PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

Eric H
09-24-2013, 01:14 AM
I just wanted to say thank you to all the great folks here. I dont always have time to post much. Through all my trial and error casting and reloading. I have been able to bring others into the casting fold. I owe a certain debt of gratitude for all the great help aswell as the time some have taken to post and link articles and Info.
I look forward to many great years ahead. I hope this place will be around for my grand children..

Thanks again from Oregon, Eric H.[smilie=s:

shredder
09-24-2013, 08:51 AM
Agreed. I could say the same. This place has put me years ahead on the learning curve and pushed me to go places that without the knowledge base here to rely on I might never have gone. My gratitute to all.

4rdwhln
09-24-2013, 11:20 AM
I to would like to say thanks to the good people on this form. I Have been casting since the early 90's and am one of the more fortunate ones as my Dad had already learned the ropes for handguns. When it was time I got all his molds and an old lead bottom drop lead pot with an old temp controller for a soldering iron clipped to it. Many of my fathers notes had been lost to time, so the first thing I did was cast some almost pure lead slugs for the .44 mag and load them very stiff and lead up a Ruger super Blackhawk . I didn't know about this form or really anyone to glean information on cast load development. In fact the best shot and most knowledgeable shooter I knew said that lead was dirty and would destroy my guns if I was to keep up this foolish pursuit. Glad he was wrong. So I labored and read and thought and read some more. Before I found this wonder full form I would tumble for hours on end the range brass my wife picked up as I shot. Now a little time in the citric acid bath and some dry time and a short tumble= like new brass. I used to use store bought lube, now I have a batch of Ben's red in the freezer and in the sizer. Next batch will cost little or nothing With the leftover fixins. I used to mix an alloy of 90%ww 10% lead +2%tin, I am experimenting with 50-50+2 now as well as a batch of 90-10-2+cu. Not sure of the +cu yet but my .357 loves the50-50 mix.
Anyway I am kinda long winded this morning but the long and short of it is this place is great for noob and old timers alike. If there is anything involved in the casting world it appears to be here and easy to find. The people here are for the most part kind and very smart, thanks again for all the information and the hours of entertainment provided.

s mac
09-24-2013, 03:21 PM
I would like to add my thanks also, I just stumbled onto this site, have gained much knowledge, plus a great bunch of folk. I probably spend too much time on here, but thats ok.

MtGun44
09-24-2013, 03:54 PM
You are welcome and pass it on!

Bill

novalty
09-24-2013, 04:05 PM
:goodpost: Eric H.

I can't thank this site enough for the information that I have obtain from countless hours of searching and reading. The information is priceless, and was tremendous help with me getting set up to cast. I'm also fortunate to have a terrific mentor in my father-in-law who has been casting for close to 30 years--most of that just from trying on his own. The members here are some of the best people I've had the pleasure of conversing with on the www!

:CastBoolitsisbest: