PDA

View Full Version : Latest acquisition from Cabellas

1Shirt
10-01-2013, 04:34 PM
Cabellas is having a sale on Walther P-38's or P-1's if you prefer, for 349.00 w/1 mag, cleaning kit, and boxed. Couldn't resist, even tho I needed a 9MM like an additional hole in the head. I had my pick of a half dozen that went from used hard, to the one I bought that looked like it had never been fired. Came home, and loaded 50 rounds. l didn't have any 9MM blts cast, but had a bunch of 125 gr. lee's rnfp sized .358 and lubed. Ran 50 of them thru a .356 sizer, and loaded them over 5 gr of Blue Dot. The better half and I just got back from the indoor range, and I am well pleased with the purchase. The first 8 rounds cleaned out the ten ring at 10 yards, and was able to stay in the 9-10 rings at 20 yd for about a 3" group. That is better grouping than I am normally capable of, and with off the top of the head untried loads.

The better half has not at all liked the little 380 Ruger LCP that I bought for her for a number of reasons, including the bark of the little gun and the flash. She really liked the new one however, and kept the majority of the 16 rds she shot in the 8-9-10 rings at 20 yds and all in the man sillywet target. Have always liked the looks of any of the Walthers, and in particular the P-38 and the PPK's. Guess I might have to start saving sheckles now and get a PPK to keep the P-38 company.:bigsmyl2:
1Shirt!:razz:

John Allen
10-01-2013, 04:35 PM
I was going to grab one of those myself but thanks to three different members here all my money is gone but at least I have goodies coming.

freebullet
10-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Congrats on a good buy/range trip. I got rid of my lcp. It was just a get off me gun and I didnt like it. Another walther to look out for is the pps9. To replace the lcp I would highly recommend the Sig p238, its everything the lcp isn't.

Hardcast416taylor
10-01-2013, 05:16 PM
Had a P-38 back in the late `70`s that was a WW 2 trophy from a family friend. That thing could really shoot! It was all FMJ ammo we used thru it weighing 115 gr. Hard family times in the `80`s had me selling it. Wish every now and again that I still had it.Robert

1Shirt
10-01-2013, 05:19 PM
I'm not much of a hand gunner, but I agree with you on the LCP being a Git off of Me gun, but it is handy and just fits in my pocket without showing. And surprisingly, I shoot the little thing well. Am not much for autos, prefer revolvers, and the majority in Rugers. Do have an old colt 357 double action however that is my open holster carry gun. Good talking at ya!
1Shirt!

10x
10-06-2013, 07:57 AM
I don't mean to rub it in but Canada Ammo has a 1911 clone (Norinco) on sale with 1000 rounds for $499.00 delivered. This deal is not available in the U.S.A.
The guns were manufactured for export to the U.S. during the time when Mr. Clinton shut the doors to Chinese guns. Thank you Bill Clinton.

BTW: the guns and ammo shoot great....

trooperdan
10-06-2013, 08:41 AM
10X, I just learned that US residents may be able to get a Canadian firearms license.. kinda makes a guy want to have a northern collection that he could go visit once in a while!

10x
10-06-2013, 09:07 AM
10X, I just learned that US residents may be able to get a Canadian firearms license.. kinda makes a guy want to have a northern collection that he could go visit once in a while!

Indeed, I can store them for you if you like...

waksupi
10-06-2013, 12:28 PM

Yes, you can get them. I've been licensed for restricted and non-restricted firearms in Canada for years.