PDA

View Full Version : last of the garden

Ron r
10-01-2013, 08:43 PM
got the last of the garden out tonight ready to plow it up and put turnips in for the winter

bangerjim
10-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Here in AZ we are just getting ready to plant our gardens!!! Everything burns up in the summer. Winter gardens work well down here.

I have relatives back in Iowa and they are cleaning out the gardens for winter.

My garden is Safeway, Fry's, and Albertson's food stores!!!!!

bangerjim

Rick N Bama
10-01-2013, 08:59 PM
I still have Okra, Peppers & Lima Beans going. The Fall Greens & Broccoli went in 2 weeks ago today.

Rick

John Allen
10-01-2013, 09:11 PM
My peppers are still going strong up here in PA but everything else is done.

Ron r
10-01-2013, 09:14 PM
we went from lots of rain to nothing didn't get a good start and then dryed up

Garyshome
10-01-2013, 09:18 PM
Got it goin' on here in NC, lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, Cale, peas, broccoli>>>>>>

JWFilips
10-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Well Up here in NEPA I have had some mild frost already so that slowed my beans down to the point that out they go & into the compost ( can't waste the space) Got some broccoli & brussel sprouts coming on & doing well Just got in the turnips and as much leafy greens as possible ( since our weather now turned unseasonably warm for the past week or so) Trying "Corn Salad greens " this winter They say it will grow in the snow!.... We will see. My dream would be to have fresh greens all winter up here but it hasn't happened yet I wanted to try some Roman Kale but as fast as it grew the little "wood chucks" ate it up ( so I did the same to them ..Well,.just a few)
I have a small garden ...totally organic now for the past 10 years It yields a good amount of food for the spring summer & fall for my wife & I ( & some friends) I try to grow the best vitamin yield & healthy veggies I can in the small garden I have fenced in.
I got lots of woodland critters & trap about 25 Woodchucks per summer in about 4 acres of Suburban land ( not to mention the 10 or so that meet their maker when the wife is not around!) This combined with deer from the local mountain Well It is very hard to have anything growing for the full season