PDA

View Full Version : I want to apologize to someone I may have offended.

gray wolf
09-18-2013, 09:04 AM
I want to apologize to someone I may have offended.
I have been a little up tight for the last week or so and I said something that is bothering me.
I was reading a post in the pit and I called someone a jerk,
that was not a nice thing to do, and I am sorry. Everyone has the right to an opinion. So to that person, Your not a jerk, I was for running my mouth.

Sam

Bo1
09-18-2013, 09:08 AM
Well done Sam. A very classy thing to do..

Bo

lup
09-18-2013, 09:58 AM
If more people did what you did, the world would be a better place.

1Shirt
09-18-2013, 10:07 AM
You got that right! The only people who don't make mistakes in life are those who do nothing!
1Shirt!

popper
09-18-2013, 10:30 AM
Sam - some people are worse than jerks and it is proper to call them out.

Char-Gar
09-18-2013, 11:26 AM
If it only wrong to call somebody a jerk, if they are not being one. Otherwise it is a fact based observation, and does not warrant an apology.

If you are going to offend me, you have to work at it much harder than calling me a jerk. That is pretty soft stuff. Only a jerk would be offended by being called a jerk. :-)

The Pit is a nasty, dirty, gritty place, so folks should not go there if they can't have their opinions, attitudes and politics questioned in strong terms. When you go in there, being called a jerk or worse is just a risk you assume.

aspangler
09-18-2013, 11:43 AM
Nice of you to do this. Most wouldn't.[smilie=w:

baker1425
09-18-2013, 11:56 AM
Your apology is demonstrated character and integrity in action, Gray Wolf. IME, other folks of character recognize when someone is having an off day and forgive it immediately or ask if they can help you.

After being active on some other boards, and watching the behavior there, I've decided that this is the nicest set of folks on the interweb. :smile:

Love Life
09-18-2013, 12:51 PM
I wasn't offended...

As Char Gar said, the pit is not for the faint of heart or weak minded. The pit is a valuable place to assemble (so to speak) and allow for the free flow of ideas.
The pit is also a place where you can say "Yes. That was a stupid question." because there is such a thing as a stupid question.

You can post any opinion you want in the pit, but be prepared to back that opinion with something substantial instead "Well I heard..."

We have all, at one point, been the target of something along the lines of what you said. It is the nature of the pit. The pit is not for girly men. The pit is for free thinkers who can not only state a position, but can also defend that position. If you come into the pit expecting to experience an "Everybody gets an A, a ribbon, and everybody's input is valuable." discussion forum, then yes. You will be offended as you are pushed to defend or prove what you stated.

I love it!!

Char-Gar
09-18-2013, 01:11 PM
I don't often go to the pit, as it is inhabited by people who are mostly wrong on every subject under the sun. At times however, I do feel it is my duty to be a necessary corrective to the obvious foolishness displayed there. :-)

"The Pit" used in conjunction with "apology" is an oxymoron of the highest order.

Piedmont
09-18-2013, 02:25 PM
Stay out of the pit. If I avoid that place, I love all of you guys. But if I step in there I realize how many idiots are here and have a much lower opinion of the membership. Frankly I wish they would eliminate that board and think we would all be better off with it gone. If someone wants to find trouble on the internet they can do it on another website.

fishhawk
09-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Doing away with "the pit" has been discussed in staff often and having "the pit" keeps the majority of the political religious and other unsavory discussions in one place. You don't want to read it just stay out, keeps the stuff out of the rest of the forums. steve k

Hamish
09-18-2013, 02:48 PM
Funny how it's the nicest guy's who are the first to apologize. I believe the fellow in question would agree that no apology was necessary to start with.

It's hard to stay out of there at times, ain't it?