PDA

View Full Version : Done!!!

Gussy
10-30-2007, 01:52 PM
After 3 years, the house is done. That's about 1 year of near full time and 2 years of almost all "spare time", as in when something else isn't broke. 2nd time I've built a house alone. Never again. Besides being to damned old, it's to much work.

I can't say as I could recommend building a house alone but it does simplify who's to blame if anything isn't right. I did have help pouring the concrete and putting the roof on but after that it was do it your self time. The hardest part was the 12' X 5/8" dry wall. Damned near strained my milk on those big sheets. Everything else was just put in the time. Only got nailed once by the electrical inspecter for not having the right arc interupter circuits placed correctly.

Photo was taken this morning. This is my retirement "cabin in the woods" as my wife calls it. At least she's happy with it and we all know what that's worth.
Gus

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd47/jimc99328/newhousea.jpg

armoredman
10-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Very nice! I wish I had your skills and determination!

Boz330
10-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Beautiful Gus.
Built one, although I outsourced some of the stuff I didn't like or wasn't equipped to do. I'd rather take an ass wuppin than paint or drywall. Took a year and a half of my spare time. I wouldn't mind building a cabin in the woods, but your cabin and my idea of a cabin are light years apart. I was sure proud of my house when I finished it but don't want to do it again. Sure can try a marriage while it is being done.

Lloyd Smale
10-30-2007, 05:23 PM
damm thats beautiful pal!!!

HORNET
10-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Congratulations Gussy! That looks superb. Now all you need is a big pole barn for a loading room and a guest cabin..:drinks:.. What was your address again?[smilie=1:

MT Gianni
10-30-2007, 07:34 PM
Looks great. now you can post the pics of your range soon. Gianni

kodiak1
10-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Gussy BEAUtiful Cabin AND A HAPPY WIFE Your world is definetly spinning right.
Ken.

MGySgt
10-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Beautiful -
Wish I had your talent. I have done a little remodeling, but not the whole hog.

Drew

medic44
11-02-2007, 11:41 AM
12 ft 5/8 rock ain't bad. I rocked a doctor's office once. 12 ft 5/8 lead lined rock WILL strain your milk. This was before I was into casting and I tossed out a lot of scrap.