PDA

View Full Version : Califonia gun owners - Question

Artful
09-02-2013, 08:16 PM
On another thread - which I didn't want to hijack I saw this...

If the current crop of laws pass in California I will be required to turn them over to the State for destruction. We have come a long way my friends.
He was speaking of 15 round M-1 Carbine magazines.

My Question to you - Has no one in a "free" state set up a place where people can cache their magazines and Un-PC firearms for those in oppressed states? And would it be something you would consider - locking your weapons and magazines up until you can press home that those laws did nothing but make law abiding gun owners criminals for no good reason.

Cosmiceyes
09-02-2013, 08:22 PM
On another thread - which I didn't want to hijack I saw this...

He was speaking of 15 round M-1 Carbine magazines.

My Question to you - Has no one in a "free" state set up a place where people can cache their magazines and Un-PC firearms for those in oppressed states? And would it be something you would consider - locking your weapons and magazines up until you can press home that those laws did nothing but make law abiding gun owners criminals for no good reason.

I raised $250,000 which was donated to the NRA Whittington center. I understand it is for the safe storage of my guns! Away from anyone's prying hands.

jmort
09-02-2013, 08:44 PM
"I raised $250,000 which was donated to the NRA Whittington center"

Thank you. Things are really going south here we need good people like you.

Vinne
09-02-2013, 08:55 PM
The last time that law was passed it was for ten years and THEY still will not admit that it was not the problem. How much next time...20 years?? More??? I don't want THEM telling me what to do with my "free time" or making me do without my tools for whatever time they deem fit. What's next...my car, where I live, what I eat, which doctor I see OR what type of work to do and at what pay rate?? Where does it end??? NEVER!!!! This is no way to live and other countrys are moving away from such governments but we are moving right into it. Talk about dumb.

runfiverun
09-02-2013, 09:48 PM
California is a union state.
so they got the wages thing covered, obamacare has the doctor part covered.
they have gas snoopers on the street corners there too they do an emission test on your vehicle at a red light.
the wages thing covers the where you live part too so I won't go there.
like the song say's "freedom is an illusion"

jmort
09-02-2013, 09:59 PM
runfiverun

Have you ever lived in California? You got our "vibe" figured out. Do they have the idiotic California gas cans in Idaho? The ones that won't pour gas unless you depress/compress the "nozzel?" I understand that is one of our "gifts" that is spreading just like our ban on COWWs.

starmac
09-02-2013, 10:05 PM
I'm pretty sure them gas cans are federal now, at least if we want to get gas out of a can we have to go to canada and buy a gas spout these days.

The first time I ran into one a lady called me practically in tears, it was winter 30 below and she had run out of gas. The gas guage does not work in her pickup, hasn't in years and you have to change the pump and all to fix it. She had a new FULL gas can with her, but couldn't get the gas out of it.

Mal Paso
09-02-2013, 11:07 PM
A fellow in Las Vegas advertises on the radio there, will store anything you want in his vaults with full security. Will give you a free tour and a lollipop.

I went without coffee one morning because one of the Redundant Propane Safety Valves stuck. I am now Noncompliant and proud of it!

freebullet
09-02-2013, 11:37 PM
Trouble with having yer eggs in the basket across state line is you don't have them.

"The liberal agenda" = " the gift that keeps on taking"- your rights, your money, your security, & whatever they think of next all "for the children".

Friends don't let friends vote for fairytale land candidates.

Lead Fred
09-03-2013, 12:32 AM
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
Backed by the supreme court's call that ammo and mags are part of firearms protected by the second.

Unconstitutional laws do not have to be obeyed, stash them away until you need them.

SciFiJim
09-03-2013, 12:43 AM
I have family is several "free" states.
Should the need arise to "absent" certain articles from California, they will be stored with family.

starmac
09-03-2013, 01:30 AM
I am pretty sure I would just go with the guns and never look back.

380AUTO
09-03-2013, 03:15 AM
Thanks for looking out for us cosmiceyes!

cbrick
09-03-2013, 07:24 AM
I am pretty sure I would just go with the guns and never look back.

Bingo!

Rick

foesgth
09-03-2013, 12:29 PM
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
Backed by the supreme court's call that ammo and mags are part of firearms protected by the second.

Unconstitutional laws do not have to be obeyed, stash them away until you need them.

Not only that, but, the California constitution states that the Federal Constitution is supreme in California. They know that these laws are not legal. They can however cause many to turn in their gear and those that don't they can turn into felons. I called the offices of some of our “leaders” to voice my feelings about these laws. My local reps said that they would not vote for these laws. They however are in the minority. California, like Detroit, has come under one party rule. I called some of the folks on the “Safety Committee” and voiced my opinion. After I finished my little speech the nice person on the other end thanked me for my input. I then proceeded to ask them to read back to me what they were going to tell the big cheese. They had no idea. My input was just routed directly to the round file. I don't care if you are a Republican, Democrat, Communist, Fascist, or Druid, don't let your State come under one party rule!

mroliver77
09-03-2013, 12:47 PM
I really don't trust either party anymore!

I don't understand about the Whittington center. How does that help us?
J

Duckiller
09-03-2013, 04:02 PM
At a recent gunshow I asked an NRA rep what they were going to do about proposed legislation. His answer was "If it passes he was moving out of State". Makes you want to join and contribute doesn't it.

waksupi
09-03-2013, 04:24 PM
At a recent gunshow I asked an NRA rep what they were going to do about proposed legislation. His answer was "If it passes he was moving out of State". Makes you want to join and contribute doesn't it.

So, an individual should stay in an abusive situation? He's voting with his feet, and taking his guns and money with him.

runfiverun
09-03-2013, 07:07 PM
i have lived there and still have family there.
the issue is, even if you mail it to family "they" still win [you no longer posess it or have it in state]
that means you don't own it, can't own it,won't ever own it, probably won't even visit it again, this sounds just like it was banned and taken away to me.

9w1911
09-03-2013, 08:29 PM
in california I dont tell friends what I have in my gun safe,

Duckiller
09-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Waksupi I don't care what indivuals do. I asked what the NRA was going to do and all he can tell me is he is moving. The Rep is moving and can't even hint at what the organization may do. That implies that the NRA plans on doing nothing other than take our money.

Lead Fred
09-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Me thinks we should call it Crimialfornia.

Only criminals seem to live there, illegal invaders, gun owners, home schoolers.

mroliver77
09-03-2013, 10:22 PM
Waksupi I don't care what indivuals do. I asked what the NRA was going to do and all he can tell me is he is moving. The Rep is moving and can't even hint at what the organization may do. That implies that the NRA plans on doing nothing other than take our money.

I don't think I would judge the whole NRA by the actions of one local yokel.

ElDorado
09-03-2013, 10:38 PM

You call this guy an NRA representative. Was he actually at the gun show to answer questions about the NRA's legal strategy, or was he just a member volunteering his time to sign up new members? He was probably the latter, and was giving you his personal opinion and not the NRA's official recommendations.

Duckiller
09-04-2013, 01:12 AM
He was in an NRA booth with a NRA shirt on. Don't care if this was his first show as a volunteer or he was $100,000.00/ year staff. The way he answered my questions he should not have been in the booth. His answer should have been, "We will do everything possible to convince the legislature not to pass these proposals. We will examine in detail any that are enacted into law to see if it is reasonable to fight in court." There are lots of bad laws but not all can effectively be fought in court as soon as they are passed. Sometimes you have to wait for a case with the right circumstances to challenge a law. If in passing he happened to mention that he was a volunteer at retirement age and if any of these proposals pass into law he would move out of state, that would have been reasonable. His only option of moving if passed didn't build confidence in the organization.

MtGun44
09-04-2013, 01:01 PM
The best solution is to seek a life in a free state. Sorry to be so harsh, and I
was born in CA, and have many friends there, and a few relatives still alive, but not
a chance I would ever consider living there now, sad to say.

Bill

Springfield
09-04-2013, 02:38 PM
The trouble is, once things get passed in a large state like California it emboldens the anti-gunners in ALL states. Eventually there will be no place to move TO. Best to stay and fight.

waksupi
09-04-2013, 03:50 PM
He was in an NRA booth with a NRA shirt on. Don't care if this was his first show as a volunteer or he was $100,000.00/ year staff. The way he answered my questions he should not have been in the booth. His answer should have been, "We will do everything possible to convince the legislature not to pass these proposals. We will examine in detail any that are enacted into law to see if it is reasonable to fight in court." There are lots of bad laws but not all can effectively be fought in court as soon as they are passed. Sometimes you have to wait for a case with the right circumstances to challenge a law. If in passing he happened to mention that he was a volunteer at retirement age and if any of these proposals pass into law he would move out of state, that would have been reasonable. His only option of moving if passed didn't build confidence in the organization.

Sounds like a good idea if you would volunteer for the position.

Ed Barrett
09-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Sounds to me like if your vote doesn't mean much in California then vote vote with your feet. If you move to any of the "good" states don't bring any anti gun people with you.