PDA

View Full Version : .22LRs for kids, for lead

40-82 hiker
08-25-2013, 11:37 PM
Our sport is in serious trouble due to lack of .22s for kids. Are the kids not the future of the shooting sport? I know many people who are lamenting the lack of .22s, but I don't have one of those boolits in the house. Used to buy them by the thousands when our kids were young, and they'd shoot for hours with us. Now? Just find a .22!

So, here is my proposal:

This is a trade of sorts, but not for me, for kids (via parents of course) needing .22s to shoot.

Do you have at least 250 rounds of .22s, or a basement full?

I will mail at my expense, a SFRB with at least 12 pounds of range lead ingots or COWW ingots (muffins and corncobs) to you in trade for at least 250 rounds of .22LRs (more if you want to give more!) you GIVE to a family needing .22s for an outing of shooting. That should be enough .22s at least for a bit of fun on an afternoon with Mom/Dad (as long as the kids are doing the shooting, not watching).

I ask:

You have at least 25 posts. There are those, unfortunately...
There is an understanding the .22s are for shooting, not hoarding (they are free for the shooting, so shoot!).
The family does not have .22s to shoot (heck, who doesn't know those in such a situation).
The .22s are not for your kids.
* No first "I'll take it". Just "PM sent" and a little about who you intend the .22s for. I'll pick. *
Don't know how long this will run. Depends on response.

Oh heck, you get the idea. I don't know how this is going to work out, but I think this is worth trying. I do not have money to throw at this, but if some of my lead, and $5.80 postage can accomplish this, with your .22s, then that is great in my book.

Thanks,
Bob

swamp
08-26-2013, 12:23 AM
Bob,
Do you know anyone in this situation? I don't know anyone with kids. If you do I will bring a box with me on Tues. No lead needed.

swamp

roscottjr
08-26-2013, 12:45 AM
I could almost go either direction with this one. I could use some more lead and would give some 22s myself but only have about 80 rounds at the moment. My kids love to shoot the 22 rifles but until I find more 22lr ammo we just shoot my SKS. They like it too except for the noise, lol. I have noticed it appears things are starting to pick up around us, hopefully 22s will be back on the shelves soon.

plmitch
08-26-2013, 01:00 AM
Interesting topic here, have to watch where it goes.

40-82 hiker
08-26-2013, 01:18 AM
Bob,
Do you know anyone in this situation? I don't know anyone with kids. If you do I will bring a box with me on Tues. No lead needed.

swamp

Thanks! Yes I do, but I have to ask his parents first. I'll ask tomorrow. Still need to get in touch with you via PM on time and place Tues.

Bob

Lead Fred
08-26-2013, 03:43 AM
We use pellet guns here. My Daughter and Grand Son were over this weekend, and they shot both the 20 cal Sheridan, and the 22 cal Crosman. A good time was had by all.

Im saving my 22s for when I need it

dgribble
08-31-2013, 12:07 PM
I've got 250 22's to donate,and you can give the lead to somebody who needs it.i like the sight and have gained alot of useful info from it.just let me know where to mail the ammo

40-82 hiker
08-31-2013, 12:15 PM
Thanks! However, don't try to mail the ammo. Too expensive, if you can find someone who CAN mail it for you. Intended for you all to find the "kid(s)".

PM sent

plmitch
09-06-2013, 10:34 PM
How is this working out?

DRNurse1
09-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Great offer, 40-82 hiker.

I gave a case to my club's youth program last year thinking I could replace it at Christmas. Ooops. I was also too late to replace it at Perry this year.

My current plan is to add to my stash of .22LR as I can locate sleeves/ cases of cartridges and keep the stuff that works in my guns and give the rest to my club's youth program. A little more stingy than I want to be but it revolves around my family and I continuing to compete and practice.

+1 to Lead Fred on pellet practice, but we still need rounds for practice ans competition. How old can you be if you want to enlist (again)? I am old enough to forget that 'NAVY' means 'never again volunteer yourself,' but if I can shoot some more it might be worth it.

mroliver77
09-12-2013, 09:51 AM
I don't know anybody with kids that shoot! They are all jocks these days.

We have had no luck with cheaper air rifle shooting accurately. Every one I or friends get are horrible!
J

Bzcraig
09-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Like some others, I don't know any kids with parents who shoot or are interested in shooting otherwise I would love to take them out myself. If anyone here is close enough to me and could use some 22 for your CHILDREN, pm me, grown up kids don't count.

bangerjim
09-12-2013, 11:22 AM
I don't know anybody with kids that shoot! They are all jocks these days.

We have had no luck with cheaper air rifle shooting accurately. Every one I or friends get are horrible!
J

Try airsoft sniper rifles! The are very accurate. 100-200 bucks.

bangerjim

roscottjr
09-12-2013, 03:02 PM
I have five kids and they all like to shoot, problem is we cant find any ammo in our area and I don't think there are any members here close to us. We have the rifles but no ammo.

Robert

WhiteCrane
12-28-2013, 06:32 PM
If anyone here is in central washington and nee some .22 for their kids, I have a little stash. I would be willing to sacrifice a box of ammo for some needy kids.