PDA

View Full Version : Cast Bullets in Reno NV

Ironworker
07-30-2013, 11:50 AM
Is there a cast Bullet producer in or near Reno Nevada ?

quilbilly
07-30-2013, 12:18 PM
Don't know about commercial casting but a number of people on this website are close to you that can help you get started if you have that possibility.

Maximumbob54
07-30-2013, 12:24 PM
X-Treme and there was a place that didn't to direct sales but I forget their name. Carson something or other.

Mk42gunner
08-01-2013, 05:21 AM
Western Nevada Bullets used to be in Carson City. I shot a lot of their bullets when I was stationed at NAS Fallon. West Coast Bullets was in Carson City also.

I do not know if they are still there or not, I retired nine years ago. At least one of the companies used to give a price break if you came and picked up a sufficient quantity.

Have you checked the phone book? As I recall, the NV phone books had a pretty good sized area listing.

Robert

rsrocket1
08-01-2013, 11:59 AM
X-treme bullets (http://www.xtremebullets.com/category-s/5463.htm) may be the one you are thinking about. They are in Carson City which is south of Reno. I think they are affiliated with Silver State Bullets, who did make these cast bullets (maybe they bought them out or merged). You can get volume discounts (25,000+) from them and save money by picking them up. If you are going there, make sure you call first to see if you can drop in.

knifemaker
08-01-2013, 12:56 PM
I have dropped in about three times at X-treme bullets and picked up the plated or cast bullets I wanted. The ladies there have a great smile and will go out of the way to take care of you. They normally try to keep bullets on hand for their walk in customers. I have used their plated and cast bullets in my 1911s and Rossi 92 in 357 mag caliber. Excellant accuracy due to very tight quality control on sizing and weight.
Their prices on their web site includes the shipping price, by walking in you save that shipping price.

376Steyr
08-01-2013, 05:37 PM
Back in 1990 I bought bullets from an outfit in Sparks. I forget their name. No idea if they are still in business.