PDA

View Full Version : A note of appreciation.

45nut
10-23-2007, 11:34 PM
Over the past year and then some I have been going through some very trying times and in that period there have been some friends on this board that have really shined brightly and this post is to publicly say THANK YOU.

There are many old sayings about a friend in need is a friend indeed,,and several variations of it, my own experience has shown me that from coast to coast even though we may not have met in person the bond is strong enough for a true friend to show his support when the chips are down.
I have met a few of these true friends personally, some I hope to meet in the future and there are probably a few that I may never have the chance to share a cup of coffee with but each has made a difference to me.
This post may mean little to most that read it but it means a lot to me and those kind souls that have helped me.

My brothers of the silver stream,, you will recognize yourselves I hope. Thank You.

trooperdan
10-24-2007, 09:54 AM
45nut, I have known of your troubles and wanted to do something to help but didn't know what to offer or how it would have been recieved. I have felt badly for not oferring help and now I am feeling worse because some have known how to help and have done so! I have a feeling that much more would have been offered if folks were just aware of a need.

No_1
10-24-2007, 12:10 PM
For those that are curious there are many ways to help. Just imagine that you are in his position (unable work, minimal to no income, basic bills to pay) and need to survive. What items would you need? You can send things of amost any nature to Ken via USPS. I had a member send me something to forward to Ken because the member wanted to stay anonymous. Ken's address is available for anyone who's wish is to help. Please remember that it is because of Ken's efforts we are able to have this place as a home.

R.

Ps: Ken, if you need anything just call...

dromia
10-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Sorry to hear things aren't too great for you just now.

There are times in all our lives when we need people, in my experience the ones that step forward in times of need are not always the ones you would expect, but as long as there is someone then that can make the difference.

rugerman1
10-24-2007, 07:59 PM
Anytime
Anyplace
Anything

singleshotbuff
10-24-2007, 08:10 PM
Ken,

I consider you a friend as well, even though we've never met face to face. I'm glad to help in anyway I can, even if it's so trivial as sending leather work your way.

Stay strong.

SSB

kodiak1
10-25-2007, 08:03 PM
To a friend with an unknown face.
Keep up the strong will and good heart.
If there is anything I could do to help, Please ask.
Gods Speed Ken.
Ken.

PatMarlin
10-27-2007, 09:17 AM
I hit some real low points myself the past year Ken, and things have finally brightened up. Hang in there, as this soon shall pass.. :drinks:

We are all family here.. :Fire:

45nut
12-11-2007, 06:18 PM
A bump to the top with more thanks to those out there helping me make it through.
I won't be listing those kind souls because I would certainly miss someone and others have helped anonymously but the ones that have helped know who they are and this thread is for all of you.

Thank You.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/45nut/100_1081.jpg

45nut
01-29-2008, 07:52 PM
Same old story here, just a note to show my appreciation for the great folks that have blessed me with contributions. I really cannot convey how much it means to me but a "thank you" hardly seems enough sometimes. But, Thank You.

bullshot
01-29-2008, 08:18 PM
Ken Kind of new to the board but have had some contact with you. Good impressions,so I'm here. Anything I can do just yell.

45nut
04-09-2008, 02:49 PM
The support I have received recently inspires me to once again let it be known to all how much I appreciate the community that is Cast Boolits.
I hesitate to name individuals simply because the people involved behind the scenes and publicly supporting both this forum and myself exceed simple heartfelt thanks, the reasons they give vary some and the reward is not mine to give when it is all tallied anyway.
I can only be one notch of many on the belts of these great people and I am certainly blessed to be among such fine folks assembled here on this forum even though many of us may never meet in person.
Once again, Thank You and I hope my simple words can somehow convey the many moments I have been deeply touched by the generosity given so freely.

Reloader06
04-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Ken,

It is my experience that you only get as good as you give. While I have not had the pleasure of shareing a cup of coffee with you I think I can speak for atleast a large portion of the people here and say it is an pleasure(not the need, but the ability to assist) if not an honor to do what we can. This is just another example of what America should return to. Just MY half nickle. All the best.

Matt

Bob Krack
04-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Here I am embarrassing myself again!
I have tried to contribute is a small way, seems to have worked out much better than I anticipated.
I am enclosing a one dollar bill in an envelope and in doing so intend to show that a small amount repeated many times can add up to a considerable amount (at least, I hope so)!

Without a personal address, I am sending it to:

Willy Snyder
C/O Gun Loads
Cast Boolits Division
P.O. BOX 2732
Pocatello, ID 83206

Vic

Bret4207
04-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Ken, my thanks go to YOU for helping to provide this place and keep us all on an even keel. You know the garbage I've been going through over the past few months. While you and I may not always agree on every detail, I consider you a comrade and friend. As I just said in another post, hard times may well be coming and sometimes all we have is each other and a little faith to get us through. Thanks for helping bring this family together!:drinks: