PDA

View Full Version : It lives..

Silverboolit
10-04-2013, 04:08 PM
:grin: The R1 is up and running again. The new spring and seals are working just fine, Must have a lot more velocity as it takes quite a bit to cock the barrel.83457

W.R.Buchanan
10-04-2013, 07:47 PM
My HW35 really likes H&N Match Wadcutter Pellets. I bet your R1 would too.

The R1 and the HW35 are directly related in that the limitations of the HW35 were the stroke of the piston. For the R1 they lengthened the stroke for extra power, and they got it. Most .177 cal HW35's are done around 700 fps, your R1 is probably more like 900+

Mine will shoot the Beeman Silver Streak pointed things OK, but the accuracy is really there with the H&N Match pellets.

I have never had anything fly away after being hit with one and that accounts for literally hundreds of Mocking birds, which were my arch nemesis at our old house in town. Where we live now we have Blue Jays which attack and kill any Mocking Bird that invades their territory! I love them, and we feed them. My shooting has suffered without as many annoying targets of opportunity.

Randy

Silverboolit
10-04-2013, 08:50 PM
The amazing thing is that the HP_'s make a nice mushroom. It does shoot the match pellets better, but I cannot find any here at the time. I think that the accuracy will improve with time. I dropped the scope today, and I think that it may be messed up a little. Maybe time for a new one.

I tired the Gamo wadcutters in the Crosman .22 and they are pretty accurate. Much better than the Crosman Premiers.

W.R.Buchanan
10-05-2013, 06:16 PM
Try Pyramid Air. I ordered a bunch of pellets last week and am waiting for 500 count .22 H&N wadcutter pellets to come in. They were $13.95 for 500 as opposed to $9.95 for 200 of the actual Beeman/H&N Match pellets. Well see if there is any discernible difference. They look exactly alike, but we'll see.

I also got some of the H&N 22gr round nosed heavy Hunting Pellets. That is pushing into the .22 short sized projectiles. I also got HP pellets for the .22 as well.

I have a zillion .177's so I didn't get any of those.

At Pyramid, if you buy 4 tins of pellets the 4th one is free so it kind of offsets the shipping cost.

Very seldom have I seen really good quality pellets at a retail outlet, so mail order is pretty much the way to go about it.

Randy