PDA

View Full Version : Excellent cutomer service---RUGER

snuffy
09-02-2013, 01:23 AM
Upon getting my CCW, I got a Ruger LC9 for my carry pistol.

Right out of the box, I had trouble with it miss firing, FTF. The primer strike looked strange. I tracked it down to the presence of brass from the primer cup getting into the firing pin hole/channel. Apparently as it unlocked, it was shearing tiny shards of brass from the primers. This cushioned the firing pin strike. Cleaning made it shoot okay for maybe 20 rounds. Then the problems returned.

So I went on the Ruger site, got to the cust. serv., wrote a letter explaining the situation. The next day they returned my answer, which was they were shipping me a new slide, I should use a return envelope to ship the old slide back to them!

The new slide arrived on 08/28 with a pre-paid envelope in with the new slide. Swapped it out and sent the old one right back

Today was range day, I shot about 40 rounds through it, the last four I recovered the brass. Nice round primer strikes, it's fixed!

I suspect this was a known problem, although I haven't heard of it yet. It didn't look like the FP hole was oversized, that would cause the primer to extrude into an oversized hole.

sheepdog01
09-02-2013, 02:43 AM
Ruger is a great company!!

DougGuy
09-02-2013, 04:17 AM
They will go well beyond what most of would consider the "norm" to not only fix an issue, but make sure the customer is happy with what they did. Ruger Customer Service is #1 in the industry!

contender1
09-02-2013, 09:35 AM
Many of us know how good Ruger is about fixing any issue that arises, if it is their fault, (and some that aren't their fault.)
I'm actually surprised they didn't ask for the return of the entire gun to go over all of it to double check things. Still, a good call. I doubt it was a known issue or at least a very low return problem. It's the first I've heard about this type of issue.
Still, Ruger is one of the best going!

redneckdan
09-02-2013, 10:34 AM
In college I tended a herd of roooooger MK II & III as well as a GP 100. The 22s saw about 1000 rounds a week per unit. We were buying ammo by the pallet. Walmart would order it for us an knock off 10% for the bulk quantity. Usually came out to about $6 a brick, this being the mud 2000s. We'd take delivery of a pallet Labor Day weekend, thanksgiving Christmas and spring break. Anyway, these firearms saw a lot of action. The ROs would get together once a month to clean. You can imagine what results when a bunch of budding engineers get together over beer to maintain intricate machinery. I ended up sending a lot of pistols back over the years.

After the first couple times, Steve who is one of the head dudes in AZ, called trying to figure out *** was happening in Michigans yoop. I laid out the long version over the phone and he said never to worry about sending stuff back, call first and they'd send prepaid mailers. Over the years a couple were engineered beyond repair, ruger gave us new ones. I've had nothing but good experience with them.

snuffy
09-02-2013, 12:26 PM
I've been a Ruger man since my first revolver, a .357 mag, 9mm blackhawk convertible. (Which I still have, bought in 1973.)

The LC9 slips easily into my jeans pocket, I seldom even feel it's in there. I shot it @ 7 yards yesterday, I was able to keep all shots inside a peel & paste stickum target, the bull is 6 inches. Certainly center of mass on a BG.

My guess that Ruger knew of a problem with the LC9 stems from their response to not require the entire pistol to evaluate. They admitted nothing, just send the old slide back.

bear67
09-02-2013, 01:56 PM
I am always pleased with my Rugers and having owned them since the beginning I have never needed customer service, except with a bad magazine years ago which they replaced immediately.

That is also why I own Ruger stock and it has performed very well in the last 2 years also. You all keep on buying this great American product!