PDA

View Full Version : 12 years ago the 2nd plane just hit

catmandu
09-11-2013, 09:06 AM
I feel compelled to take a minute to remember the 2800 who passed 12 years ago........

Paul in WNY

mold maker
09-11-2013, 09:14 AM
Those wounds will always be a scar to remind us. The sad thing is it will probably happen again, because we will always be a target.

WILCO
09-11-2013, 10:48 AM
I feel compelled to take a minute to remember the 2800 who passed 12 years ago........

Paul in WNY

Duly noted. Moment to rememberance given.

waynem34
09-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Yep, I quit smoking on that day 12 years ago as a gesture of rememberance and to keep breathing as long as i'm able.

tryNto
09-11-2013, 04:53 PM
Will always be a day to remember.
Not just the People in the Towers, But all who died in the Attack.

In total 3,497 people died in the attacks on September 11, 2001.

2,735 civilians in the World Trade Center died
87 passengers and crew members aboard American Airlines Flight 11 that hit the North Tower
60 passengers and crew aboard United Flight 175 that hit the South Tower
343 New York City firefighters and rescue workers and 23 New York City law enforcement officers, 47 Port Authority workers and 37 Port Authority Police Officers, lost their lives when they rushed in to save the victims in the World Trade Center
36 passengers and crew aboard United Flight 93, who gave their lives stopping four hijackers over Pennsylvania
64 passengers and crew aboard American Airlines Flight 77 that crashed into the Pentagon, killing them and 125 people in the building.

May they Rest in Peace..

In addition
19 cowards - the terrorists who hijacked four airliners and murdered 3,497 people - also died.

BorderBrewer
09-11-2013, 05:01 PM
My niece who is a Petty Officer 3rd Class is stationed aboard the USS Somerset, named after Somerset County, PA. Flight 93 was taken down by it's passengers into a field near Shanksville, PA to avoid a terrorist attack on Washington DC. "Let's Roll". She had the honor of ringing the bell during the remembrance ceremony today in that field. Here is a link to the article. I am very proud of that girl.

http://triblive.com/news/adminpage/4595855-74/flight-memorial-felt#axzz2ec17B2li

Swamp Man
09-11-2013, 08:50 PM
Each September 11 is spent remembering those who died that day in the senseless attack on our home land. As well as those who have died fighting for our freedom since then.

Frank46
09-11-2013, 10:53 PM
I remember it as clear as the day it happened. I'm a native new yorker but had retired and moved to louisiana. My wife woke me up and had the tv on and said they attacking new york. Never saw an old man get out of bed so fast. Since we had two daughters in school we went and pulled them out for that day. evidently we were not the only ones with that thought in mind. Parking lot was jammed with parents doing the same thing. All me and the wife knew that two planes had hit the world trade center, one hit the pentagon and one crashed at shanksville pennsylvania. Will remember those films for the rest of my life. Never forget how so few people killed so many. Reason we went and got the kids from school, I guess everybody was totally confused and somewhat terrified at the time. Us, we just wanted our kids at home just in case something else was going on that wasn't shown on the tube. Where I used to work you could see the towers from our parking lot. Not any more. God bless all the people who met their untimely deaths and to the many first responders who answered the call of duty. Frank

DCP
09-12-2013, 07:41 AM
The apathy that is apparent here at Cast Boolits is truly said.
Over 3000 AMERICANS DIE and 8 Patriots speak up.

We are truly a small group.

Many gave all
All gave some

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

For our tomorrow
They gave their today

JakeBlanton
09-12-2013, 08:15 AM
And what have we accomplished since then?

We've spent a few TRILLION dollars and lost a few thousand of our service members and civilian contractors and even more that have been permanently injured.

Our economy has taken a serious hit.

Our personal freedoms have significantly declined.

And for what?

A couple hundred thousand (at most) dead Muslims?

Trading one Muslim regime for another Muslim regime?

And they probably hate us more now than they did previously.

All we did was unite them so that they are now fighting us instead of fighting each other.

Bush should have just nuked them. It would have been a LOT cheaper. Sure, they would have hated us for it, but that's not really any different than how they feel now, right?

BeeMan
09-12-2013, 08:25 AM
You might re-read your signature DCP.

Assuming that one is not a patriot because they did not post on an Internet forum? Really?? Maybe, just maybe, some of those who did not post are busy in the arena, making a difference.

The apathy that is apparent here at Cast Boolits is truly said.
Over 3000 AMERICANS DIE and 8 Patriots speak up.

We are truly a small group.

Many gave all
All gave some

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

For our tomorrow
They gave their today

jmort
09-12-2013, 09:23 AM
Never forget. Muslim scum.

DCP
09-12-2013, 11:07 AM
You assuming that I was talking about those in the Arena would be a real stretch.
Please re read the whole post and my signature before you have a sun stroke.

I am on your side son

Stay safe and Thanks

Via con Dios

You might re-read your signature DCP.

Assuming that one is not a patriot because they did not post on an Internet forum? Really?? Maybe, just maybe, some of those who did not post are busy in the arena, making a difference.

BeeMan
09-12-2013, 02:44 PM
Yes, we are on the same side. There is no apathy on this end.

September 11th has been a day for reflection since 2001. Yesterday, as I stood for a moment looking at the half mast Flag about 8:45, a Blackhawk helicopter from the local Guard unit flew past about a mile away. For a brief moment time stood still, torn between memories of what happened and the knowledge that I owe much to those like the crew in that chopper.

December 7th, August 6th, and other days give pause as well.

Thank you for your service, DCP.

BeeMan

1Shirt
09-12-2013, 02:59 PM
I noted here on 9-11 that probably only half the American flags that I normally see on the 4th of July, were displayed. Did notice however that all the business's I saw that had flag poles, had them at half staff, and that is good.
1Shirt!

jmort
09-12-2013, 05:01 PM
How many U.S. citizens even think about 12-7-41? Not many. Probably not even P.C. to remember. My dad does, as he served in the Pacific theater. It is all downhill from here in terms of "remembrance" except possibly 15/20/25 year anniversaries. After that, Kumbaya. Japs are still Japs in my book.

BorderBrewer
09-12-2013, 08:21 PM
How many U.S. citizens even think about 12-7-41? Not many. Probably not even P.C. to remember. My dad does, as he served in the Pacific theater. It is all downhill from here in terms of "remembrance" except possibly 15/20/25 year anniversaries. After that, Kumbaya. Japs are still Japs in my book.

My uncle Roy Gager rests on board the USS Arizona in Pearl. His brother Harold enlisted right after the attack and was one of the first members of the UDT which is now the SEALS. Suffice it to say that uncle Harold exacted his revenge on the Japs. In my family, we do not forget 12-7-41

1Shirt
09-13-2013, 11:17 AM
Well stated Border!
1Shirt!