PDA

View Full Version : www.800petmeds.com

popper
08-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Don't use them. Wife has been trying to get meds for the dog for 2 weeks. She just cancelled the order as they wanted a prescription from the vet faxed in, but they won't take faxes. Crummy outfit.

dakotashooter2
08-05-2013, 05:47 PM
Check with your local Pharmacy. Sometimes pet meds are available there. I noticed their OTC stuff isn't any cheaper than I can buy locally.

WILCO
08-05-2013, 05:53 PM
I always vote with my wallet.

oldred
08-05-2013, 06:20 PM
I noticed that Wal-Mart pharmacy now advertises pet meds and a lot of the stuff that is supposedly "prescription" is available Over-The-Counter, worth a try.

uscra112
08-05-2013, 08:17 PM
I'm trying to figure how they do business at all. Part of the cash flow for most vets is their sales of meds. Certainly is for the lone small animal vet in my area. What vet is going to give that away to an online supplier ? ? ? I wouldn't even ask my vet to do that.

beagle
08-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Kroger also has some prescription pet meds in some locations.

I have always been of the mind that your vet is like the small town gun shop. Sometimes you have to support them for them to be there when you want and need them.

But, sometimes money talks if the med costs (and ammo costs) get out of hand./beagle

popper
08-05-2013, 10:37 PM
Yes, we spent 2 hrs at the vet getting heart worm med. Just a note that this co. doesn't do a good job. My point - after 2 weeks and several phone calls, couldn't get any heart worm med from them, even faxing the vet script. Syd upchucks from the flea med in advantix, sentinel works fine. The vet really believes advantix is better, the flea toxin just causes side effects.

oldred
08-06-2013, 01:40 PM
I have always been of the mind that your vet is like the small town gun shop. Sometimes you have to support them for them to be there when you want and need them.

You got that right! My wife and I are regular customers with our pets to the local vet who is located "out in the country" and while his prices can certainly be bettered on-line the care and service can not. A recent example was our beloved white Himalayan cat who got a urinary blockage on a Saturday night and would have died a very painful death before Monday morning but our vet, who we have come to know quite well, came into the office and treated him that night. As long as prices are reasonable, be it pet meds or shooting supplies, I will always try my best to support the locals even if it means spending a few dollars more because it usually works out for the better in the long run.

BTW, "Scruff" is alive and feeling better everyday because our vet cared but 1-800-petmeds would not have cared one way or the other!

starnbar
08-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Sams Club does pet meds too if you have one close by

kenjuudo
08-06-2013, 06:59 PM
My fur covered kids see the vet every six months, all thier prescription meds come from there. But 800petmeds sells Fipronil flea and tick treatment at a savings of $60 per dog a year. My order placed last saturday on line arrived monday in the mail and no shipping.

Blacksmith
08-07-2013, 09:09 PM
We use Valley Vet Supply for some horse meds and I have got Front line for cats cheaper than local.

http://www.valleyvet.com/