PDA

View Full Version : What some people will do.

Frank46
08-22-2005, 04:50 AM
Guys, I thought I had seen it all. Sunday went to a local gun show. One dealer had a colt new service revolver in 45 long colt for LESS than $300. You heard right, less than $300. Now you gotta remember that I have cataracts and sometimes don't see too well. At first glance it looked worn but in good condition. The bbl and cylinder looked like it had not been cleaned since the boxer rebellion. But rifling was sharp and distinct. The finish looked to be very worn. OK, no problema. A closer look showed marks from a wire wheel that had been used to cleanoff what may have been surface rust.
The rampant colt stallion was visibly legible but only just. The dealer said that was how the gun came to him. Well at least the grips were origional and in good condition. Kinda makes you wonder though. That guy must be dumber than a box of rocks. Frank

trooperdan
08-22-2005, 11:25 AM
Frank, so I assume that you rescued that poor old Colt? Too bad it's previous owner hadn't just left it alone!

9.3X62AL
08-22-2005, 11:43 AM
That old wheeler deserves a good home--in my gun safe!

Frank46
08-23-2005, 04:41 AM
Dan, yeah I had the money but sad to say the old girl is still with the dealer. Maybe next show if its still there. I have a bunch of stuff to get gas checks, molds, h&i dies, top punches and other goodies. Somehow another revolver and in 45 long colt don't do anything for me. This is the same dealer who had a stevens 44? in 25 rimfire that had been refinished, stock and metal and wanted $575 for it with 47 rounds of 25 rimfire ammo. Didn't get to check the bore. Was seriously thinking of having the bbl rebored to 32-20 and using heavier than normal bullets. !00grs to maybe 170grs.
Will see later this month as there is another show somewhere. , oh yeah did see a colt 41 long colt in nice shape with a few rust spots in the bbl. Cost About $580 with a full box of winchester 41 long colt ammo. Frank