PDA

View Full Version : Current NFA waiting times

historicfirearms
09-10-2013, 09:03 AM
I sent in my paperwork for a silencer the first week of February this year. This is my first NFA application. I haven't heard back from the ATF yet and I'm getting a little anxious awaiting my new toy. Has anyone recently gotten an NFA weapon, and how long did you have to wait for the paperwork to come back?

blademasterii
09-10-2013, 09:35 AM
I submitted in early January, got it back mid July. There is a number u can call and ask about the status. Don't have it here at work.

kweidner
09-10-2013, 11:09 AM
My FFL took nearly 6 months! Same people.

Dystaxia
09-10-2013, 11:17 AM
According to this site:

http://www.nfatracker.com

It's looking like people that submitted in January are just now getting their stamps. Ugghh, 8 month wait times.

john hayslip
09-10-2013, 11:25 AM
If I understand correctly there is a new executive order that all persons on a trust have to be vetted and pass. That will slow things down.

FISH4BUGS
09-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Boy am I glad I bought all my NFA toys years ago. Even then it was 3-5 month waiting times. I hesitate to buy another SBR now because of the wait times. a .22 supressor would be nice but why wait 8 months for a toy?
There is no reason our government should give such crappy service to its customers.

dilly
09-10-2013, 08:00 PM
There is no reason our government should give such crappy service to its customers.

There is no reason they shouldn't. They can't be bankrupted and there is no competition, could be two year wait times and what would we do instead? That's the government for you.