PDA

View Full Version : An update from gray wolf

gray wolf
09-12-2013, 08:13 PM
I wish I only had to give this update to one or two people,
Or say thank you to just a few, why ? cause If I did it would mean that the events that took place in my life on Saturday were small.
Perhaps in a way they were, since they only happened to me and Julie, And in the grand scheme of things considering the size of this planet that we all put our feet on maybe they were.
Then again I know they were not, I say that because I have been reading pages and pages of kind thoughts and prayers, We have also been shown overwhelming generosity I can't look anyone in the eyes and say thank you, I can't shake any hands or hug someone,
And none of you can hug me and tell me it's going to be OK.
But please know I would if it were possible and I know I would get that hug from you. After all it's what family does--isn't it ?
I got many PM,s from folks saying that I was an important part of the forum and they were appreciative of some of my post.
That was nice to here, I don't always see it that way but it made me happy that some of you do.
Julie is home now, step one, she has regained much of what was lost when she got on the Helicopter. I know she will read this so let me just say ; there is still a lot of work to be done, I will let you read between the lines on that one.
I find my self getting angry, not at her,
but at what happened, I also know that it's a normal feeling and I have to deal with it. In reality it was no ones fault, things happen and we play the hand we are dealt. Sometimes we can draw two with 3 of a kind in the hole, and sometimes we have to draw 4 while clutching onto a lonely deuce.
We thank God we are here, we are still together and we have a chance to go on. for how long ? I don't know, know one can answer that.
The realization that some changes are in order has yet to fully sink it--I understand that, and I recognize the resistance those thoughts can face. We are working at it.
When I have to say thank you I always think it's not enough,
like there should be other words, longer words, more words that all run together. Like maybe I should use a bigger font or say it louder.
Well my friends no matter if I shouted it, whispered it or wrote it on a bridge overpass, it comes out the same way.
So that's what I will say to you all--Thank you-- thank you for the Prayers and for helping us out with some funds.
We got the bill for the Helicopter ride today--
$10,000 + another $1,000 for on board service. I don't know as of yet how much of that I will be responsible for. Not to much I hope.
You all are such a special group of people, I don't know how we all got on the same forum but we did. There has got to be a higher power at work here.
Some folks sent a gift and didn't use there screen name, that makes it a little hard to personalize a thank you. But I do thank you and Julie thanks you, every single one of you
lets be grateful for the time we have on this Earth, lets not forget who we love and lets not forget to let them know.
I understand now that life doesn't always give us a chance to do it latter or put it off until tomorrow. I almost didn't have a tomorrow.
So hug your loved ones, tell them why you love them and how important they are to you. If you can, do it now.
We love you all, for your thoughts, for your deeds, and for who you are.
***You are all certainly made of the right stuff. ***

With all my heart
Thank you

Sam

Gar
09-12-2013, 08:59 PM
God bless you Sam and Julie, I'll take that hug if we ever meet up.

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Sam,
That's a wonderful message. I still have both of you in my prayers

:2_high5: [closest to a hug as the slimeys allow]
Jon

smoked turkey
09-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Sam I can feel your heart and your feelings for both Julie and your friends here on cast boolits. Know that you guys are in our prayers for a total and quick recovery. I know that it might actually take some time before that happens but you have God and each other to hold on to. You are going to make it. Thanks for the update.

09-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Sam and Julie,
All the best to both of you.

lylejb
09-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Sam,

Very glad to hear from you, I had been wondering how you and Julie were doing. I think many others were as well.

You and Julie have many friends here, and While I might not get to shake your hand, please remember we're thinking of you just the same.

If you ever need anything, please ask. We might not be able to change the hand your dealt, but we might be able to make it a little easier.

lyle

PS Paul
09-12-2013, 09:41 PM
Sam, I'm happy to know Julie is back at home and with you again.

A lot of us have been going through some tough things the past few weeks, so just know my thoughts are with you and I, along with most of the rest of us here, will be looking forward to hearing Julie is progressing.

Until then,
God bless.

Paul

Bzcraig
09-12-2013, 10:57 PM
It's what friends do Sam! Still be praying, Julie for complete healing and you for patience, wisdom and understanding. Please do keep us posted occasionally on progress.

Uncle Jim
09-12-2013, 11:11 PM
Sam, I kinda know what Julie is going through. I had a stroke last November and I am still recovering from it.

MtGun44
09-13-2013, 12:00 AM
Glad you were able to get a medevac helo - I'm sure that made a
huge difference in the damage. Time is everything, glad you saved
it. I hope she makes a full recovery.

Best wishes, sir.

Bill

trooperdan
09-13-2013, 01:08 AM
Sam and Julie, I'm just glad to be able to offer my prayers, good wishes a little bit of support. That was a wonderful "thanks" Sam!

hardcase54
09-13-2013, 05:02 AM
You and yours are on my prayer list.

captaint
09-13-2013, 06:37 AM
Very well said, Sam. Glad you both are at least OK for now. You & Julie will be in our thoughts.
Mike

myg30
09-13-2013, 09:34 AM
Sam, God be with you both. my prayers for you, your wife and your familys.

Mike

mroliver77
09-13-2013, 09:54 AM
“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ “Then the “righteous” will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

aspangler
09-13-2013, 09:59 AM
Sam, God be with you both. my prayers for you, your wife and your familys.

Mike As a Baptist Preacher I don't think I could have said it any better. You and yours have been in my prayers each day.

Albert

Recluse
09-13-2013, 10:10 AM
“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ “Then the “righteous” will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Absolutely.

I also try to live up to what is written in Luke 12:48, and I paraphrase--"To whom much is given, much is expected."

My wife and I have been blessed and not only is it our duty to give back, but it is a privilege beyond that which I have the words to describe.

I, as many others that were here at the time, will never forget the incredible rally we did to help Sam & Julie out some years back. In doing that, Sam and his wife presented this membership with an opportunity to come ever closer together.

And once again, we're presented with the opportunity to help two very special members of our family and in doing so, I see many of our newer members unselfishly pitching in and in doing so, once again bringing our family closer together.

Maybe it's we who should be thanking Sam & Julie.

:coffee:

mroliver77
09-13-2013, 10:44 AM
Maybe it's we who should be thanking Sam & Julie.

:coffee:

My thinking exactly!

km101
09-13-2013, 12:14 PM
Sam, I really appreciate the "Thank you" and know that you mean it. But it is not necessary for you to do a lot to say thanks. We all did it to help, not to be recognized or singled out for thanks. Your heart felt post and the knowledge that you and Julie are doing better is all that anyone wants.

But if we ever have the opportunity to meet, I would be grateful for a hug from you both.

popper
09-13-2013, 03:41 PM
the knowledge that you and Julie are doing better is all that anyone wants. Not much I can add. Let us know when there is more help needed.
Personal note: couldn't get the folks to move closer to us until they both ended up with 'micro' stokes the same weekend. Dad had a stroke ~ 4yrs later, pretty much recovered til he broke his leg. Took him off blood thinner and he had another. He did as well as he could until he passed from congestive H.F. @ 93. Mom's B.D. is end of the month, 94, cranky but still getting around. You just don't know and there are no guarantees, just do your darndest. Stay well, friend.