PDA

View Full Version : Michigan members - gun auction tomorrow morning!!!!!!

Jailer
07-26-2013, 03:33 PM
Looks like this guy had a lot of nice stuff. Of course we just got back from vacation and I'm broke. Figures, there's a few nice guns there I'd like to have.

Would have posted sooner but I just got the heads up today from a buddy of mine.

http://www.wegnerauctioneers.com/gillam-estate---sportsmans-auction.html

Beagle333
07-26-2013, 03:46 PM
Gee..... that'd be nice to just attend and watch!

starmac
07-26-2013, 04:17 PM
I go to all the auctions here that have guns, but have only ever bought an old 340 savage at one. For some reason I can always find better used deals than what goes for at the auctions, most of the time you can buy new cheaper, go figure.

Jailer
07-26-2013, 05:16 PM
Heck this is the first one I've seen around here in a while that had quite a bit of nice stuff. But like you say it will probably go high, usually does at an auction.

GOPHER SLAYER
07-26-2013, 06:13 PM
I didn't see anything that I would bid on. I am not a fan of military weapons and that man certainly was. I did't see one nice single shot. As for the pistols, I have more than I can find time to shoot now. Most of the long guns the man owned are low on the value scale. This is my opinion and of course yours may vary.

Ohio Rusty
07-26-2013, 06:20 PM
This is what happens to your toys when you die. They get auctioned off/sold for someone else to play with. You don't really own the things you do ... they are just on loan to you for a while until later when someone else owns them
Ohio Rusty ><>

Jailer
07-26-2013, 07:50 PM
I didn't see anything that I would bid on. I am not a fan of military weapons and that man certainly was. I did't see one nice single shot. As for the pistols, I have more than I can find time to shoot now. Most of the long guns the man owned are low on the value scale. This is my opinion and of course yours may vary.

What you see as a negative is what I see as an advantage and this is what interest me the most about the auction. Several old cool weapons with a possibility of scoring a deal.

starmac
07-26-2013, 08:24 PM
You have to remember when you win the bid at an auction, you agreed to pay more than anybody else was willing to. lol
That said I have gotten and continue to get some screaming deals at auctions on a lot of stuff, tools and equipment mostly.

Jailer
07-26-2013, 09:51 PM
Oh I know. I love watching bidding wars erupt and seeing some shmuck pay more for something well used than he can buy it for new. :)

The equipment was sold a week ago and a lot of nice stuff went then. Tomorrow is just the firearms stuff.

Ajax
07-27-2013, 12:10 PM
Well, did anyone go and win anything?

Andy

Jailer
07-27-2013, 12:32 PM
I couldn't go we are camping this weekend. I have been getting updates from a buddy via text though. Guns went for reasonable prices but reloading equipment is going for stupid prices. He said I'm not missing mutch. Seems to be the case with most local auctions that have any firearms or related gear.

I do want to know how much the sign went for. :)