PDA

View Full Version : Cz 527

larry4831
09-02-2013, 03:13 AM
Just purchased a new in box CZ 527. The barrel is not centered in the fore end. This is very unsightly to me, but not only that when the barrel heats up it might touch. The barrel is free floating. Any easy way to fix this? It really takes away from the appearance. Have not fired it yet don't have the money yet for a scope.

PB234
09-02-2013, 08:26 AM
Call CZ and tell them of your problem. They are supposed to have good customer service. CZ is usually a terrific rifle. Let them fix it. Why mess with it yourself prior to determining if they will take care of it?

whopist
09-02-2013, 01:05 PM
Just purchased a new in box CZ 527. The barrel is not centered in the fore end. This is very unsightly to me, but not only that when the barrel heats up it might touch. The barrel is free floating. Any easy way to fix this? It really takes away from the appearance. Have not fired it yet don't have the money yet for a scope.

Try this:
Loosen the two screws that hold the action in the stock about one or two turns.
The center the barrel in the fore end of stock as best you can.
Tighten the screws and see if you are happy with results.

Good luck!
Whopist

larry4831
09-02-2013, 09:31 PM
Thank you all for your help

Jeff H
09-04-2013, 10:39 PM
I'm with Whopist. Mine was not seated properly in the stock when I got it. They are a little different to reassemble because of the magazine latch and if you don't hold your mouth just right, it's easy to reassemble things a bit askew.

Absolutely fantastic little rifle all the same. I wish I'd bought several when they were cheap - not so very long ago.

Try this:
Loosen the two screws that hold the action in the stock about one or two turns.
The center the barrel in the fore end of stock as best you can.
Tighten the screws and see if you are happy with results.

Good luck!
Whopist

waco
09-09-2013, 06:03 PM
I have one in .221 Fireball and love it!
Great piece of walnut too!
Very accurate, handy little walk around varmint gun.

koehlerrk
09-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Mine is in 204 Ruger... awesomely accurate little rifle. Also, pay attention to the manual if you try to adjust the trigger... you can really screw it up unless you follow the directions. That's how I got mine as cheap as I did, the first owner tweaked the trigger and made it horrible to shoot. I took over an hour adjusting it "by the book" and now it's a thing of beauty.

I mention this because you have to dismount the action from the stock to adjust the trigger, so if you're doing that anyways....