PDA

View Full Version : RCBS lube a matic Base Question

TybrneRyan
08-07-2013, 11:22 AM
Hello,
Is it common for the Lube Rod to pop out or protrude from the base when trying to raise the plunger out from the reservoir?
Thank you for all of your help!

Mike W1
08-07-2013, 05:07 PM
Hello,
Is it common for the Lube Rod to pop out or protrude from the base when trying to raise the plunger out from the reservoir?
Thank you for all of your help!

I for one don't know just what you're talking about. There's nothing called a Lube Rod or a Base for that matter on my parts list. I suspect you might mean the Ejector Rod but your description has me stumped. More accurate info would be helpful for me and others I'm sure.

fryboy
08-07-2013, 06:12 PM
is it bolted down ? if not bolt it down that will help allow the pressure nut to raise or lower , tech tip - if it's got old lube in it and you're trying to clean it out warm it up after you bolt it down

TybrneRyan
08-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Yeah I haven't bolted it down yet. I was just warming it up to clean. I guess I better make a seal or washer so lube doesn't seep from under the base

TybrneRyan
08-07-2013, 10:50 PM

fryboy
08-08-2013, 06:37 AM
usually when bolted down they dont leak ( usually ) being bolted down holds the pressure screw ( threaded rod ) in and in place and allows it to still turn , i've had a couple of # 45's that seeped a wee bit but usually just some paperboard ( pop tart box in my case ) cut for a gasket works , in this case you just need it bolted down long enough to remove the pressure nut/piston , now and again someone will get a casting with a irregular base ( those are the ones that tend to leak but seem more common in ye olde lyman's ) folks have been known to file them flat to stop the problem

TybrneRyan
08-08-2013, 12:51 PM
Very cool! Thank you for the insight. I'll get it bolted up on the bench later today and see what happens ha.

jsheyn
08-08-2013, 01:17 PM
seems like you might be missing something down at the bottom. It's been a while since I seen the bottom of mine but I remember some sort of a large silver washer looking thing...have a look a the diag

http://www.rcbs.com/downloads/instructions/Lube-A-Matic_Instructions.pdf

Wayne Smith
08-11-2013, 07:45 AM
Something is missing in that diagram. The part key #'s go to 27, the key list goes to 24. The washer appears to be #27.