PDA

View Full Version : Duck dynasty sets new record!

DCM
08-16-2013, 06:44 AM
:D http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/25/duck-dynasty-ratings-season-3-finale_n_3157580.html :D

Harter66
08-16-2013, 11:11 AM
I sure hope the ''powers'' dont notice it'll be shut down for being too American.....

GaryN
08-16-2013, 08:09 PM
I heard the other day that one member of the cast of Duck Dynasty was claiming facial profiling. I got a kick out of that.

gspgundog
08-16-2013, 08:43 PM
It was Jas they thought he was a homeless man when he asked a hotel employee where the bathroom was. Like he said it was facial profiling.

T-Dogg
08-16-2013, 10:04 PM
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't really care for this show... Everyone I know loves it.

500MAG
08-16-2013, 10:13 PM
It is a great wholesome show. My family really enjoys it. My wife was crying her eyes out during the wedding at the end of the season premiere this week.

Trey45
08-16-2013, 10:28 PM
I enjoy that show! I am especially fond of them ending the show with them all at the table for dinner and saying grace each time. Uncle Si is my hero. I'm not as bad as he is with carrying iced tea everywhere I go, but I do have a gallon pickle jar of tea in the kitchen fridge and the shop fridge.

Lights
08-17-2013, 01:06 AM
Got to love the show and Si and Phil are way cool. My wife even loves the show as do my 3 teenage boys. The show makes a statement about believing in God and family and not what you have or wear for clothes. You will not see them in $100.00 Lucky blue jeans.

trochilids
08-17-2013, 03:47 AM
Dang. Now I guess I gotta watch it. I was a day late and a dollar short on the "Facebook" craze, too. I remember when email first came out and I thought it was just a fad...

Swamp Man
08-17-2013, 04:52 AM
I've never seen the show I don't have cable I don't watch much TV so it's not worth paying for cable. But from what I just read that Uncle Si sounds like me with his tea I don't go anywhere without my glass of sweet tea in my hand.

redneckdan
08-17-2013, 10:23 AM
Y'all heard Trace Adkins Songs About Me? Duck Dynasty is kind of like the TV version. I'd never seen it (no TV at home) til May when I was traveling on business. Not much of a bar fly so I usually lounge in my hotel room and tie flies or leaders or whatever while watching TV. Caught the show and found it pretty entertaining.

scottiemom
08-17-2013, 11:46 AM
I've never seen the show I don't have cable I don't watch much TV so it's not worth paying for cable. But from what I just read that Uncle Si sounds like me with his tea I don't go anywhere without my glass of sweet tea in my hand.

I think you can go to A&E's web site and watch older episodes there.

KrisR
08-17-2013, 12:08 PM
Really love the show and there family values. There love for God and not shy about talking about Him. I recommend Phil's book, really ties in too what Kay was talking out in the last show. Started willies book and its ok so far.

beagle
08-17-2013, 12:45 PM
I read somewhere that Willie is considering getting into politics down there. Would eb different from what we have up in DC now for sure./beagle

SingleBarrel
08-17-2013, 01:48 PM
They are like modern day Beverly Hill Billies. I watch them when I get a chance.

snuffy
08-17-2013, 02:16 PM
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't really care for this show... Everyone I know loves it.

You're not the only one!

A couple of months ago there was another thread on our town about them. I though from the glowing reports on that thread, I must be missing something. Soooooo I recorded a bunch of episodes. I only made it all-the-way-through one of them, none were funny, or made a lick of sense.

They sit around surrounded by what appears to be parts of some sort of call(s), but they're never seen putting anything together.

They apparently specialize in growing facial hair. Now, I wear a beard, but never let it get that long. It gets in the way and looks worse. I HATE shaving, and I get ingrown hairs if I shave too close.

starmac
08-17-2013, 03:31 PM
I don't watch much TV, but if it is on when I am watching I watch it, and it is the only reality show that I have watched more than one episode. I take it for what it is, and that is entertainment pure and simple.
There will always be some that doesn't like it, just like any program, but apparently by the ratings, they are in the minority. At least the kids aren't cussing their parents all the time like some of the so called reality shows I have wasted a few minutes of my life trying to watch.

PS Paul
08-17-2013, 03:43 PM
The "facial profiling" incident was at Trump Towers in NYC where an employee, thinking Jas was homeless, led him out of the building when he asked for the restroom.....

Orcah Winfrey would have screamed "raycism" far and wide and it would have been covered for MONTHS. Jas just shrugged it off with a clever quip. Definitely diksplays a disparity between "country class" and "victim class", no?

starmac
08-17-2013, 04:05 PM
I knew the guy that bought the multi autographed harley that Jay Leno auctioned off for the twin towers. When he went to be on the show and take possession of his 175,000 harley, they would not let him do it in his own clothes. He was an everyday working guy and dressed accordingly. He was not exactly happy about spending that much money and having to wear someone else clothes to accept it. lol

LUBEDUDE
08-17-2013, 05:03 PM
I live in town of only 100k, but draws 200k day from the surrounding counties due to the hospitals, lawyers,shopping,restaurants, etc.
Anyway-
A local church is bringing Phil and Willie in to do a talk this month at one of the convention centers.

dbosman
08-17-2013, 06:33 PM
One opinion I have - is that socially inept teen age boys (aren't most and weren't we among them) are watching to figure how those guy landed attractive wives.

Swamp Man
08-17-2013, 06:52 PM
I think you can go to A&E's web site and watch older episodes there.

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Lights
08-17-2013, 08:33 PM
That's the truth. Them boys sure do have some vary attractive wives.

clownbear69
08-17-2013, 09:04 PM
I like watching it, reminds me of home. I think I may get Phil's Book. Si is still my favorite. That's a fact Jack is said by my kids all the time

mroliver77
08-17-2013, 10:58 PM
I read that Phil is an ordained minister. (Update. I looked it up, Phil is a lay minister but eldest son Alan is ordained minister)

I dont watch TV at all but after being repeatedly accused of being a Robertson I went to A&E and watched some episodes. Way more class than the Beverly Hillbillies! I thought most episodes had a deep (lot's of tongue in cheek) moral or message.
Is it not funny how "they" tell us that the majority of folks are against religion and guns but this show is so popular?
J

If I was invited somewhere and my attire was not acceptable to the sponsor it would be tough scat for them.

Taylor3006
08-18-2013, 05:17 AM
I enjoy the show, it's good clean fun and I always get a laugh from their antics. Far superior offering than most of the crud on the boob tube nowadays and think it is great that we finally have godly "manly men" shown in a good light for the young to emulate instead of the effeminate or stupid males that seem to dominate the airwaves today. 100 seasons of "Duck Dynasty" would be far too few shows IMHO.

contender1
08-18-2013, 10:39 AM
I saw those boys working at a booth at the SHOT Show a few years back, before they got real big with their TV show. My impression was they were just good old country boys who made good in the duck call business etc.
Well, I never paid them much attention as I don't duck hunt etc.
When their show came out, I didn't watch it. I missed almost all of the first two years worth. Then, my wonderful better half was telling me how much some of the uptight-white ladies at work loved the show. Well, we watched a few episodes.
Boy, was I wrong in not watching it.
While I too look at it as entertainment, I can see a lot of true American's, everyday folks reflected in those boys & their families.
So, while I'm a late-comer to watching the show,, I have to say we do enjoy it here. And if you watch enough of it, you will see that Phil is a lot smarter than many would suspect.

mroliver77
08-18-2013, 06:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KwrmlTPI8w&feature=player_embedded
Good video of Phil on his Salvation.

Lights
08-18-2013, 08:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KwrmlTPI8w&feature=player_embedded
Good video of Phil on his Salvation.

That was a good video.

Gliden07
08-18-2013, 09:47 PM
Its a nice show!! A show without swearing, violence or half naked people!! Some think its staged? If it is it doesn't really matter its a nice show that has good moral values! I'm just waiting for the ACLU to sue them for bringing religion into television!!

Lights
08-18-2013, 10:28 PM
Its a nice show!! A show without swearing, violence or half naked people!! Some think its staged? If it is it doesn't really matter its a nice show that has good moral values! I'm just waiting for the ACLU to sue them for bringing religion into television!!

They have already been asked to drop the religion stuff on the show. They said no we will not. I say Amen to that.

Gliden07
08-19-2013, 08:04 PM
They have already been asked to drop the religion stuff on the show. They said no we will not. I say Amen to that.

I agree with you sir!! If they were practicing Muslims or any other religion it would be fine. If you don't want your kids, family or yourself exposed to there religious beliefs its very simple to solve!! "CHANGE THE CHANNEL!!!!!".

jaysouth
08-19-2013, 08:24 PM

Staged? If a production has a producer and script writer, it is 'staged'.

In my opinion, the popularity of this show is a reaction to the artificially contrived 'reality' shows that make up most of prime time TV. The values of the family are not lost on the audiences either.

A lot of the show is cornball, but you can tell that the characters are having a good time and living a good life. I suspect that the producers and writers are have a good time too.

mroliver77
08-19-2013, 09:28 PM
According to the family this is an internet rumor.
J
http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/duckdynasty.asp

Lights
08-19-2013, 11:45 PM
According to the family this is an internet rumor.
J
http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/duckdynasty.asp

Yep you are right Sir. Just goes to show you that you can not believe everything you read.

Gliden07
08-20-2013, 12:26 AM
Yep you are right Sir. Just goes to show you that you can not believe everything you read.

It still wouldn't surprise me if it really did happen!

mroliver77
08-20-2013, 06:19 PM
It still wouldn't surprise me if it really did happen!
Unless A&E is totally stupid they understand that a large percentage of the audience loves it that they pray and whack ducks and beavers on the show.
J