PDA

View Full Version : Help with international orders

valhalla
08-29-2013, 04:14 AM
Hi, newbie to this great site. I live in South Africa and a keen caster with what I can get. Does anyone know of small exporters that are willing to ship items like molds, lubricant etc in small quantities.

Many of the USA manufacturers are not interested in that business. Our importers this side deal only with the big guys in USA and have no interest in ordering for example a custom mold in .303 British from a US manufacturer.

Charles

sthwestvictoria
08-29-2013, 04:25 AM
I am in Australia and have had trouble free shipping from Titan Reloading (mostly Lee gear) - they are a sponsor of this site. Postage has been very sensible and prompt for it to come out to Australia.
I have also had good dealings with Madcommando.com, again hassle free shipping to Australia, prompt and they always answer emails. I believe Blammer, member here is happy to ship his copper GC internationally.

I have not but I believe other members here have had molds shipped to Australia as part of the group buys.
I do not try to purchase brass, projectiles from the US as I need a Australian customs form, not worth it for small things.

nodda duma
08-29-2013, 06:09 AM
A medium flat rate box to south africa is $50 (~520 ZAR) shipping, and can hold up to 20 lbs of stuff. That's the cheapest I've seen. If you could get someone to ship some items to you, that might be your best bet for small, uncontrolled items.

Have you checked through your local shops?

JeffinNZ
08-29-2013, 06:14 AM
Buffalo Arms are good to deal with.

SciFiJim
08-30-2013, 01:25 AM
On one of the group buys I honchoed in the past, a customer from South Africa ordered a mold. He had a "reshipping" company in Florida as a mail drop that received his mail and shipped it to him more securely than the regular mail. According to him, it was a less than even bet on receiving goods shipped in the regular mail.

Sorry, but I don't remember the company. It was several years ago.

valhalla
09-08-2013, 09:55 AM
Thanks! I just want to thank all the replies. It gives one something to work with.