PDA

View Full Version : Members in my state (Maine)

dantoweed64
09-05-2013, 10:46 AM
I'm still new here, but want to know if there is a posting or listing of members by state. May be too much info for prying eyes, but would like to meet, shoot with, and learn from like minded members... dan in Maine

gray wolf
09-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Dan
I would be happy to spend some time with you, shooting, casting, Bs-ing.
I may be to far away up here in the Rangeley area--let me know.
P/S I am 71 so don't expect to do things to fast, ( ha,ha,ha,ha,ha, AHhhh Ha )

sam

jeepyj
09-05-2013, 09:39 PM
I'm in the Old Town area, It's a little busy now but I would like to meet up with some fellow casters in Maine at some point a little later on.
Jeepyj

novalty
09-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Near Sebago Lake here. Curlymaple42 and DukeinMaine are fairly close to where I live too.

I'd love to have some people over sometime to shoot some steel, but it is really hard getting people together with distance and everyone being so busy. My Action Target Plate Rack weighing it at 250lbs, makes it not extremely portable.

Pepe Ray
09-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Bangor gun show this week end in the NEW auditorium.
I'm going Sat. morning.
Will be wearing my Pepe Ray cap and carrying a 3 legged stool. Gun shows, of late, are providing Zero resting spots
except in the food service areas, so I bring my own.

jeepyj
09-06-2013, 05:44 PM
Bangor gun show this week end in the NEW auditorium.
I'm going Sat. morning.
Will be wearing my Pepe Ray cap and carrying a 3 legged stool. Gun shows, of late, are providing Zero resting spots
except in the food service areas, so I bring my own.
Pepe Ray
I'll try to find you this gun show. I'll wear a green "JEEP" hat.
Jeepyj

jrayborn
09-06-2013, 07:12 PM
I'm near Waterville, gonna try to hit Bangor on Sunday.

treadwm
09-06-2013, 08:56 PM
I'm in Brunswick.
I shoot steel a lot of Saturdays at Falmouth Rod & Gun club (http://www.frandg.org/). Open to the public and very friendly group to shoot with.

500MAG
09-06-2013, 09:04 PM
I'm still new here, but want to know if there is a posting or listing of members by state. May be too much info for prying eyes, but would like to meet, shoot with, and learn from like minded members... dan in Maine
See! All of you are all suckers. Dan is probably undercover, working for the Feds, to find all you gun owners in Maine. See how easy it is? BEWARE! :kidding:

jrayborn
09-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Come and take em :)

chboats
09-06-2013, 11:24 PM
500MAG - you may be pulling our chain but I met Gray Wolf and his wife a couple years ago. You would be hard pressed to take away his guns. He might be 71 and appears to be a very gentle sole but I think he is very capable of taking care of himself.

How you doing Sam? Some day I will get back up to Rangeley.

Carl

500MAG
09-07-2013, 08:00 AM
500MAG - you may be pulling our chain but I met Gray Wolf and his wife a couple years ago. You would be hard pressed to take away his guns. He might be 71 and appears to be a very gentle sole but I think he is very capable of taking care of himself.

How you doing Sam? Some day I will get back up to Rangeley.

Carl
I believe that's the case with most of us on the forum.
Charles

treadwm
09-07-2013, 01:29 PM
See! All of you are all suckers. Dan is probably undercover, working for the Feds, to find all you gun owners in Maine. See how easy it is? BEWARE! :kidding:

Lol! If that were true, I can make his job easier. Go to Maine and say Hi to 10 random people. 7 of them own guns and 2 of those will have a CC permit. Done.
Doing something about those guns on the other hand.... um, good luck! :-)

dantoweed64
09-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Sam, thanks! I'm right behind you at 65, so, slow is great. My wife's family, 2 brothers and 5 sisters, all the spouses and kids, take up residence at a place called "summer camp" on Mooselook every summer. But coming by for a visit is not too hard. I'll be in touch...dan

dantoweed64
09-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Yeah, thats true about random contacts, the other three are from "away" and think we are all nuts! which is not necessarily abad thing for people to think! Thanks for all the response. Look forward to meeting you all before too long!

smorin2
09-07-2013, 06:13 PM
Hi Dan,i'm in the Gray/New Gloucester area,i generally shoot at the Androscoggin club but have visited the club in Falmouth.Both clubs have an excellent facilities and the members are very welcoming to newcomers.Good luck.

49FMarlin
04-12-2015, 04:14 PM
I realize this is an old topic,
BUT I'm postin my name here in case theres a secret rack of the 30-30 lever to find another "castor" here in Maine,
im a newbeee just getting my lead together ,
and would like to find someone generous enough to share there knowledge
Im back liven in the town i threw up in as a teen,
a 20 mile lobster crawl inland of portland