PDA

View Full Version : Medford, OR. Rifle and Pistol Club Members?

Bulltipper
10-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Hi all, anyone here a member of the Medford, Oregon Rifle and Pistol Club? If so, what do you think of them? I recently moved to town from the countryside surrounding and I am looking for a nice place to shoot with good people...

GL49
10-04-2013, 01:14 PM
I'm not a member, but know a couple of people who are. They say it's a great place, usually not crowded, shoot all you want for a yearly membership fee. One of them is a member of this site, he was last here on 10-1. I'll see if I can get him to post some info on this thread.

Bulltipper
10-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Thank you GL49.

optimator
10-05-2013, 01:07 AM
I'm the guy GL49 was talking about (hey buddy, get that .40 mold yet???). I like shooting there. All membership gets you though is the indoor pistol range. Most people I meet are under the impression that the shotgun range next door and the rifle range at the sports park are included. Their not. Sure, there are some know it all, the gun world couldn't operate without them types, but 99% of the members are pretty good guys. The range is open 24/7, which is great. When my wife worked graveyard, I'd go shooting at midnight. Some days I'll go at 5 am before work, it's better than coffee! They have weekly Bullseye and IDPA shoots, intro to pistol classes, etc... It used to be $50 a year with a $1 range fee each visit. Now it's a flat $75 a year with no range fees. That is only $6.25 a month. I think it's worth that just for a heated, dry place to shoot in the winter. Members can bring a guest for $2. And it's nice to just grab a broom and sweep up your brass! And membership fees are for the whole family (spouse and children under 18). Feel free to PM me. If you'd like I could meet you there and show you around. Hell, bring a gun, eye and hearing protection and try before you buy!

Bad Water Bill
10-05-2013, 04:17 AM
WOW

How can you refuse an offer like that?

Report back to us later please.

Bulltipper
10-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Sounds good Optimator, I will get back with you after hunting season winds up and we'll go shoot a few pistol rounds. Thanks for the info!
Bulltipper

GL49
10-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Geez. I work with the guy and I've never been invited. :kidding:

(If he sees this, I'm gonna catch **** at work on Monday. Maybe I'll have to make my own coffee.)

Bulltipper
10-06-2013, 11:33 AM
Haha, Maybe he likes the pic of my dog!

optimator
10-09-2013, 12:43 AM
Geez. I work with the guy and I've never been invited. :kidding:

(If he sees this, I'm gonna catch **** at work on Monday. Maybe I'll have to make my own coffee.)
Well, I GUESS you can poke along too. But you've got to make the coffee next week.....:bigsmyl2:

optimator
10-09-2013, 12:44 AM
Haha, Maybe he likes the pic of my dog!

I love dogs! Actually, that's the first Boxer I've ever seen that's sitting still!!!!!

sleeper1428
10-13-2013, 03:24 AM
I'll second Optimator's report on the Medford Rifle and Pistol Club. I've been a member for several years and although I don't get over there to shoot as often as I used to, I still enjoy the ability to drop in early in the morning. As I've gotten older - I'm now pushing 76 - and as the pain of my arthritic knees gets worse, I find that I really enjoy having a place to shoot that's equipped with heaters and excellent lighting, especially during the cold days of winter. But as Optimator pointed out, membership in MRPC does NOT give you automatic access to the RVSSA Sports Park ranges in White City but a season pass to those ranges is only $25 (or was the last time I checked) and you'll pay that back if you make over five (5) trips to the ranges which carry a $5/day access fee. Because of my age and inability to move around quickly, I don't compete in any of the organized shooting disciplines but if one is so inclined, there are, as has been pointed out, lots of those available for both rifle and handgun. And you sure can't beat the price, especially with all you get for your money. Early on I tried to stir up some interest in casting boolits but so far I've found very few people who seem to want to explore this aspect of the sport. Maybe if you join up we can get some more members interested in exploring the fascination of the 'silver stream'.

sleeper1428

Bulltipper
10-13-2013, 11:37 AM
Sounds like fun sleeper, I will have lots of time over the winter to engage in some shooting of the cast boolit! Optimator, it was no easy task to get that picture!!

GL49
10-13-2013, 07:53 PM
If I'm not mistaken, a membership in the Oregon Hunters Association will get you free admission to the ranges at the sports park in White City.

Bulltipper
10-13-2013, 08:24 PM
Will have to check that out, thanks!

Bulltipper
10-27-2013, 02:21 PM
OK Guys, I'm ready to go check out the range! PM me with contact info and we can go shoot some peestol boolits!

Bulltipper
11-01-2013, 09:34 PM
Guys?... Guys?...Where did you go?... I'm ready to go shootin' now...

oregonshooter
12-17-2013, 08:39 PM
Guys?... Guys?...Where did you go?... I'm ready to go shootin' now...
Hi Bulltipper,
I'm the current webmaster for MRPC (member on/off for 10 years) and found this thread doing SEO tonight. The club did get a discount on the Sportspark years ago but RVSSA (the ones who run it for the county) changed that several years ago.

Oregon Hunter's Assoc. is $25.00 annually and includes free access at the Sportsman's park or you can get an annual pass at BlackBird for the same price (at least it was 5 years ago) but I joined OHA because it's a better cause than the county coffers for me.

The shotgun range next door is the "Medford Gun Club" and not included in membership either. I made that part of the JOIN/RENEW page as it is a very common misunderstanding.

The club has a very active IDPA/IPSC/Speed Steel group as well as many other disciplines listed on the website www.mrpc.info and I'm starting "Practical Rifle" next month to add to the fun, using the 600yard Camp White Range.

Hope you get a chance to come shoot. The indoor range is nothing fancy, (big empty room) but I'd have it no other way. You can practice a lot more stuff in there than if it had "lanes" and target retrievers. I hope it never goes that route.

There has been some updates in the past year like new backplate steel, lighting, security cameras and a new door FOB system starting next month.

Most times you will be the only shooter in the place for over an hour if you are not shooting at peak times like after work.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at webmaster AT mrpc DOT info as I don't hang out here anymore since I learned how to make boolits. :)

GL49
12-17-2013, 09:10 PM
I'll talk to Optimator at work tomorrow, maybe he'll let me go along too.

dale2242
12-18-2013, 07:34 AM
OHA dues have increased to $35 a year.
Money well spent at that....dale