PDA

View Full Version : Cheaper than Dirt Traffic Monday July 29, 1913 6:30 PM

williamwaco
07-30-2013, 09:39 AM
This almost brought a tear to my eyes.

Many of you will feel the same way.

This was taken last night at 6:30

That is one and one half hours after the shooters were off work and one and one half hours BEFORE CTD's closing time.

This time last year, that parking lot would have been packed.

Baja_Traveler
07-30-2013, 10:07 AM
July 29th 1913??

I hope their parking lot looks like that for a long time...

Swamp Man
07-30-2013, 10:14 AM
Word is out about the rip-offs,looks like we all have done our job at informing people about that place.

2wheelDuke
07-30-2013, 10:32 AM
That reminds me, I need to peel their sticker off my gun cleaning box. I stuck that on there years ago when I I'd make the occasional purchase from them, and they sent stickers in the box.

Boerrancher
07-30-2013, 11:24 AM
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Not a good sign of our times, for them or for us.
We better get to the bottom of this shortage with hard facts and numbers, and do something positive about it soon.

You are spot on. It doesn't matter if you like the company or not. When this is a common sight at gun shops around the country which it seems to be, our hobby has a huge problem. I don't need ammo or components, but it is obvious that supply is not keeping up with demand, as ammo of any kind is hard to find most of the time around her and the local shooting range that is generally full except early in the morning is empty now all day everyday including weekends.

There are more gun owners now than ever and less ammo and components on the market than ever. Right now there is even a huge shortage of imported ammo. I have heard so many stories and theories as to why we are having this shortage. So many in fact that it is hard to believe if any of them are true. I don't like seeing empty shelves and parking lots of gun shops and empty ranges. Something is definitely wrong whit the supply chain, and I would almost bet my bottom dollar that our corrupt gov is behind a portion of it.

Best wishes

Joe

searcher4851
07-30-2013, 03:46 PM
Ammo and components have been and are still being hoarded. Hoarders, by definition, are not shooting it. Some of the others contributing to the shortages are trying to profit from the shortages, trying to sell at huge markups. Their supply is not moving, so it's not being shot either. At some point the manufacturers will catch up, and things will begin to return to normal, but with more shooters shooting. A good time to be a manufacturer. JMHO

Swamp Man
07-30-2013, 04:44 PM
You are spot on. It doesn't matter if you like the company or not. When this is a common sight at gun shops around the country which it seems to be, our hobby has a huge problem. I don't need ammo or components, but it is obvious that supply is not keeping up with demand, as ammo of any kind is hard to find most of the time around her and the local shooting range that is generally full except early in the morning is empty now all day everyday including weekends.

There are more gun owners now than ever and less ammo and components on the market than ever. Right now there is even a huge shortage of imported ammo. I have heard so many stories and theories as to why we are having this shortage. So many in fact that it is hard to believe if any of them are true. I don't like seeing empty shelves and parking lots of gun shops and empty ranges. Something is definitely wrong whit the supply chain, and I would almost bet my bottom dollar that our corrupt gov is behind a portion of it.

Best wishes

Joe
Joe I truly believe DC is the main problem with American and import ammo not being available. CTD deserve to have an empty parking lot and store for their over blown prices CCI Mini-Mag 100 ct $59 is asking for people to boycott them.

Love Life
07-30-2013, 04:47 PM
the local shooting range that is generally full except early in the morning is empty now all day everyday including weekends.

Same thing around here. I basically have the BLM ranges all to myself. Kind a mixed blessing really. Less of other people's garbage to pick up.

Love Life
07-30-2013, 04:48 PM
CCI Mini-Mag is asking people to boycott CTD? Who is CCI Mini-Mag?

WILCO
07-31-2013, 07:44 AM
Ammo and components have been and are still being hoarded.

The new demand forced upon the market, clearly outweighs the miniscule amount that are hoarding or selling to make a profit. There's a new gun salesman in town and his name is Berry.

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-31-2013, 08:01 AM
The new demand forced upon the market, clearly outweighs the miniscule amount that are hoarding or selling to make a profit. There's a new gun salesman in town and his name is Berry.

I have seen the enemy ...and it is us.
and yes, Obama made me do it !
Jon

TheGrimReaper
07-31-2013, 10:16 AM
Now, that is beauty to my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

popper
07-31-2013, 10:21 AM
Most of the shops around DFW seem to be in the same boat. LGS had 22LR for $89 a 550 brick. I did find some powder & primers in one shop, ~10% higher. That shop was breaking 9mm down into plastic baggies to get it to go around for their gun purchasers.

Recluse
07-31-2013, 11:33 AM
The new (indoor) range where we are members has an abundance of ammo--and customers. Beginning around 4:00 in the afternoon, the parking lot begins filling up, and by 6:00 p.m., there is a wait to get out on a lane.

I checked out several other ranges in the DFW area this past week and found similar situations. Two private ranges/gun clubs that friends are members of report very heavy usage.

At least here in the DFW area, word is out pretty solidly about CTD and as far as I'm concerned, the emptier their parking lots stay, the better. I'm not much of one for hoping a company goes OOB, but in this case when a company fornicates its own customer base and does so unabashedly and it isn't the FIRST time, then I'm a firm believer in reaping what one sows.

:coffee:

dragon813gt
07-31-2013, 11:52 AM
Every shop and range is busy by me. The shops all have ammo because they are still limiting the quantities you can purchase. And the ranges are to the point of annoying w/ all the unsafe people using them. The private clubs I belong to don't have RO's but they really need them right now.

As far as CTD, that's people voting w/ their wallets. They will either have to lower their prices to bring customers back. Which good luck w/ that one. Or the prices will have to stay high since they are selling less. They did it to themselves. They were fear mongering before there really was a lot to worry about.

km101
07-31-2013, 12:05 PM
It's nice to see that people are tired of being ripped off, and are voting with their wallets! I wont ever go back there!

Cosmiceyes
07-31-2013, 05:36 PM
This almost brought a tear to my eyes.

Many of you will feel the same way.

This was taken last night at 6:30

That is one and one half hours after the shooters were off work and one and one half hours BEFORE CTD's closing time.

This time last year, that parking lot would have been packed.

You were laughing so hard that you cried! :)'s

williamwaco
07-31-2013, 06:01 PM
You were laughing so hard that you cried! :)'s

Yuuuuup !

Wis. Tom
07-31-2013, 07:10 PM
Maybe people in some parts of the country, are just plain broke, and can't afford to shoot. Hard to live on part-time jobs with no benefits, and I don't see it getting any better anytime soon.

Boyscout
07-31-2013, 07:30 PM
Self defense and hunting ammo seems to be in good supply here in Indianapolis. Forget about affordable "practice" ammo and 22 LR. I shoot centerfire and very few 22 LR rounds right now.

10-x
07-31-2013, 07:43 PM
As for CTD, "what goes around, comes around". They have been screwing their customers since this "situation" started. This afternoon I happened by the local WM, talked to the clerks in sporting goods, they said .22 rf was being unloaded right then, CCI and 2 types of Rem. Asked when it would be on the shelf, one walked away, returned in 2-3 minutes with a box on his shoulder. 20 boxes of CCI mini mags. @ $7.47/100.. 3 box limit...it was gone in less than 30 minutes. Did not Hang round if and when the Rem was put out. Guess ammo is starting to come back.

Ajax
08-01-2013, 05:56 AM
Dicks's sporting goods is getting as bad with the gouging. I was in Dick's last week and they had 550 packs but were asking $39 for them. I will never grace their store again.

Andy

flint_knapper
08-01-2013, 06:24 AM
my local gun store has always stayed packed since the 80's. I was in there yesterday, they had another sell
going on. One was hi-points, 9mm for a 135+Tax. Asked one of the counter guys have they sold many he said about 10-12
a day, about every gangster around has bought one, he also said he sells them a box of hollow points, told me how they
jam them things up!;-)

Gliden07
08-01-2013, 08:41 AM
Like many have already said people are voting with there wallets!! This company STINKS!!! There shipping is high they charge a handling fee and there prices are crummy too!! That picture says it all. They may have made a killing short term but real "Gun People" will remember how they stuck it to them when the chips were down!! They deserve what they're getting and will get!! I for one will not buy anything from them even when there prices go down!! I just hope others remember there GOUGING when all the smoke clears!!

ACrowe25
08-01-2013, 08:46 AM
This warms my heart. Never purchased anything, never will. Thanks for the good news!

g price
08-01-2013, 09:17 AM
I to am done with CTD and those inflated prices, they can keep that stuff I'll find it somewhere else

w5pv
08-01-2013, 10:48 AM
99% of it anyhow,we will know for sure when "o" give the order for them to start shooting it back at us.

LynC2
08-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Dicks's sporting goods is getting as bad with the gouging. I was in Dick's last week and they had 550 packs but were asking $39 for them. I will never grace their store again.

Andy

I will never set foot in one again with their latest AR anti-gun policy!

sparky45
08-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Someone please tell me why AMERICAN RIFLEMAN, the TV show still has as their main advertiser, none other than CTD; other than the obvious $$ implication? Haven't they gotten the message yet?