PDA

View Full Version : Forgive me!

Tertle
07-27-2013, 06:31 PM
Friends is confession time,

forgive me but its been a truly long time since I've last been to a castboolit event of any description.
its been even longer since I partook of the forum.......
I've been too preoccupied with a sultry wee black rifle in 223 (M4) using those J word projectiles

but today im making an effort, im going to be that change....

Today im not leaving the man cave till ive run out of all my Aliant 2400 and some other powders suitable and will reload .303 and .308! (or ive run out of primers!)

Artful
07-27-2013, 06:36 PM
Nothing to forgive in my book - I like all my toys equally just sometime you fall for one over another - they all get a turn

MUSTANG
07-27-2013, 06:42 PM
Don't get rid of the Sultry M4 mistress, get a .224 Mold and keep her on the side! Bet the 2400 will be useful with her also.

Mustang

DCM
07-27-2013, 07:08 PM
Glad to hear it has been an "M4" and nothing to do with "jacking" and RR tracks LOL!

Tertle
07-27-2013, 08:33 PM
Glad to hear it has been an "M4" and nothing to do with "jacking" and RR tracks LOL!

I swear that 10 years later that it still makes me laugh to myself!

well I've tidied the bench, have tumbler working away in one corner, cleaned the work space and presses, found a stack load of brass in 303 and a even more .308 ( a lot lapua as well!!) so now sorting the lead projectiles, Thanks to JeffinNZ molds that I had adopted for a while!!

The sun is shining away and the highly trained attack dogs (Labradoodles) are at my feet and im happy as a very happy thing in the man cave.

Something rather cathartic, relaxing and satisfying........balance has been restored :)

Owwww and yes a mold is needed for the sexy wee black rifle

Boerrancher
07-27-2013, 09:13 PM
I didn't think that you Kiwis were allowed to own one of those wee sexy black rifles. I know foe my mate down in Oz it is a struggle to own any firearm and he is a Major in the Australian Army, special forces to boot.

I am glad you have one, because they are really accurate and can be a heck of a lot of fun. I am just glad you are back, and haven't given up on the silver stream. By the way, I have a .308 Win that I built just for cast boolits. It will shoot MOA 5 shot groups at 100 yards with the Lee 309-180-R on top of 35 grains of IMR 4064. I have never shot a j word out of it since I built it. I guess what I am getting at is you don't always have to rely on pistol powders to give you a good load for cast.

Best wishes

Joe

TXGunNut
07-27-2013, 10:36 PM
I'm sure you'll be forgiven. I keep a black gun around but mainly for social purposes. They can be fun from time to time. My 30-06 rifles are PB holdouts as well, poor things just don't get out much. Shot some j-words just last week, they sure look funny.
Glad you've rediscovered the real boolits, it'll be fun to send a few downrange.

JeffinNZ
07-27-2013, 11:47 PM
Yes Joe, we can own military style semi autos (MSSA) but they are on a seperate classification. No drama if you are really serious. Too pricey for this cheap skate though. Also not odd ball enough.

WILCO
07-28-2013, 01:41 AM
Nothing to forgive in my book - I like all my toys equally just sometime you fall for one over another - they all get a turn

That's how I see it.

Tertle
07-28-2013, 02:50 AM
Well just taken the dogs for a walk, and am about to get some dinner going.

Joe, like Jeff mentioned we are allowed at this stage to own M4's on our A cat licence's, however there is legislation that may see them reclassified, but I am somewhat lucky as I already have that specific endorsement on top of my A category. but it has been fun to reload for, the next step is the cast 223 round I think!

But for now im going to go have my dinner and off to the man cave! I have a 303 and a 308 needing attention, but it is good to be "Tinkering" again!