PDA

View Full Version : latest project

GL49
08-14-2013, 11:51 PM
My brother and I are in the process of buying another 80 acres. The east line extends between the two arrows, and since the mountain face "bows out" , anywhere you stand on the ridge line between the arrows is inside the property line. If you stand in the clearing in the foreground, you're on the 160 acres we already own. A couple of weeks ago when we were cruising the timber on the new 80, the resident bear crossed right in front of us.
What are we going to do with it? Just watch the trees grow, fellas, just watch the trees grow. Both of us agree that they'll be pretty nice when our kids are as old as we are.ATTACH=CONFIG]79218[/ATTACH]

MaryB
08-15-2013, 11:54 PM
Now that is sweet! I could retire to that view and hunting.

jmort
08-16-2013, 12:44 AM
That is some beautiful real estate you all own. Good for you and your bro. If only Oregon were a Red State, what a nice place it would be.

PS Paul
08-16-2013, 12:50 AM
Hmmmm. Sure would make a nice place to build yer "post-apocalyptic survivalist compound" with gun emplacements located strategically throughout the property to maximize defensive positions! he he.......

Pretty spectacular place. I do like that part of that beautiful State. Good for you!!

GL49
08-16-2013, 01:54 AM
There's an old log house with 2000' of living space downstairs on the original 160 acres, a couple of bedrooms upstairs. It was built in 1926, I've wanted for years to restore it, maybe when I'm retired. Hasn't been lived in since the mid 1940's, it needs a lot of work. When I was a teenager, we converted the chicken coop out back to our camping cabin and got the old water line from the spring to the main cabin working again so we could have a faucet in front of our chicken coop. No more walking for water.

Never could convince the packrats that they didn't belong in our cabin.

jeepyj
08-17-2013, 09:51 AM
Beautiful land. I have a cottage on seven acres I know the pride you undoubtedly have for that beauty, Your children will be happy with foresight.
Jeepyj

Bad Water Bill
08-18-2013, 05:03 PM
"Never could convince the packrats that they didn't belong in our cabin."

Several piles of STUFF donated by the resident bear judiciously placed just might convince the rats it is a great time to relocate.:bigsmyl2: