PDA

View Full Version : prayers please

300savage
09-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Had a horse accident last night and am lying in the hospital this morning talking about surgery.
Was roping yesterday evening when my right stirrup leather broke and the horse I was on started buckin.
It was a friends horse and saddle, he had asked me to run a few on him.
I guess it startled him because he sure dropped his head and went to bucking. Second jump he made the saddle horn hit me in the crotch hard enough to split my pelvis.
Don't reccomend this to anyone. Trying to determine now if it will require surgery.

jmort
09-11-2013, 10:32 AM
Praying for you Brother. No surgery, Full recovery.

WILCO
09-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Prayers Please

Done.

waksupi
09-11-2013, 11:02 AM
That is why I stay away from horses anymore. I've had too many parts broken and damaged by the darned things over the years. Cowboy up, and get better!

Sensai
09-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Prayers for healing and complete recovery going up.

wallenba
09-11-2013, 11:16 AM
I have spinal stenosis, in no small part due to horses. My last ride was also with a friends horse and borrowed tack. I did not know the horse at all. That makes some of it my fault. He startled at a small stream crossing at the sight of a dead bird, or a plastic bag that were there. Billet strap broke ( back girth), was old and rotten, I noticed it, but we were just going for a walk. I came down hard on my tailbone on the cantle, fell off. Have not been right since.
Prayers for you.

Bzcraig
09-11-2013, 11:27 AM

Me too!

aspangler
09-11-2013, 11:58 AM
Me too!

Add me to the list of prayer warriors.

blackthorn
09-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Done!

gray wolf
09-11-2013, 12:42 PM
Prayers for you friend, I hope you mend fast and well.

alrighty
09-11-2013, 12:49 PM
Prayers sent.

timbuck
09-11-2013, 12:51 PM
More prayers on the way.

300savage
09-11-2013, 01:11 PM
Thank you all .
I have never asked for prayer before like this, it is amazing how I can feel the difference.
Grey wolf how is your wife?

rockrat
09-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Prayers up for a full and quick recovery

groovy mike
09-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Prayers sent!

km101
09-11-2013, 10:17 PM
Prayers for a full and quick recovery. I have been bit, kicked, stomped and thrown by horses in the past. I was lucky as it was mostly in my youth and I recovered pretty quickly.

That is why I am a rocking chair cowboy these days. But I know how addictive ropin' and ridin' can be so I hope you are able to return to your sport soon and healthy!

Artful
09-11-2013, 10:27 PM

I'm praying for ya, keep the faith and have a vision of yourself happily on the other side of this bad situation.

xs11jack
09-11-2013, 11:34 PM
I will be praying for you and a perfect recovery.
Ole Jack

mroliver77
09-12-2013, 12:55 AM
I love good horses and want to shoot the dumb ones!

Prayers for a full and speedy recovery!
Jay

MrWolf
09-12-2013, 06:28 AM
Ouch - prayers sent. No surgery and full recovery.

buckwheatpaul
09-12-2013, 07:28 AM
We have horses and we know how bad things can go with those nobel animals.....I pray that you heal and that God wraps his arms around you....Paul

TheCelt
09-12-2013, 07:35 AM
Prayers for ya Pard. Praying for a quick recovery!

Uncle Jim
09-12-2013, 07:40 AM
Thoughts and prayers Sent!

Wayne Smith
09-12-2013, 07:48 AM
More prayers going up for wisdom for the docs who will evaluate you.

300savage
09-12-2013, 06:18 PM
Thanks so much guys.
It looks like I will be in surgery in the morning. Kinda loopll
From the Pa in medd.

Night.

hardcase54
09-13-2013, 05:06 AM
Will add your name to my list. Heal soon God Bless.

300savage
09-13-2013, 07:20 AM
Bill thanks so much, you just relieved my biggest concern, of whether to get the plate PR not.
They are about to come get me. Thanks again, my wife is on her way as well
I will give you all an update in a few hours.

catmandu
09-13-2013, 07:55 AM
May God bless and keep you.
Remember when "He" brings you to it. "He" will bring you thru it.
Paul in WNY

myg30
09-13-2013, 09:28 AM
I too pray for a speedy and full recovery for ya. This is why at our age we decided to sell our two horses. The grand daughter don't ride much any more and them bales of hay are not cheep nor light for us middle aged folk to deal with. Our Ferrier is taking them both to his home where they will stay together and he and his family will all enjoy them both.
God Bless. Prays sent for you and your family for your recovery.

Mike

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-13-2013, 09:39 AM
Had a horse accident last night and am lying in the hospital this morning talking about surgery.
Was roping yesterday evening when my right stirrup leather broke and the horse I was on started buckin.
It was a friends horse and saddle, he had asked me to run a few on him.
I guess it startled him because he sure dropped his head and went to bucking. Second jump he made the saddle horn hit me in the crotch hard enough to split my pelvis.
Don't reccomend this to anyone. Trying to determine now if it will require surgery.
Prayin' for ya !

That is why I stay away from horses anymore. I've had too many parts broken and damaged by the darned things over the years.
I have very little experience on horses, but this is the reason why I sold my dirt bike !

mroliver77
09-13-2013, 10:06 AM
Funny age we live in where a guy is busted up waiting for surgery and chatting to his buddies on a computer!
I am sure this is a good thing! I remember the boredom of the old days when nurse Crabswitch through everybody out and you laid there alone for eternity.

s mac
09-13-2013, 11:44 AM
Praying as well, hang tough.

Artful
09-13-2013, 05:10 PM
More Prayer for speedy and full recovery and steady hands throughout your operation.

wch
09-13-2013, 07:31 PM
Praying for your recovery.

Honorstick
09-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Prayers sent for you my friend.

dragonrider
09-13-2013, 09:53 PM
I hope you heal well and fast.

Reloader06
09-13-2013, 11:43 PM
Prayers sent for a speedy and full recovery. To this City Slicker that sounds down right painful. Lord be with our Brother, his Doctors and the rest of the staff.

Matt

Artful
09-14-2013, 08:25 PM
Hey 300savage, give us a report - you doing OK - Need anything?

Ajax
09-15-2013, 05:26 AM
Prayers sent. Trust in the lord within him all things are possible.

Andy

429421Cowboy
09-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Prayers for you, and know that you are lucky to be alive! I have seen that exact situation twice in my life, where a pelvis was broken on the cantle or horn and both times the men were very lucky to have even made it to the hospital before internal bleeding got them. I am glad to hear you made it into the hospital in time but sorry about the recovery it will take. We will be praying for you!

300savage
09-15-2013, 11:47 AM
Thank You All So Much ,I Mean That With All IHave In Me.
Little Update, still In I CU.
Scrotum Is Size Of Big Grapefruit.Purple Black And Green.
Penis Is Just A Little Mushroom Cap.
Groin Is Pulled.
Pelvis Is Screwed Back Togeth. Pnuemonia Is Gett N Better. Think I Am Gonna Deck The next.SOB That calls
Me Lucky

300savage
09-15-2013, 12:08 PM
That Is A Joke Of Course.
In Reference To A Certain Dog.. I Do RealizE I Am blesed

Artful
09-15-2013, 12:28 PM
Guess you showed them who has the biggest Cojones!

Glad your doing better - good to hear from ya.

300savage
09-16-2013, 12:38 AM
Hopefully I Discharged Tomorrow.
Lot Of Battles To Fight At Once Has Made It Very Difficult. Plus I Am Going To Be Shipping All Our Calves In A Couple Weeks Riding A Dang Wheelchair.A First For Me.. I Am Lucky.
If Soeome Could JusT Show Me How To Fix My Freekin Keyboard..

429421Cowboy
09-16-2013, 11:27 AM
I wish you lived a little closer, I would be more than happy to come help you with shipping! Just be glad you can be there to see it all still!

300savage
09-16-2013, 04:37 PM
wish that you did as well i wouid sure take you up on that offer

300savage
09-16-2013, 04:48 PM
found out a tad more about the wreck that i didnt remember.according to a witness i had just picked my loop u and had started swinging a heel loop when the stirrup broke it thre down in the seat so hard just as my loop was coming forward that i whacked him right over the head with it.
i remember nothing of that but apparently that is what set him off.

starmac
09-16-2013, 04:56 PM
That would do it, for me anyway. lol Hope you are not stove up long.
I love horses, but I doubt I ever mount another one, I can ride a gentle kids horse a hundred yards and am down in the back for several days anymore.

300savage
09-16-2013, 06:28 PM
found out a tad more about the wreck that i didnt remember.according to a witness i had just picked my loop u and had started swinging a heel loop when the stirrup broke it thre down in the seat so hard just as my loop was coming forward that i whacked him right over the head with it.
i remember nothing of that but apparently that is what set him off.

waksupi
09-16-2013, 08:31 PM
That'll teach you to make an unwarranted attack on a poor little cow thingy.

km101
09-16-2013, 10:02 PM
OK, you need to take pics so you can claim braggin' rights! :)

Seriously, I'm glad that you are healing and on the way back to normal. I know that you don't feel real good right now and probably will have some real challenges in the coming weeks and months. But remember that it could have been much worse. Try to listen to the Dr's and therapists and do as they tell you. Take the meds and follow their advice and you will heal much faster.

Hang in there my friend. It will get better!

300savage
09-17-2013, 12:20 AM
home at last. thank you all. your thoughts prayers and kind words helped more than i can tell you.
but pictures huh, WELL if you see something that looks like a purple snapping turtle with a pnk mushroom growing out of its back it will be my most tender portion..

thanks again , you are good men.

Mk42gunner
09-17-2013, 12:52 AM
Now there is a word picture that I did not need to have painted in my brain... I think it is even worse than purple long johns.

Seriously, glad you are home and doing better.

Robert

Reloader06
09-17-2013, 01:35 AM
Ahh, The comfort of your own bed and the sounds of being home! May The Lord continue to bless you.

Matt

Artful
09-17-2013, 01:40 AM
Sounds like your making progress already

300savage
09-17-2013, 02:52 AM
gunner that was good for a brain scrub i do believe.. sorry.

just trying to see if a few words could be worth a thousand pictures.
it is so good to be in my own bed, i am thankful for a few good doctors and surgeons who stepped in and took over.
my first few days were hell until i raised enough ruckus they turned me loose and some wiser men stepped up. and a few really great nurses went to bat on my behalf.
it is amazing ho w you can get railroaded and stonewalled in our medical system.
until i finally staggered myself into the middle of the nerve center and threw a first class redneck asschewin on the entire bunch.
embarrassed my own wife who once worked there as an ER nurse completely to death. she had not been seeing what was happening and when i tried to explain in my drugged up state of mind in wasnt hard for them to convince her i was just being an uncooperative and unreasonable patient. these a holes had it down to a science, and it wasworking until i actually did stop trying to reason with them and staggered my narrow gauged whit e henie down there and gave them all a. five minute rundown of their lineage. luckily i did it in front of some senior people and enough other patients that it dang sure got heard.
pretty amazing how quickly some people dissapeared and some quality doctores and nurses showed up.
i made a few enemies but a lot more friends.
got a lot of visits from nurses and even a few doctors thanking me who said they had been wondering when the top was finally going to get blown off that floor.
guess hanging around you bunch of rednecks wore off on me a little.
probably was a somewhat funny site me tryin to manuever that walker around with my butt hanging out tryng to get close enoug h to that middle eastern sounding excuse of a doctor while telling him i had vets working on my cows who were more qualified than him.
my wife even woke up finally and forgave me after i ran her and him out of my room one day.
pretty amazing that there are really some great doctors and nurses out thaere who are just as fed up with the system as i was but who are trapped by their jobs into putting up with it. there were a lot a feathers floating around for a day or two. it was fun to see how many times someone would slip in and while not go so far as to thank me, but would leave me their personal number in case i needed anything.
very danged interesting i will tell you.

Gibbs44
09-17-2013, 05:17 AM
Prayers sent for a complete and speedy recovery.