PDA

View Full Version : hey felix the lube expert

Lloyd Smale
10-24-2007, 09:15 AM
How can i use 606 alox to make a stick lube. Ive got about 3/4s of a gallon of it and dont use tumble lube.

felix
10-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Yes, probably, because it might be petro ready on its own merits. Better than reading the specs about it, it is cheap enough to just experiment with it. Try a 50-50 for starters, with paraffin, then 50-50 that mix with beeswax, then 50-50 that with whatever to soften. If you see any seperation between stages upon cooling, then some kind of glue would be required. That is where the Ivory will come into play, or any of the glue type of polymers used in the candle industry. Get back with me after playing around with what you have. If we need one of the polymers, I have enough to send you for trials. ... felix

Lloyd Smale
10-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Im a little confuse, are you saying for a final product it should have abouty 1/4 alox 1/4 paraphin wax 1/4 beeswax and 1/4 something to soften it with (possibly more beeswax)

Bass Ackward
10-24-2007, 01:21 PM
How can i use 606 alox to make a stick lube. Ive got about 3/4s of a gallon of it and dont use tumble lube.

Lloyd,

How can you make stick lube? Why I would just reach down in the can with your hands and then rub up and down the stick. If that don't get it, goop up and give her another pass. Oughtta make that stick right slick.

felix
10-24-2007, 01:32 PM
Lloyd, just play around a little. Mix one component at a time, any you feel fit that day. Take notes so you can make adjustments or keep same for next time around. So, tonight mix one part of 606 with one part of beeswax. What about one tablespoon each? ... felix