PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Remington model 710 in 30-06

birch
08-23-2013, 03:41 AM
I have an old friend who just picked up a nearly new remington 710. He doesnt shoot much, and asked me to see if anyone has one and what can be expected out of the rifle. For me, It takes a couple of hundred rounds before I can really say what a rifle can do.

I know they made two types of the 710. This one has the solid extruded receiver.

Roosters
08-23-2013, 07:03 AM
Was a Recall on the 710 for the safety. Below is a link to Remington’s site where you can punch in the serial number to check. Recall has been around awhile but still might not hurt to run the numbers..

http://www.remington.com/en/pages/news-and-resources/safety-center/710-safety-notice.aspx

I don’t own one and haven't shot one so can’t help with your original question but I did remember the recall.

alrighty
08-25-2013, 02:20 PM
I bought one used in 30-06 from a friend needing money.It came from the factory with a scope.I did try it out and found it to be decent hunting accuracy.It would shoot 2.0" groups@ 100yds. with factory Remington 180 gr SPCL .I only carried it out shooting one time though but I would think groups could be much better but I personally did not want to invest much time in it.I was contemplating giving the rifle to my niece who has had my 25-06 on loan now for the last couple of years.With the terrible trigger pull and the rough feel of the action I could not bring myself to give the rifle to her.I found another Ruger 25-06 77v for myself and let her have my old one.
Hopefully your friend will have a different opinion.