PDA

View Full Version : Contacted the New Marlin Company

Sagebrush7
08-10-2013, 03:06 PM
Saw a new Marlin at Wally World. Like the looks of the medium size big loop lever. Called the New Marlin they gave me parts man. Hey what does that big loop lever cost? You have a FFL? No! need one for a part? Yes we only sell to FFL gunsmiths on file. What a crock! I told him. I bought from the old company for fifty years. You won't stay in business long Your guns are butt ugly. Hung up! James sorry about the rant.

BeemerMark
08-10-2013, 03:47 PM
You can probably get it from Brownells.

missionary5155
08-10-2013, 04:30 PM
Greetings
It is the product liability officials again. The old Dan Wesson people were very helpful with parts. The new DW outfit will only sell internal items to FFL's who then are responsible for the parts they outlet.
On one hand I cannot blame gun producers. All the scuzbucket lawyers taking numbers and standing in line to see who they can sue next. Need to find a loophole and start sueing the lawyers for frivolous law sutes.
Mike in Peru

Jupiter7
08-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Well badmouthing can go more than one way. Scenario: call marlin, part sent, doesn't fit, post rant. With Dan wesson, I can agree with not sending out 1911 parts, which require skill at hand fitting parts. Definite liabilty with full auto 1911's running around. They also have a degree of quality to uphold, bubba may not be up to the job.

On the other hand, I like companies that are "yes sir, we'll take care of that for you right away". They are fewer by the day.

dgslyr
08-10-2013, 06:18 PM
A year ago last Feb.I ordered an extractor for a 1894.A few weeks ago I got an ejector in the mail.
Well ...they do both start with e and are close to each other in the gun.The uneducated,unskilled,weed smoking labor pool they are forced to hire from isn't able to do much better.