PDA

View Full Version : The little things - Thank you EMC45

Four-Sixty
08-20-2013, 08:48 PM
Tonight the power went out in both my and EMC45's neighborhood. (we live about 300 yards from each other)

We chatted about the power and the ETA for the service to be back on. Since the Wife just started diner on the electric stove, we opted to head out for a bite. Off we went.

5 minutes down the road I get a text from EMC45 that the power was already on. It hit me like a shart, the STOVE WAS STILL ON. Back home we went to the objections of the kids. At the house the pot was boiling away. Had EMC45 not texted me that the power was on I'm sure there would have been some smoke damage if not a fire when I returned. Before we left we heard the power would be out another hour or two. That pot could have burned away for more than an hour.

Thanks for the heads up EMC45. I didn't have to pay to eat our either!

portlybowlofpigfat
08-20-2013, 09:18 PM
good catch before something bad happened . i try to remember turn off the main breaker in an outage to prevent these little disasters

John Allen
08-20-2013, 09:41 PM
If he was a real friend he would have had dinner ready for you by the time you got home!

EMC45
08-21-2013, 07:32 AM
If he was a real friend he would have had dinner ready for you by the time you got home!

My power was out too.....8-) I coulda knocked together some mean crackers and cheese for him! It was no sweat Chris. Divine Intervention like I said Sir.

1Shirt
08-21-2013, 01:03 PM
Even a blind hog will occiasionaly find an Acorn! Great catch!
1Shirt!