PDA

View Full Version : New Hat, found at Gunshow

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-29-2013, 08:58 PM
I got a new Hat

at the annual Gunshow.

It was made out of a used fur coat.

I call him Jasper, He lived a good life.

No sense letting his fur coat go to waste.

He had some Grey...Just like me.

:)

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu127/JonB_in_Glencoe/Cathat2013reduced_zps2164dbdc.jpg (http://s640.photobucket.com/user/JonB_in_Glencoe/media/Cathat2013reduced_zps2164dbdc.jpg.html)

nagantguy
09-29-2013, 09:19 PM
Great hat, looks warm and stylish enough for a night on the town!!! What did something like that set you back?

alrighty
09-29-2013, 09:30 PM
I like it , very stylish but it does have an uncanny resemblance to my neighbors cat.Come to think of it I haven't seen it or it's tracks on my truck in a couple of months.If you decide to sell let me know please.Wearing that outside while my neighbor drives by would be simply priceless!

bandit7.5
09-29-2013, 09:41 PM
This stupid kindlefire wont support your pic . Sorry I missed it

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-29-2013, 09:45 PM
The fur trader at the show had lots of furs and fur items, including about 8 of these domestic catfur hats, each one was different colors. He wore an orange tabby most of the day. He charges $95 each.

Alrighty, this one looked best on me with my grey beard, so it's not for sale. Plus my two house cats have already adjusted to Jasper, they might be bummed out if he left...but I suppose I could rent him out if you have a planned get together/party with your neighbor :razz:

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-29-2013, 09:46 PM
bandit, try this

http://s640.photobucket.com/user/JonB_in_Glencoe/media/Cathat2013reduced_zps2164dbdc.jpg.html?sort=6&o=0

starmac
09-29-2013, 09:48 PM
That has to be the best cat I have ever seen. lol I would say jasper looks real happy it it's new life. lol

fryboy
09-29-2013, 10:02 PM
lolz !!!!thaz good fer a grin lolz umm i think your's says the same thing ? and i cant help but wonder just exactly what our cats thought of it ( oh no !! that could be me next [gasp] ! :P )

rondog
09-29-2013, 10:09 PM
Be sure to wear that when PETA comes to town!

shooterg
09-29-2013, 10:10 PM
Finally. A use for cats.

AKtinman
09-30-2013, 12:49 AM
That looks great on you, Jon! I think that little boy looking at it when it was on your table was a little bit confused. He and his dad didn’t stick around long ;)

I saw the guy in the orange tabby hat but it really didn’t register in my mind what he was wearing. I was too busy plotting on buying the pre-war Heavy Duty on a near-by table.

Great to visit with you!

Swamp Man
09-30-2013, 01:54 AM
LMAO!! best use for a cat I ever seen. Man I hate those critters.

JeffinNZ
09-30-2013, 03:55 AM
I dare you to wear it into Starbucks.

ElDorado
09-30-2013, 05:02 AM
Was that guy also selling sausages, by any chance?

bruce drake
09-30-2013, 08:26 AM
The seller was probably set up by the Beef on a Stick vendor...

Trey45
09-30-2013, 08:36 AM
Dr Seuss is going to have to rewrite his Cat in the hat book to "The cat IS a hat!"

1Shirt
09-30-2013, 08:54 AM
Great use for feral cats as they tend to be pretty good sized!
1Shirt!

bosterr
09-30-2013, 08:56 AM
hisssssssss!

Blacksmith
09-30-2013, 09:40 AM
Now you need this bumper sticker:
http://www.amazon.com/CAT-The-Other-White-Meat/dp/B007HD4XBU

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-30-2013, 10:06 AM
That looks great on you, Jon! I think that little boy looking at it when it was on your table was a little bit confused. He and his dad didn’t stick around long ;)

I saw the guy in the orange tabby hat but it really didn’t register in my mind what he was wearing. I was too busy plotting on buying the pre-war Heavy Duty on a near-by table.

Great to visit with you!

Thanks...and it was great to see you again. And thanks again for the MP mold. The Fur guy didn't really 'prominently' display the Cat Hats. I missed it the first day. It was My Daughter that pointed it out that she seen 'the fur guy' wearing a orange tabby. When I went to his table on the second day, I had to look hard to see one displayed next to the Bobcat furs, he wasn't wearing the orange tabby at that time. When I asked, he grabbed a closed box and opened it... 6 to 8 of 'em in there, and he suggested the grey one to match my greyish beard.

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-30-2013, 10:29 AM
I should clarify, to my cat disliking CB brothers and sisters (I respect your right to dislike an animal if you wish). But, I do love cats, I have two that live in my house, this hat is by no means a statement of hate, it's a statement of respect. Everything I said in the OP is honest and true...not in jest. I do detest feral cats, and more specifically those people who create feral cats by their stupid and disrespectful actions.

starmac
09-30-2013, 11:55 AM
LOL somebody has to like them, or they would all be feral cats. Or hats I guess. lol
I bought a fake skunkskin cap one time, looked like a Daniel Boone coonskin except black and white. It had a hidden button to turn it on and it would shake the tail and sounded like a major cat fight going on, this thing literally drove dogs crazy. One friends yorky even tore my shirt pockets off trying to get that hat. lol

Swamp Man
09-30-2013, 02:46 PM
I should clarify, to my cat disliking CB brothers and sisters (I respect your right to dislike an animal if you wish). But, I do love cats, I have two that live in my house, this hat is by no means a statement of hate, it's a statement of respect. Everything I said in the OP is honest and true...not in jest. I do detest feral cats, and more specifically those people who create feral cats by their stupid and disrespectful actions.
That's why I dislike cats people turn them loose. Now we have feral cats in high numbers in some places here and they kill lots of our small game off. The state of Fl don't want us to shoot them they want us to trap them and take them to animal control. That's a joke trap a cat drive it 20-25 miles then fill out paper work on each and every cats trapped so they can kill it later. Why not let the hunters cut through the BS and red tape and just get the job done then and there?

starmac
09-30-2013, 03:23 PM
Three s rule, it works.

dbosman
09-30-2013, 03:49 PM
Be sure to wear that when PETA comes to town!

That hat, a toothpick, and a belly patting sigh.

dbosman
09-30-2013, 03:52 PM
We used to raise quail. "Feral" cats kept pestering them.
After we shot and hung five on the fence near the pens, the cats stayed away.

John Allen
09-30-2013, 04:11 PM
This just made my day.

Baja_Traveler
09-30-2013, 04:25 PM
You didn't happen to pick up his business card did you?

I've been looking long and hard for a fox hat just like that - feet dangling down and all...

alrighty
09-30-2013, 04:44 PM
The fur trader at the show had lots of furs and fur items, including about 8 of these domestic catfur hats, each one was different colors. He wore an orange tabby most of the day. He charges $95 each.

Alrighty, this one looked best on me with my grey beard, so it's not for sale. Plus my two house cats have already adjusted to Jasper, they might be bummed out if he left...but I suppose I could rent him out if you have a planned get together/party with your neighbor :razz:
Thanks for the offer Jon but I would hate for it to get lost in the mail.There is one thing you could do , please send me the name of the trapper/fur trader.This morning I seen the neighbors %@# cat back on the hood of my truck and I may need his services!:kidding:
I have to admit that I kinda missed his old cat and my truck is usually dirty anyway.I never complain to the neighbor about his cats since the neighbor doesn't complain about my dogs when they tree them like squirrels.I guess that is what being neighborly is all about.

ElDorado
09-30-2013, 05:41 PM
Three s rule, it works.
Shoot
Skin
Set on head

starmac
09-30-2013, 05:47 PM
Not what I had in mind, but that works too. lol

jaysouth
09-30-2013, 06:59 PM
Here is my "picture" that is on my facebook account:

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l222/jwsoutherland/mynewcat-1.jpg (http://s97.photobucket.com/user/jwsoutherland/media/mynewcat-1.jpg.html)

If anyone wants to copy it for their own use, it's OK by me.

500MAG
09-30-2013, 07:04 PM
Wear it into a pet store or humane society and walk up to an employee and tell them your interested in adopting a cat. Tape it and you will have a YouTube mega hit.

Swamp Man
09-30-2013, 08:00 PM
Wear it into a pet store or humane society and walk up to an employee and tell them your interested in adopting a cat. Tape it and you will have a YouTube mega hit.

That would be a youtube mega hit in hours.

Swamp Man
09-30-2013, 08:01 PM
Here is my "picture" that is on my facebook account:

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l222/jwsoutherland/mynewcat-1.jpg (http://s97.photobucket.com/user/jwsoutherland/media/mynewcat-1.jpg.html)

If anyone wants to copy it for their own use, it's OK by me.

Thanks. I saved it in my photo files.

bikerbeans
09-30-2013, 09:00 PM
Shoot

Stew

Serve

Shoot
Skin
Set on head

GL49
10-01-2013, 12:51 AM
Szechuan

Shanghai

Steak

No wonder cats are scarce around the local chinese diner. :kidding:

JonB_in_Glencoe
10-01-2013, 01:23 AM
You didn't happen to pick up his business card did you?

I've been looking long and hard for a fox hat just like that - feet dangling down and all...

Thanks for the offer Jon but I would hate for it to get lost in the mail.There is one thing you could do , please send me the name of the trapper/fur trader.This morning I seen the neighbors %@# cat back on the hood of my truck and I may need his services!:kidding:
I have to admit that I kinda missed his old cat and my truck is usually dirty anyway.I never complain to the neighbor about his cats since the neighbor doesn't complain about my dogs when they tree them like squirrels.I guess that is what being neighborly is all about.

No, I didn't get any contact info...Sorry.

charlie3tuna
10-01-2013, 03:30 AM
I want to thank each and every poster. Been feeling a little low, but not now! Haven't laughed this hard in weeks....charlie

jaysouth
10-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Just tell your local Chinese restaurant to save the skins for you.

Kung Pau Kitty with fried rice!

gwpercle
10-01-2013, 12:54 PM
This is just unblievable....that people would pay $95.00 for a cat skin cap. Although the reactions down at the adoption center would be worth it. Weird and Wacky people around here for sure.
This is why I enjoy this site...not a bit of political correctness.
Gary

GL49
10-04-2013, 01:47 PM
This is just unblievable....that people would pay $95.00 for a cat skin cap. Although the reactions down at the adoption center would be worth it. Weird and Wacky people around here for sure.
This is why I enjoy this site...not a bit of political correctness.
Gary

Politically Correct = PC= Partly Crazy

Maybe a little of the latter around here, but in a good way. Not much of the former.

William Yanda
10-05-2013, 07:22 PM
Politically Correct = PC= Partly Crazy

Maybe a little of the latter around here, but in a good way. Not much of the former.

My wife wanted me to take her to the annual Fall Foliage Festival one town over. While there, the country band was singing ;
"I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane".

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-28-2013, 05:17 PM
we're about to get some coooold weather here in MN for the New years week.
Happy New Year everyone. I'll be wearing this hat, no doubt.

I got a new Hat, I call him Jasper
http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu127/JonB_in_Glencoe/Cathat2013reduced_zps2164dbdc.jpg (http://s640.photobucket.com/user/JonB_in_Glencoe/media/Cathat2013reduced_zps2164dbdc.jpg.html)

WILCO
12-28-2013, 05:52 PM
Happy New Year to you Jon! That hat is a classic!

swheeler
12-28-2013, 06:18 PM
Nice hat! It looks to me that you have one thing on you mind:):):)

jonp
12-28-2013, 08:31 PM
Bwahahaha. I soo want one. My sweetie looked at the picture and said "oh my.."

xs11jack
12-28-2013, 09:04 PM
Finally, the ultimate low maintenance cat!!!
Ole Jack

Goatwhiskers
12-28-2013, 09:55 PM
That reminds me: my dad told me that back in the late 30's there was an article in the Baton Rouge paper about a tamale joint that had been closed down. Seems the health people found "too many" cat heads in the garbage. GW

bhn22
12-28-2013, 10:46 PM
I know a couple of guys who would be in the bathroom right now, seriously throwing up at the sight of your hat. I also know guys who would wear one every day, so it balances out.

richhodg66
12-28-2013, 11:34 PM
My wife and I love cats and have had several over the years. We only have one now but he is quite a character and is our baby, spoiled absolutely rotten.

That said, I threaten to cook him a few times a day, it's our little game I guess. I'd love to see his reaction if I wore one of those home someday.

Taylor
12-29-2013, 10:23 AM
Finally. A use for cats.

especially if they're lazy and don't catch rats!

Col4570
01-03-2014, 07:30 AM
Its fair to say "do it to my Cat and you get the same".The whole Cat family are magnificent creatures.

JonB_in_Glencoe
01-04-2014, 12:26 PM
Its fair to say "do it to my Cat and you get the same".The whole Cat family are magnificent creatures.
Did you read the OP ?
This Magnificent feline animal (not human) lived a good life,
it seems a shame to bury his nice fur coat with him after he passed away.

Jasper Lives on ...

rondog
01-04-2014, 01:55 PM
A friend of mine used to have a cat he named Taco. He named it that so it would always be aware of how it could end up if it didn't behave!

clintsfolly
01-04-2014, 02:27 PM
We had a cat named Ghost because I told him "you screw up and you don't have a ghost of a chance of making it!! as I held the 1911!! Clint