PDA

View Full Version : Magtech Brass ?

corvette8n
10-19-2007, 02:14 PM
is this stuff good, bad, as far as useful life?
looking at some 45 Colt.

Maven
10-19-2007, 02:46 PM
'vette8n, I'll be loading the last 50pc.'s (out of 100) of .44mag. MagTech brass next week. I got 10 - 11 reloads from the first 50 using 8gr. Unique and 12gr. B. Dot (one time), but I did anneal after the 8th or 9th firing. Actually, the first 50 (now only 48) are still good for a few more reloads, but neck splits are more frequent now, in spite of annealing them. The longevity of Starline brass is about the same in my experience.

Buckshot
10-20-2007, 10:07 PM
...............Mag-Tech i smade by CBC in Brazil. It's 1st class brass. Back in the mid-early 90's it was about the only boxer primed 6.5x55 besides Norma that I'd ever seen. Century Int'l had it. It is correct for the Swede and not warmed over .473" Mauser headsized stuff. I still have several batches of 20 with well over 20 firings each. They get annealed about every 6th firing.

I also use Mag-Tech 32ga brass shotshells to make cases for my Comblain carbine. The chamber has no neck, yet the cases are necked to hold the boolit. When fired, the necks naturally blow out to fit the chamber. This is a tremendous amound of sizing, yet I have not lost a case yet. I anneal them every 4th firing. If 2 cases so dissimilar as the 6.5 Swede and a 32 ga shotshell have performed so well, I'd suspect any of their brass woul dbe 1st coach.

.................Buckshot