PDA

View Full Version : Free to a good "New Reloader" home

500MAG
08-18-2013, 07:22 PM
I've got a few items that I would like to go to a new Reloader that is in need. I know that times have been tough and I also know that reloading and shooting has always been an outlet for me when I was going through rough times. In the spirit of JonB's idea, I would like you to give a reason for the need or your story. I will not give all the items to one person. Next Sunday, August 25th, I will pick who will get each item.
Lee 35 Remington 2 die set
Lee 40 S&W 3 die set
Lyman 270 two die set
Lyman No. 55 powder measure (no lid)

Good Luck!

NewbieDave007
08-18-2013, 09:07 PM
Very nice! Great job!

bersa380
08-19-2013, 09:02 PM
I would like to have the 40 s&w dies to load ammo for a friend and give to him when he finally gets setup with a press.

mikeyjones
08-19-2013, 11:12 PM
Really nice of you!!

Cag40Navy
08-19-2013, 11:33 PM
I would like to take the 35 Remington dies. Don't know if my here counts but I have a story...

Many moons ago, a man had roamed the mountains as a mountain man in the area of what is now Colorado. He was brought out by his father to learn the trade of being a trapper for beaver furs and buffalo hunting. For that time, he had some trusty guns that he relied on for certain jobs. When he wasn't trapping or hunting, he was with is family. Being in a rural area meant knowing your land like the back of your hand. One time, there was a cattleman who took claim to the land and saw only 1 family lived here. He would give them warning and if he didn't leave this cattleman's "land" then he would kill him and rape n' pillage his wife and daughters and his goods. Well, the man opened up his bible and prayed upon the lord to figure what to do. The lord guided him to a lookout point with his Remington rifle. The cattleman and his group came to his home. The man prayed over his rifle and said "Lord, let thee guide my shot". He looked down his sights and let the bullet fly. It hit its target each time. The range was measured to be 400 yrds. He was safe for many more years. Fast forward today. This particular gun with a few others were found in the attic of an old house with an old log and bible. These were tracked back to my great-grand father. This was when we also looked through my grand fathers collection to find a few of the great-grandfathers guns as well. This was found in his log. While shortened, it truly showed what life was like then in a place like that.

That's my story.

Bzcraig
08-19-2013, 11:37 PM
500....your act of generosity is one of the reasons this site is so successful. Good on ya!

500MAG
08-22-2013, 07:56 PM
One bump. Few days left.

number7tn
08-23-2013, 03:48 AM
very nice 500MAG, that is what makes this site the best on the innerweb.

i do have a very good young friend that would love that powder mesure. he could also really use some 40s&w dies but i see bersa380 already said he could use them to load for a friend.
anyway i feel honered to even post in this section , and if you would consider my friend for the powder mesure i would be deeply honered , also i would give all credit to you , and i would make a lid for it or try and order one for him and tell him its a gift from you to him and ill tell him if he ever upgrades to help someone else out with it.
anyway wheather you consider him or not is fine , i just wanna say thank you and thank you to every member that helps out someone in need.
hope you have a great weekend comming up.
GOD BLESS
Darrell

jsheyn
08-23-2013, 09:30 AM
I wold love the powder measure

Cag40Navy
08-23-2013, 10:12 PM
@number7tm

If you get it, let me know the size and ill see if we cant either get you or fashion a lid for it so your friend has a new, usable powder measure.

number7tn
08-23-2013, 11:37 PM
@number7tm

If you get it, let me know the size and ill see if we cant either get you or fashion a lid for it so your friend has a new, usable powder measure.

ok i sure will, i might have a lid that will fit , if not ill let you know if i get it. thanks i sure appriciate that .
have a great weekend my friend, thanks again.
GOD BLESS
Darrell

BrassMagnet
08-24-2013, 10:03 AM
Lyman still sells parts for the #55 Powder measure!
$1 for the reservoir lid plus $4 for shipping!
That is a great chance to buy some Lyman mold repair kits and other parts!

bersa380
08-25-2013, 01:27 AM
If no one else is intrested in the 270 dies I could definately put them to good use.

number7tn
08-25-2013, 02:34 AM
thanks for posting that info BrassMagnet, i could use a few mould repair kits anyway, i got my fingers crossed i get it for him , ill order that lid , maybe a new hopper and ill probably take it all apart and wire brusn it n polish the inside with steel wool and paint it. ill try and find the closest color paint , looks like a chevy orange would be close. if i get picked. i know he will be super hhappy. ill even see if i can get a stand for it.

i got a lee press i broke the linkage on im gonna order parts for n give it to him also.

hope everyone has a great day, good luck. i got my fingers crossed.
GOD BLESS
Darrell

500MAG
08-25-2013, 07:06 PM
The 40 s&w & 270 dies will go to Bersa380, the 35 Remington dies to Cag40Navy and the powder measure to Number7tn. Hope you guys can put them to good use.

Larry D.
09-07-2013, 11:55 PM
That powder measure would go a long way towards helping a new reloader I know.
I bought him a Lee press, a Lee Ram Prime, and Lee 41 mag dies and the appropriate shell holder for the primer.

He only wants to load 41 mag.

If you can see your way fit, he could sure use a measure. I will be buying him a scale in 3 or 4 weeks.