PDA

View Full Version : They must know!

Blammer
10-11-2007, 07:59 PM
I've gotten more flyers and email ads from Midsouth, Midway,and a bunch of others telling me about what great deals they have on their jacketed bullets!

They must know I've not shot as many as I have in the past, as the lead ones are taking their place. :Fire::-D

targetshootr
10-11-2007, 09:10 PM
ThasswhatI'mtalkinbout. I never did use many j-words come to think of it. What would be great is if someone would be willing to honcho a 275 gr Keith 44. [smilie=1:

:castmine:

Jack Stanley
10-12-2007, 08:10 PM
One of the best deals I found at gun shows in the past was pulled thirty caliber bullets that had serious pull marks on them . If I remember right they sold for about three cents each and using reduced loads they were great for offhand practice at reduced targets (and range) Two years ago I ran across a deal on military one hundred seventy-three grain bullets for nine cents each . Some time before that Graf and sons had contract overrun one hundred forty-seven grain full metal jackets for six cents .
I don't mean to sound like a heretic but that is cheap shooting for a long time with no fuss or bother . My Garand will be well fed for a very long time to come . I still am using cast bullets I made years ago in some rifles . I probably should have more powder and primers to push this stuff huh? At the prices for bullets now , I can just smile and wave at 'em while settin' on that crate o' bullets .:-D

Jack

kodiak1
10-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Jack about 12 years ago went to an Auction sale a sporting goods store bought everything I could for what ever caliber I had and powder and primers. You know that stuff starts to run out after a time or two. I thought when I come home with that pickup loaded down the way it was I was going to get divorced for sure!! Only got the silent treatment for a week or so but man I had every case in the basement loaded in that time.
Ken.