PDA

View Full Version : Cancer Updated

smokemjoe
07-28-2013, 05:45 PM
Its been a long hard fight, sickness, lung out, went back in last week as woren out,Cancer back in lung area that was removed, cancer in other lung not good, fluid fills my lungs up, have to sleep in chair and cant lay down .Sent me home on oxg. and hotspice starting in the morning. Made it right with Jesus, but I not gone yet. Did finally set down and read the bible, Other then that I am still reading what you guys are writing about, You all been a great butch of guys. Love you all, Joe

Dframe
07-28-2013, 05:53 PM
Glad you're still with us. keep writing.

jmort
07-28-2013, 06:05 PM
The main thing now is between you Jesus and God. Praying for you. Glad you worked out the most important "issue" in life. Hospice is the best place to deal with the pain.

WILCO
07-28-2013, 06:10 PM
So many things to say Joe, just can't put it together. I've enjoyed your company on the boards. I sent you a PM, hoping to catch you before signing off. Hospice will make you comfortable. Will keep you in prayers. You're a class act dearest Joe.

JeffinNZ
07-28-2013, 06:26 PM
Great to hear from you Joe. Keep us in the loop. Fight the good fight.

crowbuster
07-28-2013, 06:51 PM
Prayers for you joe. Always like to see what you have to say. Your in good hands. dont give up.

Love Life
07-28-2013, 06:55 PM
Keep fighting Joe!!

Olevern
07-28-2013, 07:02 PM
Continuing to pray, Joe. It ain't over until it's over. Fight the good fight and stay in the Word; God will take care of you.
blessings,
vern

square butte
07-28-2013, 07:25 PM
Praying for you Joe. Glad you have made things right with God. Keep with us if you are able.

plmitch
07-28-2013, 07:26 PM
In our prayers Sir.

Calamity Jake
07-28-2013, 07:49 PM
I couldn't say any better than what has been said already

Prayer sent.

Enjoyed doing business with you over the years.

DLCTEX
07-28-2013, 07:58 PM
Joe, you keep fighting, we'll keep praying.

Wayne Smith
07-28-2013, 08:00 PM
Joe, sorry to hear that. Continuing to pray, but getting right with God through Jesus is the only thing that counts at any time in live!

No_1
07-28-2013, 08:14 PM
I would like to echo what others have already said. Prayers sent for you and yours. Take care.

garandsrus
07-28-2013, 08:24 PM
I bought a rifle from you a few years back. Each time I take it out, I think of you....

MrWolf
07-28-2013, 08:37 PM
Prayers sent along with everyone else's

Trey45
07-28-2013, 08:42 PM
Praying for you Joe. Stay strong and keep the Faith.

waksupi
07-28-2013, 09:01 PM
Sad to hear this Joe. We will miss your company. Don't stop fighting.

GT27
07-28-2013, 09:04 PM
God bless you Joe,keep your faith!

tomme boy
07-28-2013, 10:42 PM
Keep fighting Joe. You will be missed. You're still here so keep posting.

**oneshot**
07-28-2013, 10:45 PM
Sorry to hear that Joe. Keep up the fight!

Mooseman
07-28-2013, 10:46 PM
Prayers from My family to you and yours.

Rich and Red

Bzcraig
07-28-2013, 11:21 PM
Your life now rests in the hands of the loving Creator who will welcome you into life eternal. Praying peace and comfort for you and your loved ones.

Craig

pipehand
07-28-2013, 11:47 PM
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

We love you back, Joe.

Dean D.
07-28-2013, 11:53 PM
I'm very saddened to hear this news Joe. I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers. I do want to thank you for considering us close enough family to share this news with us. It speaks volumes of you and our community. God bless and watch over you my friend.

possom813
07-28-2013, 11:54 PM
Joe, I've never been good with words when it pertains to death, especially when a man has accepted that it is inevitable.

I suppose that I'm fortunate in a way that I'm still a young man, and I have accepted that there is nothing to prevent death, nothing to prolong it, when our time comes, it's here and all we can do is hope we've lived the way we thought we did.

As some see death as the end, others see it as just the beginning. I like to believe that it is just the beginning and life on Earth was just a practice run. Whether I'm right or not isn't pertinent in this post, just my personal belief.

To you, Joe, I hope that you've enjoyed your journey and you are prepared to move on to your next adventure. You and yours will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Yesterday is a memory, tomorrow is
a mystery and today is a gift,
which is why it is called the present.
What the caterpillar perceives is the end;
to the butterfly is just the beginning.
Everything that has a beginning has an ending.
Make your peace with that and all will be well
-Buddhist Saying

wallenba
07-28-2013, 11:54 PM
All of us here love you, and will pray for you.
Thanks for the bump die. It's a gem.

Uncle R.
07-29-2013, 12:02 AM
Joe, you have been one of my favorite persons on this board. I have enjoyed reading your messages and knowing you as "almost a neighbor." I pray for comfort for you and for those who love you. May God bless you and keep you - may the Almighty hold you always in his hand.
Uncle R.

obssd1958
07-29-2013, 01:40 AM
Thinkin' of 'ya Joe, and prayin' for 'ya...

:cry:
Don

Ramar
07-29-2013, 06:31 AM
Joe, my prayers are still coming and I thank you for the many things that you have taught me. Your words and deeds have made me a better person.
Ramar

Lloyd Smale
07-29-2013, 07:24 AM
Im not a huggy kind of guy but sure wish i was there to give you one right now!!

kbstenberg
07-29-2013, 07:36 AM
Joe I hope you know that ALL uv us love you. Kevin

alrighty
07-29-2013, 08:38 AM
Joe , I am saddened to hear the news and will continue to pray for you and yours.I hope you know the lasting impact you have made on all of us and I thank you for that.
You are a class act my friend.
Dennis

TheCelt
07-29-2013, 08:48 AM
I never met you Joe, but I sure wish I could have. I love you too Joe. May God bless and keep you in his loving embrace.

twotoescharlie
07-29-2013, 09:09 AM
Joe, you're always on my mind. love that old vetterli you sold me also the bump die. Joe you know me ,76 years old, almost blind,but I ain't giving up just yet.hang in there Joe,everyone is pullin' for you.

TTC

gmsharps
07-29-2013, 09:25 AM
Ya know Joe a lot of folks on this Earth fail to put their mark on it. You have made your mark here and if that is any indication probably many other places. I would feel honored to shake your hand and say job well done. You have fought long and hard and the fight is not over yet. I wish you well and give em hell.

gmsharps

cheese1566
07-29-2013, 09:36 AM
Live each day to the fullest.
Enjoy some of your wine and maybe a shot from the good stuff.

Char-Gar
07-29-2013, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the update as you have been on my mind and in my prayers and you will continue to so be.

blackthorn
07-29-2013, 11:46 AM
Joe--Gail and I (as you know) have a daughter that is in the same fight as you are so we understand a little of the challenges you face! You are in our prayers and thoughts. Keep up the fight! NEVER give up! God bless you!

elkhuntfever
07-29-2013, 12:09 PM
Joe, may God give you comfort as you fight this cancer. Thoughts and prayers for you.

Jim

Smitty's Retired
07-29-2013, 12:16 PM
Along with the others, I'm lifting you up in prayer.

gee-gaw
07-30-2013, 05:52 AM
I'm not stopping the prayer that your healing be complete.
Thanks for the up-date Joe
Wayne

w5pv
07-30-2013, 10:34 AM
My prayers are offered up for you

scarry scarney
07-30-2013, 03:24 PM
Joe

a Two Time survivor here. This last time was rough, still having some issues to work through. Just like other, prayers sent your way. I've undergone clinical trials using stem cells. Here is a poem that the clinic passed to us.

Stay Strong Brother. We are in it togther.

One Day At a Time
by Vinh Kha
Hour by hour, day by day
For some of us, life passes by too quickly
Not stopping to appreciate the small joys that each day can bring
For others, the next morning may seem like an eternity before its final arrival

As I sit and ponder about the value and meaning of my life
Each minute approaches slowly but surely
Then passes with the blink of an eye
I wait and wait each day as patience is no longer a virtue
But has become a part of my daily routine

Time allows for thought, thoughts that had never before occurred
It allows for the mind to open up all that is bottled down deep within
It has made me recognize the strength and character in me that I never realized was there

I begin to reassure myself that better days are yet to come
I keep telling myself to continue believing in my dreams
And I know that they will someday come true
To trust that my goals can somehow be achieved
And that I should never doubt the obstacles that life puts me through

It’s possible that everyone has a destiny pre-determined at the moment of conception
That life’s path may already be laid out for us by One far more Superior than we
And it may be that the toughest challenges in life are given to those who are strong enough to handle them
Perhaps this path of doubt and uncertainties that I’ve been chosen for is my challenge in life
That will help me to become the person of strength and courage that I someday hope to be

Tears that once fell from my eyes, which saw the future filled with only hopelessness and despair
No longer fall, for now my eyes are dry and wide open
They will see nothing but happiness and joy that the future will bring
Positive are my thoughts no longer filled with doubt
Weak and battered is my body but strong and determined is my mind
Precious and valued are those daily moments that used to seem overly abundant and unimportant
The closeness of family and friends is now treasured far more than ever before

So with the slow passing of each and every day
I wait for my body to become strong again as it once was
But more importantly, I hope that my body will someday be as powerful as my mind has already become
And so I wait, patiently, taking on all obstacles and challenges that may cross my path
As I take each moment of my life one day at a time
Living it-hour by hour, day by day

Artful
07-30-2013, 03:45 PM
Joe, sorry to hear this - pulling for you to turn it around and come out on top.
Positive Attitude and Humor are your friends.

searcher4851
07-30-2013, 04:09 PM
Sorry to hear about your condition, happy to hear you've given yourself over to the Lord. May He bless you and keep you. Just don't rush Him. Thank you for your contributions here.

fecmech
07-30-2013, 09:00 PM
Joe--I am so sorry for everything you've had to endure and glad for your faith in God. I know He loves us and will take care of us. I will pray for you Joe

John Allen
07-30-2013, 09:03 PM
Joe, keep up the fight bud.

Whiterabbit
07-31-2013, 01:43 AM
Joe,

I don't know what to say, so I'll just say thanks for everything.

-Steve

NVcurmudgeon
07-31-2013, 02:10 AM
Joe, glad you have made it right with God. I have enjoyed your posts for years and remember a trade we made long ago, and how you surprised me with some "boot" in the form of lures. We will continue to pray for you, Bill and Fran

Charlie Two Tracks
07-31-2013, 07:09 AM
It is always good to hear from you Joe. I pray for God's peace to be with you and thanks for all you've done here.

Ajax
07-31-2013, 10:08 AM
Joe,
I have never met you or had dealings with you. I will say i look forward to seeing your posts and enjoying the wisdom you impart. I wish there was a way we could take the pain and discomfort from you. Just be relieved in the fact that the good lord has a plan for all of us and when it is time he will call you. I will continue to pray for you and yours. I want you to know that it has been my honor to know you and learn from you.

Andy

310bsa
07-31-2013, 06:27 PM
Joe, I've always looked forward to your writings in FS over the years. From the first article I read by you I knew your were telling it like it is and we all learned something from your own vast experience. You have a unique way of approaching problems and I am forever grateful for the support you gave me over the years at CBE. Just remember Joe , you have friends worldwide who are thinking of you and praying for you. Your mate down under in Australia, Jim

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-31-2013, 06:30 PM
I'm praying for your comfort and recovery.
Good Luck,
Jon

xs11jack
07-31-2013, 10:43 PM
Joe, What everyone else has said. Comes a time when the only one left to lean on is Jesus. He will take care of you.
Ole Jack

bushboy
08-01-2013, 12:46 AM
Keep up the fight Joe and don't forget that miracles do happen through the Lord!

captaint
08-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Thinking of you, Joe. Glad to hear you're still fighting. Always enjoy hearing from you. God bless you, Joe. Mike