PDA

View Full Version : Ez go golf carts

gsdelong
08-13-2013, 06:34 PM
I am looking for a range buggy to haul my items through the woods and down a hill to my target range. Does anybody have experience with the ezgo 250 or G4 off road golf carts?

Houndog
08-13-2013, 08:29 PM
The state park I worked at used EZ GO golf carts and they were tougher than pine knots! They got abused constantly and recieved very little in the way of maintainence. I only know of one engine lost in the 6 years I worked there. Be SURE to buy a gas powered cart! The electric ones need more maintainence and are usually BIG DOLLARS to repair!

High Lord Gomer
08-13-2013, 09:19 PM
For half the price I would buy a used 4-wheeler and a trailer. Much more off-road worthy. I put a 2" ball on our TRX300. I haul it to the range on a 6x12 trailer, back the 4-wheeler off the trailer, then hook the trailer to the 4-wheeler to haul stuff downrange for match setup and tear down.

DIRT Farmer
08-13-2013, 10:28 PM
I use an EZ-GO two wheel drive cart to check oil wells and do matainance on them, haul feed, wood and garden produce plus check and work cattle. this one has the eletric bed hoist. It also pulls a 14 foot boat with a 15 horse motor and decoys for duck hunting and anything else I decide to do. The oil route is a mesured route and from my records it has ran over 70,000 miles just checking wells let alone every thing else. It does get hung up if you don't use your head but a ratchet strap and a tree or dead man will get you out. I have replaced 3 drive belts, one clutch and the brake pads. Now the durned thing is burning oil. I guess even a 12 horse motor will need work once in a while

gsdelong
08-14-2013, 10:25 AM
My biggest concern is stability on a dirt step sloped path, in the woods, with the jerky motion of the golf cart type system. Any thoughts on this aspect?

High Lord Gomer
08-15-2013, 12:36 PM
... it has ran over 70,000 miles ...
Wow! They should buy that thing back from you to use for advertising!

DIRT Farmer
08-15-2013, 10:20 PM
Still runs OK. I have kept the service schedule up, it is starting to burn oil but starts and runs.

gsdelong
08-16-2013, 09:16 AM
Pulled the trigger I have a new s4 coming this afternoon I will report back.

Down South
08-16-2013, 10:29 AM
Ez Go or Club Car, either are good choices and both can be found reasonably priced used but you need to know what you are looking for. Battery age is one of the bigger concerns unless you opt for a gas model.
Mine below. It sports a 4-gun rack on the back now not pictured. The back seat folds over to make a bed to haul stuff on.