PDA

View Full Version : RED2 , Movie review.

frkelly74
07-27-2013, 02:26 PM
Retired, Extremely Dangerous is what the acronym RED stands for. Bruce Willis , Helen Mirin, Anthony Hopkins, John Malkovich, some younger brown eyed chick, Katherin Zeta Jones, and an Oriental gentleman who's name I do not remember star in this just for fun shoot em up. This movie pits a bunch of retired operators, some of whom are trying to get on with retired life and some who are not, against the CIA, KGB, and MI6 active , ambitious agents who think nothing of expending their own underlings as well as any one else who gets in the way in persuit of their own goals which they choose to view as national interest. There is always also the intent to fix the blame for what ever goes wrong onto the retirees which makes them targets for the government forces involved. Anthony Hopkins portrays a victim/perpetrator/political prisoner fixated on getting even very effectively. Very high body count and I had to wonder about all the families of the fallen who have fallen under orders for questionable or even evil purposes. I thought it was a good movie, lots of BOOM and makes you think.

Artful
07-27-2013, 06:34 PM
RED 2 not quite a good as original RED but I rated it 4 1/2 out of 5 stars myself

frkelly74
07-27-2013, 07:26 PM
I feel that I should see RED1.

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-27-2013, 07:32 PM
Funny coincidence, I hadn't heard of RED til last week when a friend said, lets go to RED 2. I said nahhhh, cuz I figured it's a commie flick. Well, He talked me into seeing it, by borrowing to me the DVD of RED, which I watched it the night before we went to see RED 2 (last weekend).
Yep, very funny shoot 'em up shows.

BTW, in the "extra special features" of the DVD, they claim all the bad things they portray the government doing in the movie (like the LSD tests and other mind control stuff), the government has now acknowledged in some recently unclassified documents...of course most of it has been redacted !

edited: yes, for sure see RED

popper
07-28-2013, 05:04 PM
some younger brown eyed chick - probably the best acting of the bunch. Really funny, moviegoers actually laughing out loud. I ignore all the gov. BS, even if it is true. I go to be entertained, nothing else. Want to se RIPD also.

searcher4851
07-29-2013, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the review. I enjoyed RED, but most sequels leave a lot to be desired. Sounds like they did ok with this one.

Don Purcell
07-29-2013, 08:19 PM
Agree, Mary-Louise Parker did a really good job. The way she uses those big brown eyes makes me weak.
You could tell the whole cast was having a good time.

labdwakin
07-31-2013, 10:36 PM
For a sequel, it was pretty good. I liked the first one better. They didn't introduce enough new characters in RED2.