PDA

View Full Version : Competition!

WineMan
10-19-2007, 11:52 AM
I stopped by a chain tire store yesterday before work (the one with the large tire shape as their logo).

I asked for any used wheel weights, they said that the EXCIDE battery guy had just taken 100 lb and was giving scrap prices for the lead.

Bummer! Not only is our precious resource getting harder to find, but the big boys are also getting into the act.

I guess I will go for a Die-Hard for my next battery...

Dave

Misfire99
10-19-2007, 01:16 PM
I found a local tire store that sells them for $8 a bucket. A bucket has about forty pounds. But a lot of it is old lug nuts valve stems and anything the installer threw into the bucket. I could only get one bucket because that was all there was after others bought them out. I have no place to get linotype, other then midway, so it look like slim pickens from here on.

Scrounger
10-19-2007, 01:21 PM
I found a local tire store that sells them for $8 a bucket. A bucket has about forty pounds. But a lot of it is old lug nuts valve stems and anything the installer threw into the bucket. I could only get one bucket because that was all there was after others bought them out. I have no place to get linotype, other then midway, so it look like slim pickens from here on.

If you could melt down Slim Pickens (assuming he's still with us), you'd be set for a year or two. How about Rosie O'Donnell...

waksupi
10-19-2007, 01:39 PM
You can't melt down Slim Pickens. He was cremated, and the mountainman association spread his ashes in the Wind River Mountains years ago.

Scrounger
10-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Good actor. His humor enhanced a lot of movies.

jhalcott
10-19-2007, 09:36 PM
The SMELL from melting Rosie would make EVERY ONE sick!

brshooter
10-19-2007, 09:53 PM
Yeah, but seeing sarcastic boiling fat such as Rosie would be soooooo nice.......

floodgate
10-19-2007, 10:58 PM
Scrounger:

I can still close my eyes and see him in "Dr. Strangelove", riding that nuke down into Siberia, hollering "YIPPEE!", spurring it and fanning it with his ten-gallon hat like a bronc rider.

floodgate

WineMan
10-20-2007, 06:50 PM
I thought his portrayal Taggert in "Blazing Saddles" was pretty funny. "Someone's goin to have to go back and get a whole S*** load of dimes"

rvpilot76
10-21-2007, 04:50 AM
If you could melt down Slim Pickens (assuming he's still with us), you'd be set for a year or two. How about Rosie O'Donnell...

You can't melt R.O'D; everyone knows she's just made of hot air. Hey, with all that air and fat, she might make a good flux, not considering the smell, of course!

Kevin

Sundogg1911
10-22-2007, 11:37 AM
how could you tell Her apart from the rest of the Dross?

10-22-2007, 01:10 PM
get all you can today because it may not be avablr tommorw. stoped by a lpace while out of town 3 mo ago. the man gave me 2 1/2 5 gal bucket full. stoped by there sat. the man is gone and so are the ww. they now have a contract with there bat co to get them. get all you can.