PDA

View Full Version : Guess the world has changed since I looked

unclogum bill
08-30-2013, 12:41 PM
In my day you didn't pull the trigger with out a reason. Oh I shot squirrels and rabbits, but I ate them, shot a fox that wanted my chickens bad, But today it seems if you have a gun and a chance, well you gotta kill. Few years back at a Montana gun range a guy wanted to bet me 10 bucks I could not hit a butterfly that had landed on the target board. Honestly it was an easy shot, but I declined. I mean why?. I mean I read posts where I guy thinks he is a champ for shooting a Coyote working a field at 35 yards. I ask why? Would the mice, rats, rabbits stirred up by his tractor helped any one but a hunger predator, Yep Predator, not varmint. I see a post where a guy has a mind set to kill a possum in town and needs quite load to do it. Heck if its bothering you run up and when he "plays dead" put him in a sack and move him to the woods. I garentee you aren't going to eat him. Another guy posted he doesn't go in the woods without a large rifle: and his 9mm without a 16 load clip in it. Aw heck, No Words. Another guy posted he brings a pair of 38's as back up so he don't run out if he drops his rifle. Am I the only one who feels a singe shot rifle might be all a man needs when hunting. My folks came here in 1732, landed in Philadelphia off the ship "Mary". We married into the Cherokee tribe so maybe I could say I have been here forever. Have the game in the woods grow tougher, bigger or are people living in a world I can't, refuse to see.

hiram1
08-30-2013, 01:21 PM
Sir i think you voted for the obummer.Have a nice day.

jcwit
08-30-2013, 01:29 PM
Bill I understand where you're coming from. Life has little meaning in todays world.

Before anyone posts otherwise, NO I did not vote for bummer.

WILCO
08-30-2013, 01:35 PM

Well said Sir. Well said.

starmac
08-30-2013, 01:35 PM
My take is that being that the guy shot the coyote off of a tractor, he would be a farmer rancher type with plenty reason to kill every coyote they see.

As far as the opossum, I doubt the guy would eat it, but there are too many people that do for any guarantees.

There are several reasons to kill animals besides just food.

unclogum bill
08-30-2013, 01:41 PM

Lord give me strength to realize that guns don't make all of us equal, just makes some of us feel good bout ourselves. Now if you went to the outhouse , would you need to use all the paper or just what you need. But somehow you need to inject politics here. I don't and wont. If that's all you see is arab bears and terrorists when you walk tall in the woods , bring a pack mule for extra ammo . Bless your heart.

WILCO
08-30-2013, 01:50 PM
Lord give me strength to realize that guns don't make all of us equal, just makes some of us feel good bout ourselves. Now if you went to the outhouse , would you need to use all the paper or just what you need. But somehow you need to inject politics here. I don't and wont. If that's all you see is arab bears and terrorists when you walk tall in the woods , bring a pack mule for extra ammo . Bless your heart.

24 posts total.

USAFrox
08-30-2013, 01:53 PM

Ouch, Hiram! Them's fightin' words among thinkin' folks. Careful, there!

Bill is just lamenting old values where you didn't kill things just for sport. I think maybe he went overboard with the coyote thing (as the guy on the tractor probably owns the land, and coyotes are pests that oftentimes go after chickens and other livestock). If I were the guy on the tractor and saw a coyote on my land, I'd kill it without a second thought. Same with rattlesnakes. If they are on my land, I kill them, no second thought needed (just killed one last week, as a matter of fact). I have a wife and three children that I'd not want to get bitten.

But I do see where Bill is coming from. I don't kill things that aren't pests, unless I'm going to eat them. So I can see both sides. Let's just take a step back and not hurl insults where they aren't warranted.

waksupi
08-30-2013, 02:01 PM
This looks like a case of trolling. If I see any more of it, organize a farewell party. We don't need it on this forum. I'm inclined to take pre-emptive action.

375RUGER
Why do you hunt with a rifle instead of long bow like the rest of the tribe?

jcwit
24 posts total.

So he has 24 posts. How many did you have during your 1st month of being a member?