. Points have been made and the thread is going nowhere which is where it belongs. As of now there is no need to close it but rehashing old points will force it closed.

starmac
10-07-2013, 11:10 PM
Lovelife, where are you reading about this new cartridge?

freebullet
10-07-2013, 11:19 PM
I'd rather check out swapin & sellin than this thread, but inquiring minds want too know,-What new cartridge?

fishhawk
10-08-2013, 07:31 AM
Don't know if you folks have noticed this or not but I am ignoring this thread. steve k S&S moderator (the one that runs the s&s area)

500MAG
10-08-2013, 07:58 AM
Don't know if you folks have noticed this or not but I am ignoring this thread. steve k S&S moderator (the one that runs the s&s area)

Hawk,
I wish you would just close the thread. I'm sorry I had an opinion at all. I forgot that in this great nation we are not allowed to have opinions. Wasn't trying to change this great forum that I have grown to love.
Thanks,
Charles

fishhawk
10-08-2013, 09:18 AM
You have your opinion as do others. Just because there is a opinion expressed does not mean that others can't also express there opinion of your opinion as long as it stays "civil" I see no reason to shut down the opinions expressed. steve k S&S moderator

BossHoss
10-13-2013, 04:48 AM
I love this site, and this is the first thing I wanted to say. Again, I LOVE this site.

Casting bullets for my guns is but a small part of my love for the tools that made our country what it is.

I have never found a resource community nicer, or more helpful in any thing I do. Period.

This goes for all the Technical forums I am on, as I no longer participate in Religuos or political discussions of any type...with people I wish to remain friends with.

The Swap and Sell forum is awesome, but it does come with CAVEATS. So far, with the great open and honest way it is done, it proves this community can self-police. I have noticed ,since I started selling a bit on the Swap and Sell , there are many "old users" with very few posts that buy and sell. For the most part , they are lurkers who have also learned from this site, and just not posted a lot.

I think the Mods are right, as long as Ken is OK with the way it is....leave it alone. Use discretionary enforcement of abuse rules...and it will stay in check.

I became a Team Boolits Sponsor because:

I am grateful for the knowledge base.
I want to show I am above board.
I want to give back to the Ken , so he can afford to keep updating this site and servers ( I understand what it takes to do this, I am a technical professional.
And most of all,
I want to stand with those that support this site , knowledge base, and community.

We need to discuss this, yes, and that is the way to maintain the status quo, and keep it in check.

This will NEVER be Gunbroker, because it is a community FIRST, with a swap and sell forum for vetted members.

Just my 2 Cents.

Thank you Ken, my hobby was made better because of this site.

WilliamDahl
10-13-2013, 05:16 AM
I've seen people put up an item for what was probably an unreasonable price (i.e. no takers even after the person had bumped it to the top each day for a couple of weeks). An auction tells the person what his item is really worth to his potential buyers.