PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Lubesizer problem...?

Bagdadjoe
08-05-2013, 09:32 AM
I'm only getting the bottom groove of my bullets filled with lube. This is happening on 44's and 357's. Didn't have the problem last time I sized some. The bullet is going all the way down in the die and still just filling the bottom band. The resevoir is at least half full. Any way part of the resevoir body could be stopped up? I'm using LBT Blue soft.

Mike W1
08-05-2013, 12:28 PM
You probably need to adjust the Bullet Ejector Screw (Ref 25 on mine). May or not be a lock screw on the bottom front of the machine. The screw also has a lock ring you'll have to loosen.

km101
08-05-2013, 06:29 PM
It's probably not a reservoir problem. But some of the holes in your size die may be stopped up. I would check that first. Take the die out and clean it with solvent. If that doesn't fix it, then a call to RCBS.

Bagdadjoe
08-06-2013, 08:17 AM
since it worked last time I sized and the problem is with two different dies of different calibers, I don't think it's an adjustment or stopped up sizer die. The bullet is going all the way into the die but I'm still just filling the bottom groove. I'm going to empty it out and see if there's some kind of obstruction... Should be great fun! I will check both dies first just in case.

fishnbob
08-06-2013, 08:42 AM
You have turned the pressure screw on top? Sometimes when I am lubing double grooves, I have to turn up the pressure to force it in the top groove.
Jus' askin'!

Bagdadjoe
08-07-2013, 11:52 AM
yes, turned the rod. Usually nudge it continuously while I'm sizing to keep the lube flowing. It feels like it's bottomed out about 2/3 the way down. Maybe something got in a tube of lube somehow...gremlin?...poultry-geist? I'll empty it this weekend and report back if I find anything. I've been using this lubesizer for 10-15 years and never had a problem before. Who knows?

Bagdadjoe
08-18-2013, 09:16 PM
I emptied it out and refilled and no change. Hmmm. I got to looking at my top punches and realized I had used a slightly different one for the 357, the one I was using didn't go down far enough after all, changed it out and it works fine. Very little difference in diameter in the two, but enough to mess me up. Out of all that I did get to see the inside of my lubesizer.... I do need to change my center shaft and the piston. You never get too old to screw up.