PDA

View Full Version : Found a clever coffee product.

JeffinNZ
08-06-2013, 04:53 AM
Hi team.

I was at the hunting expo on Saturday and came aross this product:

http://www.growerscup.com/eng/

Coffee in a pouch. You pour hot water in top, it filters through into a bag at the bottom and then you pour it from the spount. Not a super cheap product but very handy to carry hunting/fishing/hiking etc. I bought a couple to try.

Pb2au
08-06-2013, 05:20 AM
That is pretty darn clever.

jcwit
08-06-2013, 06:52 AM
Cool!

Ickisrulz
08-06-2013, 07:23 AM
Coffee can be purchased in "tea bags" and used the same way. Fairly cheap and convenient.

http://www.cw-usa.com/coffee-folgers-classicroast-singles-regular-box.html?utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=googlebase&cvsfa=3170&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=353233&gclid=CIypt6Xa6LgCFUdo7AodKAUAHw

Boerrancher
08-06-2013, 07:38 AM
I love new ways to prep coffee. Lets face it, I love coffee. When the dollar and economy collapse and lord 0 returns us to the dark ages the only thing I will truly miss is my coffee.

Best wishes,

Joe

Pb2au
08-06-2013, 07:50 AM
I love new ways to prep coffee. Lets face it, I love coffee. When the dollar and economy collapse and lord 0 returns us to the dark ages the only thing I will truly miss is my coffee.

Best wishes,

Joe

Me too. When the country goes to heck, you can be assured that I will have strategic coffee reserve in my bunker.

Boerrancher
08-06-2013, 07:57 AM
Me too. When the country goes to heck, you can be assured that I will have strategic coffee reserve in my bunker.

Not me. Why prolong the inevitable? One of two things will happen, either you will get killed right from the get go, and not get to enjoy it, or you will run out of coffee and be miserable. I figure when the time comes that I can't continue my pot a day habit, I will just not drink it anymore. That way I don't have to worry about getting killed or running out of coffee.

Best wishes,

Joe

gkainz
08-06-2013, 09:00 AM
I've tried the Folgers tea-bag coffee and have not really liked it. I would rather just do cowboy coffee in the big porcelain coffee pot.

bruce drake
08-06-2013, 12:33 PM
http://www.coffeeresearch.org/coffee/homegrowing.htm

Joe,

Maybe a plant that you'd have to move indoors during the winter but it might be possible to run a couple bushes in a hillside area of your homestead in Missouri.

Bruce

mold maker
08-06-2013, 12:49 PM
My alarm clock is in the form of the aroma of coffee. As it comes down the hall it's like a sirens song beckoning me. My wife tries to beat me to it.

dtknowles
08-06-2013, 01:40 PM

Plus one for the strategic coffee reserve, I have a number of thing stashed for times of trouble, I need to add coffee in cans to my storage. I have a 5 cup percolator that I use on the fire when camping. It will be good to have coffee for as long as I can.

Tim

waynem34
08-06-2013, 02:10 PM
I wish I liked coffee.

DIRT Farmer
08-06-2013, 11:48 PM
From reading the thing that kept the Cival war cival was the coffee/tobacco trade. Now my cardioligist tells me I can't have either.

Hehehehe

deep creek
08-07-2013, 12:39 AM
i like my columbian cant stand french roast! no coffee? thems fightin words!!

Squint
08-07-2013, 01:40 AM
I too really love my coffee. At one time, long ago, stomach problems required that I stop drinking coffee. I found that much more difficult than stopping smoking. Fortunately, my stomach has straightened out and I can drink coffee to my hearts content.

Ed Barrett
08-07-2013, 11:57 AM
Coffee is one of my major food groups.