PDA

View Full Version : If it wasn't for Jim

09-01-2013, 08:33 AM
If it wasn't for Jim's advice and encouragement I wouldn't be casting and reloading today. He took me under his wing and got me started. I'll bet there are many others he has helped.

richhodg66
09-01-2013, 10:11 AM
Jim's a great guy. Every single one of his posts guaranteed to inspire, uplift or entertain. We could sure use more guys like him here.

RobS
09-01-2013, 10:11 AM
Jim out there in Virgina does seem like a darn nice guy. I use to live out in Virginia but didn't know of this site back then (maybe it didn't exist). Non the less I still enjoy reading his posts.

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-01-2013, 10:18 AM
I wouldn't know what's going on in Floyd ;)

I love hearing/seeing stories and photo's of things such as a shooting event or the mentoring he does.

Jim...a great American !

Bzcraig
09-01-2013, 10:25 AM
If it wasn't for Jim, this site would have less personality. He is one of those guys who will just put it out there for OUR benefit or enjoyment even if it was poking fun at himself. Think purple tights and yellow camo!

Jim
09-01-2013, 10:42 AM
.....Think purple tights and yellow camo!

Y'all just keep right on bringin' that up. Every time ya' do, I gonna' flash ya'.

Bzcraig
09-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Y'all just keep right on bringin' that up. Every time ya' do, I gonna' flash ya'.

Now that is EXACTLY what I'm talking about! Even tho my eyes won't recover for hours, I did laugh out loud!

oldred
09-01-2013, 11:28 AM
If this thread is just a thinly disguised attempt to lure Jim back here then COUNT ME IN!!! Come on back Jim we miss you!

41 mag fan
09-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Truck looks clean!!!

Jim
09-01-2013, 11:31 AM
If this thread is just a thinly disguised attempt to lure Jim back here then COUNT ME IN!!! Come on back Jim we miss you!

I'm here. I break 61 tomorrow an' movin' a little slower than I used to, but I'm here.

wallenba
09-01-2013, 11:34 AM

Say... wasn't he 'Dr. Jacoby' on twin peaks? Same fashion sense. http://twinpeaks.wikia.com/wiki/Lawrence_Jacoby

SharpsShooter
09-01-2013, 11:35 AM
I believe we should nominate him for sainthood LOL. Purple briches and all.

Y'all are going to have to me out on what he should be the patron saint of??

SS

fatelk
09-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Jim, I gotta say you remind me a little of my father-in-law (also Jim). He's a bit older than you (almost 80) but he's currently whitewater river rafting in Alaska on an extended honeymoon with his new bride. :)

Here's a comment not just for Jim but for all the regulars who "keep it real" here: you all are the ones who give this site the laid-back family atmosphere it has (at least more so than other sites). I don't participate often, but I appreciate the humor and camaraderie here.

Thank you.

starmac
09-01-2013, 12:32 PM
One thing about it, them coon huntin virginia hillbillys are all about fashion statements. lol

km101
09-01-2013, 12:37 PM
Truck looks clean!!!

Dang, I hadn't even realized that there was a truck back there! The first time I saw the pic. I was too dazzled to notice anything in the background!

Jim, you gotta start importing those longjohns! I need a couple of pairs!

Hickory
09-01-2013, 12:42 PM
I don't know if you guys know this or not, but Jim doesn't carry a gun while coon hunting when wearing his New Zealand hunting outfit. He doesn't need one.;) When the coon fall out of the trees from laughing, Jim just clubs them with a stick.:bigsmyl2:

Just kidden Jim.

Bzcraig
09-01-2013, 12:59 PM
I believe we should nominate him for sainthood LOL. Purple briches and all.

Y'all are going to have to me out on what he should be the patron saint of??
SS

That's easy......patron saint of "Virginia Coon Huntin"

starmac
09-01-2013, 01:01 PM
Easier and cheaper that way, you don't need them expensive coon dogs either. They just walk around the woods shining the light on Jim and listen for the coons laugh. Them coons are gettin smarter though and are trying not to look.

Jim
09-01-2013, 03:12 PM
I don't know if you guys know this or not, but Jim doesn't carry a gun while coon hunting when wearing his New Zealand hunting outfit. He doesn't need one.;) When the coon fall out of the trees from laughing, Jim just clubs them with a stick.:bigsmyl2:

Just kidden Jim.

Hey, saves money on ammo an' havin' to pack a rifle, right?

I'm jus' sayin'.....

foesgth
09-01-2013, 11:12 PM
I'm here. I break 61 tomorrow an' movin' a little slower than I used to, but I'm here.

Happy Birthday! I understand the first 100 is the hardest.

Bzcraig
09-02-2013, 12:43 AM
Happy Birthday! I understand the first 100 is the hardest.

I got so excited that you were back, I just realized I neglected the Happy 61st Birthday Jim!

scottiemom
09-02-2013, 08:19 AM
Truck looks clean!!!

that's just the outside....you don't even want to know what the inside looks like....

41 mag fan
09-02-2013, 09:08 AM
I've seen the inside of that truck!! I swear I thought I saw alien slime on the seats and dash.....and a depends diaper box behind the seat!!!

Jim
09-02-2013, 09:15 AM
The slime is Dolly's slobber and the box has assorted 12 gauge shells in it for my sawed off truck gun.

41 mag fan
09-02-2013, 09:28 AM
OH Sure...always an excuse....admittance to alien abductions and probing is the beginning of the healing process Jim!!!

Rick N Bama
09-02-2013, 01:08 PM
If it wasn't for Jim's advice and encouragement I wouldn't be casting and reloading today. He took me under his wing and got me started. I'll bet there are many others he has helped.

There sure are others that have helped the Tenderfoots get started! One spotted me on another forum, took me under his wing with advice, supplies & such things as working on some of my molds to "make them behave". Unless I hear different I think he would probably want to remain anonymous and so it shall be. He's a fine gentleman that I'm proud to call Friend even though we've never met face to face.

Rick