PDA

View Full Version : Went To Junk Yard

smokemjoe
10-22-2007, 09:46 PM
I took some scrap to the bone yard today, I had 10 Lbs. of spend primers, With a little talking and their magnet they took them and got a check for $19.30. This was for about 5 years, Wish I had the other 40 years that I throwed away.

targetshootr
10-22-2007, 10:02 PM
That does it, no more tossing cracked cases and spent primers for me. Good thinkin'.

44woody
10-22-2007, 10:47 PM
well here is one I bet not many think of that alot of you throw away and that is tire vale steems they are brass when I am not doing any thing I chuck them up in a drill and take a sharp knife and strip the rubber off them I did a little over 100 lbs of them last year :castmine: 44Woody

shooter575
10-22-2007, 10:49 PM
Scrap prices are Un-be-leaveable. I took small pile of copper to the scraper couple weeks ago.
All of this would fit into a 5 gal bucket about 30 high. Walked out with 183 bucks...cash no less! Prices were 2.40 for #1 copper [clean stuff] #2 was 2.20. That include the burnt wire! Heck years ago some places would not even take that stuff.Lucky to get .15 a lb.
Around here they are steeling catalic converters right out of parking lots.I hear the crackheads are getting 100-125 bucks a pop to some scrapers with no questions asked.
So we are paying for the high prices in brass,lead and insurance...

Goatlips
10-23-2007, 12:38 AM
well here is one I bet not many think of that alot of you throw away and that is tire vale steems they are brass when I am not doing any thing I chuck them up in a drill and take a sharp knife and strip the rubber off them I did a little over 100 lbs of them last year :castmine: 44Woody

D'OH! A gold mine right in front of my eyes, and I put 'em out in the trash!

Great idea Woody, my next big smelt will include the stems too, a good magnet will separate the clips from the brass after skimming, and the rubber will disappear into thin air! [smilie=1:

Goatlips