PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in AR live South of Little Rock?

Just Duke
09-08-2013, 02:53 AM
Were looking at a Winter ranch/home down that way.
Wunderground says 54 average for the middle of February. Not sure what the rest of the winter is like.
Looks like no open carry.
I wouldn't be able to hunt on my own land seeing I won't be a resident. Others could though.
Thanks in advance,
Duke

hiram1
09-08-2013, 02:35 PM
think about russellville clean city good folks not a lot of thugs or if you want to be in a little town bellville.

Just Duke
09-08-2013, 02:37 PM
think about russellville clean city good folks not a lot of thugs or if you want to be in a little town bellville.

Were looking real rural. Thanks sir.

starmac
09-08-2013, 03:37 PM
How bad are out of state licsenses, it should be good whitetail, squirrel, coon and maybe even hog and some bird hunting.

lightman
09-08-2013, 10:14 PM
I'm a little South of Little Rock. Winters are usually mild, but it can get colder than 54 in Feb. We get very little snow, but occasional freezing rain/ice. Feb is usually our coldest month. Out of state license are not really bad. You are welcome to PM me with other questions, or ask my opinion on your location. Lightman

Just Duke
09-08-2013, 11:46 PM
I'm a little South of Little Rock. Winters are usually mild, but it can get colder than 54 in Feb. We get very little snow, but occasional freezing rain/ice. Feb is usually our coldest month. Out of state license are not really bad. You are welcome to PM me with other questions, or ask my opinion on your location. Lightman

Thank you sir.

mroliver77
09-09-2013, 12:31 AM
I will have to look it up for OH but I I cannot imagine a landowner needing a license on his/her own land even if they are not technically residents.
J

popper
09-09-2013, 12:33 AM
Out of state isn't bad. Get ready for a culture shock. Definitely a good ol boy neighborhood. Generally good to outsiders north of 30/40 due to tourist money. Don't get me wrong, people are nice but it is rural Ar. SW is hilly/swamp. SC is a little flatter. North is hilly & rocky. East is flat marsh. Check out the AR fish & game, I thought they had a temp resident type lic.

starmac
09-09-2013, 01:25 AM
I thought you needed a license on your own land anywhere? unless you are native and on the reservation.

waksupi
09-09-2013, 01:36 AM
I thought you needed a license on your own land anywhere? unless you are native and on the reservation.

Lots of places where there is a landowner exemption.

mroliver77
09-09-2013, 01:52 AM
In OH no license needed for Landowner(Over X amount of acres), spouse or children. Also a tenant that derives their living from the land(farmer) and his/her immediate family are exempt. There are also a few others like active duty military, former pow and a couple others. Really old people get a forever license after a certain age.

grumman581
09-09-2013, 05:01 AM
One of the things about living extremely rural around there is that the ice storms will often take out the electricity for a week. And then if you have a house that is built off the ground, the *hot* water pipes freeze and you find yourself taking VERY COLD showers. These days. generators are readily available, so it's not as much of an issue, but when I used to live a bit south of there many years ago, that was not the the case. Of course, with the power out, your well pump doesn't work either, so you are limited to whatever water your pressure tank holds (not that much).

Nonresident Annual All Game Hunting License (NBG) is $300 per year.
http://www.agfc.com/licenses/pages/licenseshuntingfees.aspx

Just Duke
09-09-2013, 01:29 PM
One of the things about living extremely rural around there is that the ice storms will often take out the electricity for a week. And then if you have a house that is built off the ground, the *hot* water pipes freeze and you find yourself taking VERY COLD showers. These days. generators are readily available, so it's not as much of an issue, but when I used to live a bit south of there many years ago, that was not the the case. Of course, with the power out, your well pump doesn't work either, so you are limited to whatever water your pressure tank holds (not that much).

Nonresident Annual All Game Hunting License (NBG) is $300 per year.
http://www.agfc.com/licenses/pages/licenseshuntingfees.aspx

That's what I was thinking. Oh well.
I just won't pay $300.00 for $50.00 worth the deer meat.

popper
09-09-2013, 02:24 PM
I think I paid ~$75 for a 3 day couple years ago. Oh, pigs are game animals in AR.

lightman
09-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Pigs are not game animals in Ar. No limit and no season. I think a license is required to take them during an active hunting season. Lightman

lksmith
09-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Pigs are not game animals in Ar. No limit and no season. I think a license is required to take them during an active hunting season. Lightman

No license needed to kill piggies, you just can't legally hunt them if your license is revoked