PDA

View Full Version : Priorities

starmac
09-29-2013, 12:52 AM
I never lock my pickups or worry about what is in them, hardly even take the keys out, but while ago I bought 4 bricks of 22 ammo.
When I got home I thought I shouldn't leave all that in the seat, so I went back and got it. When I did I noticed I had a couple days ago put a snap on ratchet, set of sockets and a wrench set in the seat for a forklift I went and worked on. These are easily worth 5 times what the ammo was, but I wasn't worried about them disappearing. lol

Swamp Man
09-29-2013, 01:00 AM
Kind of woke you up a bit there didn't it? LOL

starmac
09-29-2013, 01:05 AM
Nah I just thought it was funny. lol

Swamp Man
09-29-2013, 01:24 AM
I use to do the same kind of thing many years ago when I ran a landscape Co. I'd come home and make sure to take the $200-$300 dollars of cash out of the truck I made that day on the cash jobs. Then leave $15,000 dollars worth of power tools in the truck and trailer.

mroliver77
09-29-2013, 04:54 AM
A friend I used to work for always had a grocery bag with dirty underwear in his truck cab. One day he pulled a wad of cash and a 9mm out of it to make payroll. He said he had never been ripped off that way!
J

41 mag fan
09-29-2013, 08:47 AM
Crazy when you think of ammo being like gold or an untraceable $50 bill just laying around..

km101
09-29-2013, 12:20 PM
Yeah, but you could replace the ratchets and sockets!

starmac
09-29-2013, 01:09 PM
Yeah, but you could replace the ratchets and sockets!

I really think, that was my thinking behind it, which is goofy. I need the tools, I only wanted the ammo. lol

lancem
09-29-2013, 02:06 PM
Since I moved to where I am now we haven't locked the house, never take the keys out of the vehicles, and a long list of other things that I never would have done in the past. The hard part is when we drive 6-8 hours and go to the city and have to go back to the old ways of being concerned that someone will think they need our possessions more than we do...

starmac
09-29-2013, 02:20 PM
I keep a variety of ammo in every pickup, just so I don't forget it when I leave the house. lol I usually have some sort of firearm in them too.
The other day I needed to move a friends jeep and couldn't find the keys, so I called him and he told me they were in his pickup where he works, he is sometimes on the slope for months at a time.
I went to get them, his pickup is unlocked with the keys in it in case they need to move it. In the door pocket (where the keys were, was also a 9 ml. lol I bet he will call when he comes in and ask if I know what happened to it. lol

TXGunNut
09-29-2013, 04:46 PM
A few months back I was surveying my ammo shelves and seriously considered moving the .22's and a few other items into a safe. My pickup stays at home for days, even weeks at a time. Quite often I forget to lock it and I'm generally quite relieved my old shotgun is still behind the seat. Guess I lived in the city too long. ;-)

starmac
09-29-2013, 04:54 PM
LOL I live in the city now, at least what stands for a city in Alaska. lol

Back when I lived in LaPorte (suburb of houston) I never took the keys out of an old dodge pu I drove back and forth to work, we were leaving for a couple of weeks, so I thought I should remove the keys. They were corroded in the ignition and I couldn't even get it out with pliers without the risk of breaking it. lol
I just figured is someone stole it, it was their own fault. lol

MT Gianni
09-29-2013, 10:26 PM
A friend I used to work for always had a grocery bag with dirty underwear in his truck cab. One day he pulled a wad of cash and a 9mm out of it to make payroll. He said he had never been ripped off that way!
J

A friend claimed if you put your wallet under a pair of feces stained shorts your women will never go through it.

Bulldogger
09-30-2013, 08:59 AM
A friend claimed if you put your wallet under a pair of feces stained shorts your women will never go through it.

Exactly!
BEfore I had kids I kept a 9mm jammed into a brass plumbing loop screwed to the back of my nightstand. To camoflauge the pistol, I wrapped it in an old jockstrap. NO ONE, even prolonged overnight guests, NO ONE ever realized what was under the jock or asked about it.

There's alot to be said for hiding things in plain sight. Best way. The harder you try to hide something, the harder criminals will dig. Hide it in plain sight, and it's fine. That's worked for me.

Bulldogger

1Shirt
10-04-2013, 10:02 AM
Priorities change drastically with age, experiances, and circumstances!
1Shirt!

unclogum bill
10-04-2013, 12:28 PM
My buddy had a car break in in Portland . He did this. Bought a Steering wheel lock (Club) at Good will , it has no key. Think about it he said. If they see it and still want, it its gone anyway. Other thing is he purchased a miniature Led light (12 volt) and micro switch at Radio shack. Came off the battery with a fuse and then ran into dash. It draws next to nothing and when he leaves he flips switch. Looks just like the warning light fancy alarms have. I think hes on to something and thief of his is now less appealing.

TXGunNut
10-05-2013, 12:24 AM
Plain sight, indeed. I have a pistol grip shotgun in open sight in my kitchen and no guest has seen it yet. There's a NAA revolver in a utensil drawer that no one ever sees as well. When I'm entertaining I generally have a few "eye candy" guns out so no one seems to notice the "working" guns.