PDA

View Full Version : Size and lube now or later?

FishingFool
08-08-2013, 04:04 PM
I want to cast a bunch if rounds for next year. Does it really matter if I size it now or later? This will be for the 45-70 and 9mm.

1Shirt
08-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Just my opinion, but if they are soft (12-15 bh) or under, it probably doesn't matter. If harder than that I would suggest sizeing within a day or two of casting. Not that it is necessary, but just because it will be easier to size/lube if they are hard. As a matter of principle, I size and lube the same day I cast. I do that because I water drop everything I cast, and most are in excess of 15 bh, Once you get into Lino hardness of say 22 or better, if you are sizing down very much, you will find it very tiresome and difficult to size when they harden up.
Good luck!
1Shirt

cainttype
08-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Check out the link on the bottom of this page to "Cast Bullet Notes". It can't be overstated when describing this text as invaluable to casters... It should be a mandatory read.

williamwaco
08-08-2013, 05:43 PM
I want to cast a bunch if rounds for next year. Does it really matter if I size it now or later? This will be for the 45-70 and 9mm.

NO!

See

http://reloadingtips.com/pages/exp_110921a-cast-bullet-expand.htm