PDA

View Full Version : I need help PLEASE

gcollins
10-31-2007, 06:57 AM
I folks,
I bought this Master Caster Bullet Machine, fired it up for the first time yesterday, ran about 200 bullets, and then I put my cut off back in the pot, while waiting for the cut off to get melted in, I thought I would size and lube those that I had cast, looked over at my pot to see how it was doing and it had quit heating!:confused:
So I took the Temp. cover off, (I call it a thermostat) and the points were all rusted, I cleaned them good, but I did a bad thing!! I broke the thermocouple off, after a hour or so, I got it solder back on, it heats up great, but I don't want to burn it up!I tryed to turn it up and down to see if the stat was working but couldn't tell.
First question, does anyone know how that theromcouple is attached to the pot?
Second question, I live in po dunk no where, where could I go to get a thermoater to read that high?
I need help bad! I don't want to have to send this thing half way across the US to get it fixed, as high as frieght is.
All Advice, Help, ect.
I will Be Great Full For
Thanks Greg

BD
10-31-2007, 07:30 AM
I suppose the first thing would be to go to the Natchez or Midsouth website for a lead thermometer @ $15 +/- IIRC. If you can't wait for mail order, you might check at your local auto parts store for an infrared job which will be more $$. Without a thermometer it's gonna be hard to tell if the thermocouple is working or not.
BD

gcollins
10-31-2007, 07:50 AM
Bd,
Thats what I thought I would do. I think my brother let his pieromater go with his dragster, sorry about the spelling.
Thanks For The Help.
Greg

454PB
10-31-2007, 01:28 PM
Another way to see if the thermostat is cycling is to put a clamp on ammeter on the power leads. If you don't have one, they are available at Radio Shack for as little as $25.

44woody
10-31-2007, 02:35 PM
gcollins the first thing is take the cover off the control housing (square box with the black knob on it ) then before you take it off look on the end of where the black nob was you will see a small screw there that is to adjust your temp. up or down don't rember which way is up or down call magma at 480-987-3301 they will answer that question for you (2) to tale the thermostat off you will have to take to pot cover off then you will have to take the cotton looking stuff off and you will see a wire from the thermostat conected to the pot with to alen screws if you need any more help pm me and I will help you :castmine: 44Woody