PDA

View Full Version : Amazing eBay sale . . . . .

MtGun44
10-28-2007, 11:48 PM
I don't shoot a .41 mag, so I don't need the mold but how
about a 4 cav Lyman Keith type (IIRC Keith had nothing to do
with this design and panned it) mold with still 21 hrs to go
and the bidding is . . . . . .

WAIT FOR IT .....

$230 and rising.

Yikes!

Bill

leftiye
10-29-2007, 12:25 AM
Another thread puts new 4 cavity Lyman molds at $62 from Midsouth?

Blammer
10-29-2007, 10:33 AM
I thought EBay didn't allow "GUN" stuff to be sold anymore...

Shiloh
10-29-2007, 10:48 AM
I thought EBay didn't allow "GUN" stuff to be sold anymore...

From what I understand, it will all eventually be phased out. I also understand that although many folks have left over the gunparts ban, it has only hurt them a very small amount.

I haven't done any business there since the "adjustment to gun policy" as all I ever bid on was gun related stuff.

Shiloh :castmine:

Scrounger
10-29-2007, 11:28 AM
There are still gun parts for sale there. I guess what they eliminated made sense to them but I fail to understand it. Seems to me all they got rid of was brass, magazines and barrels. They still have stocks and grips, and stripper clips, probably Garand clips and parts too. Go back and check them out.

22cf45
10-29-2007, 01:13 PM
I agree that what Ebay has done makes absolutely no sense, but when you think about where it is coming from, maybe it does make sense or at least certainly isn't surprising. It appears to me that what they eliminated was anything actually necessary to make a gun go bang.
Phil

Scrounger
10-29-2007, 01:24 PM
No, they eliminated a few items to make themselves 'feel good'. They only forced people to go to another store.

Sundogg1911
10-29-2007, 03:36 PM
Scrounger,
You got that right! All they did was inconvenience me and make me shop elsewhere. I can't say I don't use Ebay any longer, but I do use it a lot less. I am trying to find other sources for used items. I'm sure losing me as a customer isn't going to hurt them, but If enough people stopped buying over the silly "Feel good" ebay rules, It wouldn't feel so good for Ebay!

Adam10mm
10-29-2007, 03:51 PM
They got rid of anything that is used to make a gun fire. Funny they don't allow bullets, but allow bullet molds and lead.

Lee
10-29-2007, 03:55 PM
Ya both got it right. Right now, any mope on the street is more interested in whether witless Britney or K-Fud will get custody of the kids, probably can't even remember what incident prompted the knee-jerk reaction from evil-bay.
But I sure have been gettin' a lot of plugs from the 'bay lately.
Even if it only hurts them a little bit, it's still all about the money.
Bottom line, I got it, and they ain't gettin' it.................Lee:wink:

buck1
10-29-2007, 08:42 PM
I still use them a little but I used them a lot before. Now its the last place not the first place i look..

MN91311
10-29-2007, 09:10 PM
They got rid of anything that is used to make a gun fire. Funny they don't allow bullets, but allow bullet molds and lead.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The molds and lead require someone to perform a physical act to make a bullet.

They are just tools and material.

Should a gas station, who sold gas to someone who drove to the next town to commit a crime, be held liable for participating in that crime ?

I sure hope they do not ban anything else but bullets, gun parts, etc. I buy and sell lots of other related stuff on Ebay..

The Double D
10-30-2007, 12:16 AM
Well, I missed my bet. Elmer sold me a H&G mould for the 41 Mag. I think I still have the letter stuck away in my dogeared copied of Sixguns. The mould went the M-58 when I sold it.

Darn I had provenence, I could have sold the letter and mold and retired early!

Misfire99
10-30-2007, 05:34 AM
I don't think ebay is doing away with guns and gun related sales to make them feel good. I think it's damage control in case someone bought something on ebay and killed a bunch of school kids. The only person involved in the shooting that has deep pockets is ebay so who do you think the scum sucking lawyers will sue? Just to defend yourself in that kind of suit will cost big bucks.

We need tort reform but we have a bunch of lawyers running the Govt. So no chance of that one boys and girls.

Adam10mm
10-30-2007, 10:32 AM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The molds and lead require someone to perform a physical act to make a bullet.

They are just tools and material.

Should a gas station, who sold gas to someone who drove to the next town to commit a crime, be held liable for participating in that crime ?

I sure hope they do not ban anything else but bullets, gun parts, etc. I buy and sell lots of other related stuff on Ebay..

Right but with the nutjob policies eBay has, I was suprised they allowed these still, just like a firing pin requires the gun to be taken down and such.

Bad Water Bill
10-30-2007, 11:10 AM
If scum bay REALLY wanted to do something constructive they should impose the 15 min rule and ELIMINATE the sniping. Some of these people have a sniping program ( sold in England for 19.95 U. S. ) that enters their bid one second before the bidding ends, I know some of you will say always put in the highest bid you are willing to go but what should that really be. Yesterday Iwatched a mould on a 7 day auction close out with 3 snipes raising the bid from 45.00 to 73.00 in the last 4 seconds. AND the winner was the snipe with the best program. with one second left he won giving no one else a chance to enter a higher bid. Unfair to other bidders and to the seller. Also scum bay looses because they get a a % of the selling price if I remember . BWN

EDG
10-30-2007, 09:40 PM
If scum bay REALLY wanted to do something constructive they should impose the 15 min rule and ELIMINATE the sniping. Some of these people have a sniping program ( sold in England for 19.95 U. S. ) that enters their bid one second before the bidding ends, I know some of you will say always put in the highest bid you are willing to go but what should that really be. Yesterday Iwatched a mould on a 7 day auction close out with 3 snipes raising the bid from 45.00 to 73.00 in the last 4 seconds. AND the winner was the snipe with the best program. with one second left he won giving no one else a chance to enter a higher bid. Unfair to other bidders and to the seller. Also scum bay looses because they get a a % of the selling price if I remember . BWN

The 15 minute rule means nothing if you are willing to pay the most. Losers don't bid high enough the first time to win.

Nueces
10-30-2007, 09:50 PM
BWB, the winner in that auction was the one with the highest bid, as is always true on ebay. Whomever bids the highest wins. No matter when that highest bid is entered, it wins. If you bid $100 on an item with another's max bid of $10, then the auction bid will show a current bid of $11. If a dozen snipers bid in the last nanosecond, and none of them bid more than you (your $100 plus the minimum increment), then you will win that auction. Last minute bidding has nothing to so with it, unless that late bid is also the highest.

The advice to bid the most you'd be willing to pay is spot on. If a bidder is unable to determine how much an item is worth to him, then he has no business bidding for it, does he? Could pay way too much. A sniper may save him from himself by avoiding a bidding war with one party bidding blind. It's a public service, see? :mrgreen:

Mark

Namerifrats
10-30-2007, 10:12 PM
Sniping is part of the game :Fire: I've gotten lots of goodies off of there last minute by sniping. If I would have started bidding early all that would do is drive up the price. I've also lost things by being sniped, no biggy. In the end, let the highest bidder win!

Bob Jones
10-30-2007, 10:33 PM
Remember, when you buy something on Ebay, you've just proven that you're willing to pay more than anyone else in the whole world for something...

Like Nueces said, when I do want to bid I just enter the highest I'm willing to pay for something and let the software handle it from there. If someone else is willing to pay more for it, so be it, keeps me from getting caught up in the auction fever.

leftiye
10-31-2007, 12:06 AM
Yeah, but make sure the jerk pays more than retail if you can!

dakotashooter2
10-31-2007, 10:46 AM
I saw that too. You could buy a couple high quality CUSTOM molds for that price.